PDA

View Full Version : Drummoyne Oval

Cazaly
28th June 2003, 02:22 PM
After watching the Fox Footy Sydney AFL match of the day last night, I wondered just how long it will take for Balmain to straighten up their goalposts .... particularly at the western end.

They have been that way for years and one would have thought that with state wide TV exposure the Club might have been able to get the posts at 90 degrees rather than the usual Leaning Tower of Pisa angle.

troy34
28th June 2003, 11:25 PM
WE HAVE ASKED THE COUNCIL A THOUSAND TIMES BUT THEY DO LITTLE TO HELP, THEY RECENTLY MOVED THE POSTS IN 1 METRE AND MADE THEM WORSE, THEY HAVE LITTLE IDEA ABOUT AFL FOOTBALL IN SYDNEY

floppinab
1st July 2003, 11:41 AM
I know it's bad Troy but there's no need to shout :D

Problem with Drummoyne I believe is that they use the same posts for Rugger and are a bit too used to having the crossbar help straighten them up.

troy34
1st July 2003, 11:49 AM
They actually have seperate posts for rugby and use different holes, the problem is the new holes are too big for the posts

shearer
3rd July 2003, 09:56 AM
I heard a whisper that this years SFL'S finals will be played at Drummoyne Oval, has anyone heard this rumour as well?

Would be a great place to have the finals, the only thing i can see holding it back would be the Sydney Cricket season starting and teh council would have to start preparing wickets.

troy34
3rd July 2003, 10:06 AM
The league does want to hold the Finals here including the Grand Final, they are negotiating with the cricket now and things are looking pretty positive

j s
3rd July 2003, 10:26 AM
I thought Roger Shearan was the preferred finals venue?

It is also a natural ampitheatre (even more so than Drummoyne), has more parking and (last time I was there) the goal posts are straight!! :p :p

(It's also easier for me to get to!)

shearer
3rd July 2003, 10:47 AM
Thanks Troy.

Its a shame the league had to move away from Eskineville Oval, it was a great ground to play at, good atmosphere and it was neutral.