PDA

View Full Version : Greg Stafford

Foreign Legion
28th June 2003, 09:50 PM
Anyone else besides me happy to see him doing well at Richmond?

I hate the tiges but I am pleased to see him do well. But he had to be traded at the time and we got BBBBH for him so I think the trade has worked well for both sides.

Destructive
28th June 2003, 10:05 PM
Im glad he's not with us anymore. Towards the end of his time with us he just looked to be lazy. Now he is Richmond's problem.

Nico
28th June 2003, 10:09 PM
Sorry FL, but I don't have love affairs with ex players.

I don't give a continental how he is going. He is but a name in the Book of AFL Players who happened to, at some time play for Sydney.

Foreign Legion
28th June 2003, 10:20 PM
Nico, I certainly don't care about most ex players but Staff was a good bloke and the only reason he left the Swans was because he stupidly tried to play a season when injured.

I tend to still enjoy watching 100+ game players for the Swans do well. Besides anyone who can make Sam Newman look like an idiot (on the footy show) deserves some credit.

Swansinger
29th June 2003, 11:20 AM
Yes , I'm happy to see him going well and recovered from his mental problems.
Yes , he was silly to play when injury-affected.

As for giving credit to anyone making a fool of Sam Newman -
you must be giving credit to Sam himself!

jude_boltons_babe
29th June 2003, 12:50 PM
since greg went to the tigers hes been playing heaps better

Sid
29th June 2003, 05:24 PM
It's sad to see that ppl dont care about one of our former players after they've left. Unless he badmouths our team, there shouldnt be a reason to stop following him.

The trade has definitely worked out for both teams and I am very happy that he is in form again. It was definitely disappointing to see him lose form for us. He was one of my favourite players in the swans and still is.

desredandwhite
29th June 2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Sid
It's sad to see that ppl dont care about one of our former players after they've left. Unless he badmouths our team, there shouldnt be a reason to stop following him.

I'd have to disagree. With me, unless he was a personal favourite player, I won't bother following their progress. He just becomes "a player who is now on some other team". I follow the club, not the players, if that makes sense.

YMMV of course.

Diego
29th June 2003, 10:17 PM
He can go get Staffed...staff him.

NMWBloods
29th June 2003, 10:42 PM
I follow the club, not the players, if that makes sense.

It does to me, but in an even more stark sense. I don't really give a toss what any individual player is doing with his spare time or anything. All I care about are the Swans winning. If a player is important I want him in the side and playing well. If not, then I don't give rat's what he's up to. As for players of other sides, I follow football generally with interest, but I don't have any personal attachment to how any players are going.

penga
30th June 2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by desredandwhite
YMMV

i still havent picked up what that means :D could we add the acronyms in the rwo guidelines sticky???

me and my family love to hate stafford, we hated him towards the end of his tenure (sp?) here and love to watch him at the tiges especially when he trademarkedly lets a kick come flying off the side of the boot

at the same time though im glad he has improved

scurrilous
30th June 2003, 07:42 PM
Your Mother Makes Vegemite

desredandwhite
30th June 2003, 07:55 PM
It's a bit American I'm afraid :)

Your Mileage May Vary. Doesn't quite have the same sting when you put it in metric terms.

Ganjaman
1st July 2003, 02:12 PM
Stafford fits in well at Richmond, cause they are all chokers

BAM_BAM
1st July 2003, 03:25 PM
I'm happy for him. We saw him the night he was traded in order for us to get Hall. He wasn't a happy camper. It's great to see him playing well, as long he doesn't do so against us.

GoBloods
22nd July 2003, 03:27 PM
i am really happy to see stafford do well at richmond . he tried his best when he played here in sydney and then we traded him. i hope he goes well. the only thing i don't like is we actually traded him for nick daffy.i know who got the better deal, considering every one in football knew daffy had a dodgy knee

Sid
23rd July 2003, 01:05 AM
Well, it was either we get stafford, or we get barry hall. Stafford had a pretty big injury, which was why he was out of form. So definitely Hall was the right option in the short term.