PDA

View Full Version : Is there a welcome home at the SCG tomorrow?

Dave
30th September 2006, 08:49 PM
If so, what time?

is2SWaNz
30th September 2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah, tomorrow.

SYDNEY

Win or lose this weekend the team will be welcomed home at a reception on Sunday 1 October at the SCG.

MC Mark Beretta will keep you entertained and the day will include live music, face painting, rides and kick to kick on ground (weather permitting).

The latest merchandise and memorabilia will also be on sale and the SCG food outlets will be open.

Gates open at 12noon and entry is via GATE A. The team is expected at approximately 2.30pm. This event is open to EVERYONE!

Bob Neil
30th September 2006, 08:55 PM
Lads seemed really down after (who didn't).

They need support and inspiration. I'm more compelled to go to SCG tomorrow (Sun) 12:00+ than after last year.

Thick and thin.

is2SWaNz
30th September 2006, 09:23 PM
I want to go, tell them how proud i am of them (well sort of). And give Goodes and Davis a hug! :( the footage of them crying, i swear i couldn't bear it. I'm bugging my mum to let me go!!!

Swansmaniac
30th September 2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by is2SWaNz
I want to go, tell them how proud i am of them (well sort of). And give Goodes and Davis a hug! :( the footage of them crying, i swear i couldn't bear it. I'm bugging my mum to let me go!!!

Lol, i thought of the hug thing too when i saw that footage...

I have NO CHANCE of going due to bloody work, hence i'm going to be depressed all day and cop alot of slack from non AFL fans who dont like the swans cos i like them... wtf man (or maybe they are just saying that to p***** me off...).

I urge anyone who can go to go, they boys needs all our support...

is2SWaNz
30th September 2006, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Swansmaniac
Lol, i thought of the hug thing too when i saw that footage...

I have NO CHANCE of going due to bloody work, hence i'm going to be depressed all day and cop alot of slack from non AFL fans who dont like the swans cos i like them... wtf man (or maybe they are just saying that to p***** me off...).

I urge anyone who can go to go, they boys needs all our support...

Argh! My mum said no! She doesn't understand footy!!! I just saw some footage of the Swans walking on stage, their faces tell it all. Omg, i wanna go! I wanna show them my support, i wanna show them that with a cup or not, i still love them! :) I hope whoever is going will give them support. They need all the support they can get, it's such a bad loss mentally.

Swansmaniac
1st October 2006, 12:15 AM
Argh! My mum said no! She doesn't understand footy!!! I just saw some footage of the Swans walking on stage, their faces tell it all. Omg, i wanna go! I wanna show them my support, i wanna show them that with a cup or not, i still love them! :) I hope whoever is going will give them support. They need all the support they can get, it's such a bad loss mentally.

Oh no :( . Can you think of any excuse to get out of the house? ;) lol... (I'm not implying anything ahaha:p )

is2SWaNz
1st October 2006, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Swansmaniac
Oh no :( . Can you think of any excuse to get out of the house? ;) lol... (I'm not implying anything ahaha:p )

I've gotta go to Parra tomorrow! But I'll be wearing my Swans cap with pride tomorrow. I really want to go. :( if anyone is going, give Goodes a hug for me please? and maybe a kiss on Amon's cheek!

Swansinger
1st October 2006, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Bob Neil
Lads seemed really down after (who didn't).

They need support and inspiration. I'm more compelled to go to SCG tomorrow (Sun) 12:00+ than after last year.

Thick and thin.

My sentiments entirely - like your thinking , Bob.

Hate this "oohh I'll only go if they win" thing - though of course there's not much of that among RWO-ers.

Glenn
1st October 2006, 08:05 AM
Despite not winning yesterday Sydney has a lot to be proud about for the season.
A chance for all to get out and show their appreciation of what the team has achieved over the season. :)

Mike_B
1st October 2006, 03:06 PM
Just back home in Sydney. Went to the Family Day in Melbourne this morning. For obvious reasons not nearly the same turnout as last year, but still a good turnout, and lots of support for the team. Could see the disappointment on the players faces, but they were already talking about getting back there next year.

is2SWaNz
1st October 2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Mike_B
Just back home in Sydney. Went to the Family Day in Melbourne this morning. For obvious reasons not nearly the same turnout as last year, but still a good turnout, and lots of support for the team. Could see the disappointment on the players faces, but they were already talking about getting back there next year.

Thats good. I really hoped many would turn out even if we won or lost. I hate those people who don't go cos they lost. I wanted to go today. I went to check at the SCG webcam, its all blurry!!! :(

alison.z
1st October 2006, 06:16 PM
went to the scg ... they were all great. they spent nearly an hour signing anything and everything and posing for photos. i got a photo with nick davis and with adam goodes so i'm extremely happy and they were all upbeat and talkative. it was great and a great effort by the swans to please all their fans!

floppinab
1st October 2006, 06:47 PM
Just got back to.

Put about 10 goals through from outside 50, was absolutely on fire but glad we went, boys were upbeat no doubt after largely getting over the defeat last night, not too many on the turps though, only Jude and Davis.

Was wondering why on earth there were so many pretty young things in skimpy outfits that were Swans fans before I realised that Parklife was on!!!!!

stellation
1st October 2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by floppinab

boys were upbeat no doubt after largely getting over the defeat last night, not too many on the turps though, only Jude and Davis.

My favourite moment was Roos being asked about 2007- the crowd cheered, most of the team dropped their heads and Jude and Nick gave each other a big cheesy grin, clinked their bottles and had a swig.

ben.carbonaro
1st October 2006, 07:20 PM

What did your Mum say?

Try and convert her to a football in time for next season.

Carolyn
1st October 2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by ben.carbonaro
Try and convert her to a football in time for next season. I shall be doing that with my parents too.

alison.z
1st October 2006, 07:25 PM
me too ... my dad's almost there - went to 3 games this season and was up to the point of abusing umpired and yelling loudly so he's well on his way but mum can't understand why i am so obsessed ... she did however yell quite well @ the freo final which was her only game this year.

ben.carbonaro
1st October 2006, 07:25 PM
I don't think I will ever be able to do that with my mother.

AussieAnge
1st October 2006, 08:32 PM
What were the boys eating when they came up the race?
and why did Fossie only have one shoe on (did he injure his foot)?

stellation
1st October 2006, 08:39 PM
Did anyone see the team bus? I think either Jude or Nick must have driven it to the SCG.

AussieAnge
1st October 2006, 08:42 PM
The one that got stuck half way out of the gates on Driver Ave? Yes I saw it. Also commented on the OH&S issues of the driver crawling under the back wheels whilst the engine was running.

woo
1st October 2006, 08:45 PM
Ugh..I really wanted to go but crikey my hang over was killing me, so glad the boys had their chins up, at the airport earlier they were all looking so sad, I just wanted to give ben matthews a MASSIVE hug, I dont normally think much of the guy, I just turned to him and said "I love you guys no matter what"

I didn't speak to any of the other players, they really looked like they just wanted some time alone.. and I respected that.

Bindo
1st October 2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by ben.carbonaro
I don't think I will ever be able to do that with my mother.

Don't give up. I converted my Mum when she was 75 and now (81) she doesn't miss a game. Told me she had to leave the telly and go and walk around during the last quarter as she was so uptight.:)

Swansinger
1st October 2006, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike_B
[B]For obvious reasons not nearly the same turnout as last year"]

The obvious reason being that we have a lot of fair-weather supporters ?

Very disapptd with the turn-out at the SCG . Roos was diplomatic of course , saying how great it was for so many to turn up.
But 18 of those magnificent boys would've noticed the diff in the numbers compared to last year.

Told Bomber McVeigh how proud we were of him , making Ben Cousins take a baxckward step.Replied with a smile.