PDA

View Full Version : Kennely on Footy Show tonight

Syd Swan
17th July 2003, 09:31 AM
Just letting all you New South Welshmen (and Welsh women) that Tadgh Kennelly is one of the panelists on tonights AFL Footy Show. I know it is on late in NSW so you better set your vcr's.

Cheers

dawson
17th July 2003, 09:49 AM
Late?!?!

It's not on at all due to the British Open.

SXP
17th July 2003, 11:41 AM
Just when I've managed to avoid watching that "tacky" show, I'll have to endure it for the whole show with Eddy and Sam just to see Kennely.;)
Is it worth it? YES!:D

robbieando
17th July 2003, 02:30 PM
Poor Gem:D :D

j s
17th July 2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by dawson
Late?!?!

It's not on at all due to the British Open.
We shall expect a full and detailed report from those who DO get to see it!!

vagary
17th July 2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by j s
We shall expect a full and detailed report from those who DO get to see it!!

possibly videos of it too. show it next aftermatch

DandE
17th July 2003, 07:24 PM
So annoyed - called Channel Nine to suggest that tonight was probably not the night to replace it with the golf. They said they would take the feedback on board - yea right

Cheer Cheer
17th July 2003, 09:09 PM
I cant believe eddie would even let anything to do with the red and white in his personnel space, hmmm something is suspicious here.

TADGH DONT DRINK THAT WATER IN FRONT OF YOU !! :frown

jude_boltons_babe
17th July 2003, 09:39 PM
golf is bloody boring i wish they were showing the afl footy show

swansrock4eva
17th July 2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by robbieando
Poor Gem:D :D

*cries and cries* rob, or anyone else down there, would you be darlings and tape it for me cos i will be there 2morrow night and will see people at the match on saturday! i can give u another tape or mail it back to you after i'm done!

Glenn
17th July 2003, 10:32 PM
Finally a Swans player gets on the Eddie show, and us in Sydney and most of NSW miss it,because of Channel nine showing men hitting a little ball with a stick into a hole..:mad: :mad: :mad:

penga
18th July 2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Glenn
Finally a Swans player gets on the Eddie show, and us in Sydney and most of NSW miss it,because of Channel nine showing men hitting a little ball with a stick into a hole..:mad: :mad: :mad:

better than what they showed last night, that pathetic event where 1 guy pushes 2 guys up 3 guys arses :rolleyes:

Jimmy C
18th July 2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by penga
better than what they showed last night, that pathetic event where 1 guy pushes 2 guys up 3 guys arses :rolleyes:

SOLID GOLD:D I reckon Thugby would be much improved if it were more like AFL, as opposed to GayFL

swansrock4eva
18th July 2003, 01:22 AM
So? How was it? What did he have to say? details people!

EMJ
18th July 2003, 01:21 PM
Come on people we need to know how Kennelly went. Please let us know. Us poor Sydneysiders got to see nothing. Surely someone can let us know how Tighe went. We are all very keen to know.

SXP
18th July 2003, 02:44 PM
OK, OK, :)

Tadgh was great. He explained his origins at the beginning and then gave his tipps and commentary on every team, as normally the panel does. Although he was "squeezed" between Spider and Darcy on the panel, who were occasionaly intimidating, not allowing him to speak. They knew who the "goodlooking" guy at the table was.;)
Eddy was fair to Tadgh by encouraging him to voice his opinion so that Tadgh could also be heard. I liked that very much, which I must admit was very professional on his behalf (did I just give Eddy a compliment?).
Sam, of course will not receive any honorable mention from me for his constant whining that he can't understand what Tadgh was saying. He was really annoying. Next time the show should bring in a language expert for Sam and help him understand differenet accents (irish, english, etc...:D ).

Gem, I hope somebody has taped it for you, because Tadgh looked very dashing, you would've liked him.

red_avengers
18th July 2003, 04:24 PM
Sam is a r*tard and I've never found his sense of humour very funny

SWANSBEST
18th July 2003, 04:48 PM
The thoughts of Kennelly
12:06:40 PM Fri 18 July, 2003
Karen Collins
afl.com.au
Related Content:

Listen to Tadhg Kennelly

Irishman Tadhg Kennelly believes there is a lot more improvement in the Sydney Swans - from stringing four solid quarters together to improving their accuracy and putting teams away.

Boasting a 10-5 record with seven home-and-away matches left before the red-and-whites hope to make an impression in September, all their focus at the moment is on defeating Carlton at Optus Oval on Saturday.

?They (Carlton) are obviously going to be fired up,? the 22-year-old said.

?During the week they have been training doing a couple 800-metre sprints and a 1km time-trial in the water and a lot of physical work, so they are going to be really, really fired up.

?It is always hard playing teams on the rebound like that, I suppose we just have to be tuned on, soak it up early on and hopefully we can run over the top of them.?

While expecting a hostile crowd, Kennelly hopes Sydney can get on top of Carlton early and perhaps turn their supporters against them.

However, far from being complacent, he admits the team has worked hard on goal-kicking as their accuracy has dropped alarmingly since the break ? especially against Port Adelaide when the Swans trailed 4.5 to 2.9 at the main break.

?I think we just have to take our chances and put scoreboard pressure on teams.

?We probably should have beaten West Coast by a lot more and it could have come back and haunted us at the end and against teams like I suppose Brisbane and Collingwood and Adelaide you want to be able to put that scoreboard pressure on.

?Had we done that against Port Adelaide we could have maybe won the game, we would have been a big chance going in at half-time being a few goals up and the psyche could have been different for us and for Port Adelaide.?

While happy other teams in the competition now respect them, Kennelly knows it will only increase the difficulty in an already tough run home which includes Fremantle, Adelaide, Hawthorn, Brisbane, Collingwood and Melbourne.

?People didn?t expect us to win after we lost three in a row, people were saying we have Brisbane, we have Collingwood and Melbourne at home and we were doubtful to make the eight and stuff like that but we won.

?We are not getting ahead of ourselves but it is a tough run so we are just going to take it week by week and hopefully we can get over the line and cement a place in the top eight.?

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=106684