PDA

View Full Version : Dunk's goal-kicking career

undy
17th July 2003, 11:14 AM
http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/articles/2003/07/12/1057979651205.html

I wouldn't have seen this if I hadn't been looking at the item about uncontracted players, so here it is for anyone else as blind as me.

Andy

chammond
17th July 2003, 01:31 PM
This is actually an extract from a double page spread in the Age last weekend about Andrew Dunkley, Paul Hudson and the brilliant recruiting strategy of the Leongatha Club (which now has them sitting equal top of the ladder!). They even managed to get Peter Hudson to go down and give them some goal-kicking training!

jixygirl
17th July 2003, 01:53 PM
Well, there definitely doing something right. It was interesting to see that Dunks was playing up in the forward area

chammond
17th July 2003, 02:00 PM
Dunks actually plays anywhere he pleases. He runs around (slowly) and has a great time telling everyone what to do. When he gets bored, he has a run on the ball and intimidates the hell out of the opposition.
Hudson looks really fit, and could probably still be playing AFL. But he's now totally focussed on building a new career in health promotion, and just seems to be playing footy for fun.
He's probably the kind of bloke that would do well in the SFL as a player/coach?