PDA

View Full Version : More thoughts from the SydneyAFL weekend

Troy G
17th July 2003, 07:28 PM
- Well done to all at Drummoyne especially their medical staff for the quick and professional way that Simon Meyer was handled on Sunday. I'm told understandably, that the incident has rocked both clubs and many players particularly those that were a witness, are still very shaken up by what's happened. My thoughts are with Simon and his family too, it's an awful thing.

On the football.
- It was nice to see Jason McPherson acting as assistant coach talking to a small group of players at quarter time including Nathan McPherson. Macca is out with a quad injury at the moment
- Another Bulldogs Brad Flinn is their runner at the moment as well while he recovers from a kidney blow
- Drummoyne on Sunday had one of the smallest crowds I've ever seen at the local game. They must have known something about the scoreline.
- After the weekend the Balmain/Magpies merger I've been calling for to enter the Canberra AFL looks even more attractive.
- Balmain's Michael Carey had a great game in a side that was thrashed!
- UNSW-Easts percentage has jumped from 96.46 to 116.67 last week they had the 6th lowest, this week the 2nd highest after the all conquering North Shore.
- Some stats that show how well North Shore are going, they've won 10/10 so far, last year they won 12/16 and lost 4. Their average scoreline is 106 to 45. Their percentage is more than double that of UNSW. The U word must be starting to get spoken...Undefeated!

footyhead
18th July 2003, 01:07 PM
What happend to Simon Myer ???

Troy G
18th July 2003, 02:36 PM
See front page story and " say a prayer for Simon" thread.

Troy G
18th July 2003, 07:16 PM
Balmain and UNSW-East players are very upset from last week and have been getting counselling and are deeply emotional with what has occurred. Seems strange then to send them out on Sunday when the players may not be ready for it. I would have thought their games would be postponed and they'd be given another week.