PDA

View Full Version : collingwood 2 game start plus

GoBloods
18th July 2003, 03:26 PM
i am sick of all the coll'wood propaganda , how everyone one else gets concessions etc but poor old victorian based coll'wood has to fight for themselves. Consider the pies play 18 games a year in vic, and a majority of these at the mcg. they therefore travel for 4 games. this year syd, bris, adelaide(twice) no trip to perth(so no subiaco hangover). imagine the uproar if swans or lions played 18 games in syd or bris each year
they whinge again about how the swans stole davis but lets not mentioned how they lured licuria and rocca away from sydney.
lets also not believe the hype that we took williams or schuable from them.these two left the pies as unwanted men. funny what happens when u r not in the buckley clique.
and lets not forget that all non-vic teams who joined vfl/afl- swans(twice) , bris, wce,crows,freo,pa had to pay in excess of $4million licence fee to join. That is over $24million.....that money was redistributed to vic clubs by vfl/afl surely keeping alot of these clubs afloat instead of bankrupt.....
but in passing the only good thing u can say about pies is their president is loud and proud . he fights the afl and makes alot of noise in the media...certainly everyone notices collingwood, i wish my club president seemed half as passionate and as proud as eddie.........

scurrilous
18th July 2003, 06:28 PM
Has anyone looked at how many teams are in the AFL this year? And how many of those teams are Victorian? I can't for the life of me remeber how many Victorian teams there are.

bricon
19th July 2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by scurrilous
Has anyone looked at how many teams are in the AFL this year? And how many of those teams are Victorian? I can't for the life of me remeber how many Victorian teams there are.

I'm sure there's at least 2 coz there's 8 teams needed for the finals.