PDA

View Full Version : What do you think will happen in season 2007?

Claret
23rd February 2007, 07:06 PM
Every season seems to throw up something a little out of the ordinary - last year we had siren-gate (who could have predicted that?!).

So what do you think it will be this year?

stellation
23rd February 2007, 07:47 PM
Adem Yze will break his ankle.

DeadlyAkkuret
23rd February 2007, 08:00 PM
Either Sheedy or Malthouse to be sacked by round 11, with their team having only won 1 game by the halfway mark.

Sanecow
23rd February 2007, 08:08 PM
Doyle will get injured.

ROK Lobster
23rd February 2007, 08:31 PM
Paul Roos will disappear up his own arse.

Carolyn
23rd February 2007, 08:34 PM
It'll rain so much during a match that by three quarter time, the players will be playing ankle deep in water all over the ground.

stellation
23rd February 2007, 08:42 PM
Miserable gits will complain about Nick Davis.

swantastic
24th February 2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Carolyn
It'll rain so much during a match that by three quarter time, the players will be playing ankle deep in water all over the ground. Ah memorys from last year Swans v Saints at the SCG.

Claret
24th February 2007, 12:58 PM
It'll rain so much during a match that by three quarter time, the players will be playing ankle deep in water all over the ground. La Nina will cause the cancellation of 5 games in one round - the players refusing to play in wet conditions.

573v30
24th February 2007, 02:20 PM
Maybe a riot, after a tied Western Derby, Showdown or Collingwood vs. Port Adelaide. :D

swantastic
24th February 2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by 573v30
Maybe a riot, after a tied Western Derby:D That would be good and all the players are involved and punch the @@@@ out of each other and are suspended for rest of the season.

Mike_B
24th February 2007, 03:25 PM
185 games will be played, 8 teams will make the finals, one team will be premiers.

That's about as good as my crystal ball will work.

JF_Bay22_SCG
24th February 2007, 09:26 PM
My tips, Freo & the Bulldogs to continue their rise & be thereabouts in 07.

St Kilda the Pies & Melbourne to drop out of the 8 completely.

JF

Layby
24th February 2007, 11:13 PM
Port Adelaide suprise some by finishing 4-6

DeadlyAkkuret
25th February 2007, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Layby
Port Adelaide suprise some by finishing 4-6

4-6 wins?

ROK Lobster
25th February 2007, 08:29 AM
It'll rain so much during a match that by three quarter time, the players will be playing ankle deep in water all over the ground. http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=38382

Layby
25th February 2007, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by DeadlyAkkuret
4-6 wins?

We will see i guess !

Very good rucks, very good onballers, Tredrea fit

As always depends on luck with injuries

my roughie for this year

Thunder Shaker
25th February 2007, 11:05 AM
Three drawn games.

More Eagles players will be involved in off-field shenanigans.

Richmond will finish ninth.

Melees will be a hot topic after an all-in brawl at a game between two Melbourne-based clubs. The melee will result in three suspensions and ten fines.

Pre-season umpiring trial will fail.

Changes to the push-in-the-back rule will be controversial.

One ugly incident in a game puts a player in hospital. His opponent is cited with a Level 5 offence (no penalty offered, must go straight to tribunal) and is subsequently suspended for nine rounds.

Essendon will win the spoon.

Lack of summer rain at one AFL venue leaves the venue rather hard underfoot early in the season. This causes a spate of stress injuries to players who play at that venue in the first few rounds.

Fremantle will be taken seriously for a change as they follow up last year's success with another good season.

The dire financial state of the Kangaroos has the AFL discussing mergers and relocations seriously for the first time in ten years. Western Kangaroos and Gold Coast Kangaroos are two names that feature prominently.

A player is charged with fraud.

Breathalyzers are sold to a Melbourne-based club after an incident where a player turns up drunk to training. That player is suspended by the club for two games.

Heavy rain at the end of a game causes flash flooding and traffic chaos.

DeadlyAkkuret
25th February 2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Layby
We will see i guess !

Very good rucks, very good onballers, Tredrea fit

As always depends on luck with injuries

my roughie for this year

Yeah i was just being sarcastic lol, you definitely could be right. I really like the looks of Pearce, and have long been a fan of the Burgoyne boys too. Time will tell!!

Wardy
26th February 2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by eirinn
Lara Bingle will shag at least one member of each AFL team, and every BOTY nominee.

Speaking of BOTY, this will be the year the Swans finally take it out... it's the only big award we haven't yet won... ;)

Well you know that the cricket season is nearly over and whats a girl too do!;)

Commentators will still be having orgasms everytime Judd gets the ball - even when he kicks it out of bounds on the full.,

Matthew Richardson will continue to throw tantrums

Anthony Hudson will finally go and buy his shirts in the kids department so as he gets the right neck size.

Cameron Ling will not have a hair cut.

Akermanis will go back to his natural haircolour.

Missy
26th February 2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Wardy

Cameron Ling will not have a hair cut.

I saw yesterday that Cam Mooney chopped all his hair off. Much better look.

goswannie14
26th February 2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Wardy
Commentators will still be having orgasms everytime Judd gets the ball - even when he kicks it out of bounds on the full., Only it may be worse with Bruce commentating.:o

573v30
26th February 2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
Only it may be worse with Bruce commentating.:o At least we don't have to hear "Big Bad Bustling Barry" every time Hall gets near the ball. ;)

RogueSwan
2nd March 2007, 02:21 PM
A weagles player will disgrace himself and his team but only get a slap on the wrist because he is too good a player... oh wait that has already happened, surely it wouldn't happen twice in one season would it?

573v30
2nd March 2007, 03:32 PM
There's still plenty of time for another Eagle to get his wings clipped. ;)

AnnieH
3rd March 2007, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by DeadlyAkkuret
Either Sheedy or Malthouse to be sacked by round 11, with their team having only won 1 game by the halfway mark.

From your mouth to god's ears Deadly.:D

AnnieH
3rd March 2007, 12:50 AM
You people make me laugh. It's all very funny - can you imagine!:D

I was impatient before, now I'm itching for the footy.

Thunder Shaker
20th March 2007, 01:28 PM
More Eagles players will be involved in off-field shenanigans.
Tick. (http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200703/s1876617.htm)

reigning premier
21st March 2007, 09:44 AM
A weagles player will disgrace himself and his team but only get a slap on the wrist because he is too good a player... oh wait that has already happened, surely it wouldn't happen twice in one season would it?

Pffftt... How can we ever take you seriously now???

LOL