PDA

View Full Version : Saddington

swantastic
3rd March 2007, 07:47 PM
I was a little @@@@@@ when we got rid of Saddo but while watching Carlton v Hawks now i realise why,he his crap.

elroy67
3rd March 2007, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by swantastic
I was a little @@@@@@ when we got rid of Saddo but while watching Carlton v Hawks now i realise why,he his crap.

I agree, however I thought he played his 'best' footy as a forward. I'm suprised that Dennis hasn't given him a go there.

Xie Shan
4th March 2007, 12:36 PM
I watched the replay of the Hawks-Blues game and the only mentions I caught of Saddo on the call went something along the lines of"surely he won't put it out of bounds this time" and, later, "doesn't know what to do with it". Kinda sad, really. I do think Carlton are a bit underrated though. While far from a contender, watching last night they really aren't that bad, though they're still going to be relying a lot on their guns in Fevola, Waite and Kouta, who still looks pretty good.

graystar
5th March 2007, 01:25 AM
Glad to see the over head dropper is at Carlton. I am amazed he is still running around.

Most crap AFL players do not play for as long as he has.

DeadlyAkkuret
12th March 2007, 09:27 PM
Glad to see the over head dropper is at Carlton. I am amazed he is still running around.

Most crap AFL players do not play for as long as he has.

Matthews?

Claret
12th March 2007, 09:30 PM
Matthews?Leigh was a pretty decent player.

ROK Lobster
12th March 2007, 09:31 PM
The only one sorry to see him go was Hall.

DeadlyAkkuret
12th March 2007, 09:33 PM
Leigh was a pretty decent player.

Joke ruiner:mad:

ROK Lobster
12th March 2007, 09:35 PM
Joke ruiner:mad:
Can you Impact font the smileys too?

DeadlyAkkuret
12th March 2007, 09:39 PM
That would be good, wouldn't it?

goswannie14
12th March 2007, 09:41 PM
Joke ruiner:mad: If you had spelled Mathews as Mathews instead of Matthews your joke would have worked.:(

DeadlyAkkuret
12th March 2007, 09:50 PM
Damn it!

reigning premier
13th March 2007, 09:29 AM
Think you're all being a bit harsh.... Saddo had a couple of handy seasons for us... It certainly wasn't his last couple but prior to that, he had been a handy contributor up fwd. Moving him down back did us and him no favours.

NMWBloods
13th March 2007, 05:07 PM
Just an average footballer who should have done better.

swantastic
13th March 2007, 05:15 PM
Just an average footballer who should have done better.At best.

Jeffers1984
16th June 2007, 01:16 AM
Been watching Saddo the last few weeks as he has been in the 22 for Carlton. Poor bugger has completely lost it. Still has the same problems of going for the mark instead of punching in defence and he just looks lost out there.

Croad, Boyle and Roughead all tore him a new one when Saddo had turns in defending each of them.

swantastic
16th June 2007, 06:45 AM
Been watching Saddo the last few weeks as he has been in the 22 for Carlton. Poor bugger has completely lost it. Still has the same problems of going for the mark instead of punching in defence and he just looks lost out there.

Croad, Boyle and Roughead all tore him a new one when Saddo had turns in defending each of them.I liked Saddo,but i'm glad he's gawn because he is woeful.

Jeffers1984
16th June 2007, 10:00 AM
I liked Saddo,but i'm glad he's gawn because he is woeful.

Saddo's first 3 years for us were pretty good but it looks like his knee injuries have destroyed one of his main weapons, his pace. His reading of the play will still be there but without his strength or pace he probably will be finished in the AFL at the end of this year or next year.

ScottH
16th June 2007, 11:52 AM

Croad, Boyle and Roughead all tore him a new one when Saddo had turns in defending each of them.6 goals against, by 3 opponents. :o

hammo
16th June 2007, 12:16 PM
He's a hack - always was and still is. Will be delisted at season's end.

NMWBloods
16th June 2007, 01:24 PM
It was amazing how aggressively he was defended on here when some people said he would never be a key defender...

ugg
29th July 2007, 01:04 AM
Caught a glimpse of Saddo this arvo. It seems a leopard can't change its spots. Still trying to mark instead of punching.

Damien
29th July 2007, 01:21 AM
Caught a glimpse of Saddo this arvo. It seems a leopard can't change its spots. Still trying to mark instead of punching.

haha yeah that was a bit of a shocker.

Nice goal later in the day when he was moved up forward though. He should be very thankful he went to a club like Carlton where he could squeeze out a few more years at the top level!

JF_Bay22_SCG
29th July 2007, 03:42 AM
Been watching Saddo the last few weeks as he has been in the 22 for Carlton. Poor bugger has completely lost it.

You are inferring that he actually had it in the first place Jeffers. :o

JF

ItsAllGoodes
29th July 2007, 11:09 AM

At one stage, i think in the 3rd quarter, he gave the ball a double fisted punch when he could have marked...it went straight to a stkilda crumber who kicked a goal...so he cant win...his mistake was that (a) he could have marked and (b) he punched it front and square

He did ok in the 2nd and last quarters as a leading forward...and was a loose man in defence in quarters 1 and 3...i just dont think he is a key defender...we tried to turn him into one and Carlton have tried to use him that way too...he is just not big and strong enough to mark against guys like Reiwoldt and Gehrig...mind you he is 'bigger' than B2...just not as clever or as desperate

reigning premier
29th July 2007, 02:06 PM
At one stage, i think in the 3rd quarter, he gave the ball a double fisted punch when he could have marked...it went straight to a stkilda crumber who kicked a goal...so he cant win...his mistake was that (a) he could have marked and (b) he punched it front and square

C'mon... Being a bit harsh there. Clearly he had an instruction to punch at all costs. Leo does the same sometimes whne it would have been so much easier just to mark it.

As for where it went, very difficult to control it's direction. All he's doing is ensuring no mark and therefore, set shot on goal.

swantastic
29th July 2007, 02:15 PM
Saddo is a vastly underrated player IMO.

Triple B
29th July 2007, 02:32 PM
C'mon... Being a bit harsh there. Clearly he had an instruction to punch at all costs. Leo does the same sometimes whne it would have been so much easier just to mark it.

As for where it went, very difficult to control it's direction. All he's doing is ensuring no mark and therefore, set shot on goal.

Punch at all costs when in contested situations, OK.

Punch when you are 3 metres in the clear and the ball is going to hit you on the sternum, ridiculous.

stellation
4th August 2007, 03:26 PM
10 minutes in to the Carlton and Collingwood game, Saddo is clearly the front runner for AA FB.

NMWBloods
4th August 2007, 04:00 PM
10 minutes in to the Carlton and Collingwood game, Saddo is clearly the front runner for AA FB.
Explain?

Triple B
4th August 2007, 04:06 PM

:p He's been pretty good so far.

Carlton should be 3 or 4 goals in front.

stellation
4th August 2007, 04:21 PM
Explain?
I think he's actually been pretty good. Stuck with a tough match up on Rocca and has held him to just the 1 touch in the first half.

573v30
4th August 2007, 04:43 PM
Lucky break for Saddo, Rocca misses the set shot from about 40m out.

stellation
4th August 2007, 05:45 PM
Just to highlight, I said for the first 10 minutes of the game :o

573v30
4th August 2007, 05:51 PM
Same old Saddo... :rolleyes:

cruiser
4th August 2007, 05:57 PM
He looks a lot bigger now, but still not a lot better on the ground, although he was OK today against Rocca. It was quite a contest between them.

NMWBloods
4th August 2007, 06:03 PM
Did they move Saddo off Rocca at the end, or was it a usual Saddo game (when taking into account the full 100 min)?

ugg
4th August 2007, 06:06 PM
Nope he was on Rocca till the end. Very much outsized!

punter257
4th August 2007, 10:00 PM
i couldn't believe it when he nailed that goal from 60

but yeah rocca was way too big for him in the end

NMWBloods
4th August 2007, 10:55 PM
Where else can you play Saddo? Not quick enough or skillful enough to be a half back. Same as a winger. Just makes an average backup backman!