PDA

View Full Version : Balmain Dockers

Johno74
5th March 2007, 09:59 AM
Interesting to note that in the Clearences section on the Sydney AFL website that the Dockers have been very active.

Seems like there may have been some solid recruiting take place, with a large number from inter and intra state clubs.

Will this see the Dockers rise up the ladder? Seems like there might be some extra talent floating in with Hall, Kinnard and Thatcher. What's the story Tiger_Town?

tigers_town
5th March 2007, 10:59 PM
Dockers to be honest havent skimmed on throwing the cheque book around yet again ...Hally has brought some Crows over in Thatcher and Kinnaird ...Santarossa looked like coming but pulled out late in the piece and will line up for St George Credit Union Crows this season (shearer could probably tell us how well he's travelling )and also Dockers connections have brought in some guys out of WAFL and of course Hally contacts up north have unearthed a few ...but it amazing how $$$$$$$$$$$ can interest a player !!!

We Will Win the Comp !!! Crows or North Shore for Spoon

habib
6th March 2007, 11:22 AM
that is a pretty big statement that Balmain will win the flag, and not one game has been played yet!! How many of the new players going to Balmain will be in the best 22??

Bomberland
6th March 2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by tigers_town
Dockers to be honest havent skimmed on throwing the cheque book around yet again ...Hally has brought some Crows over in Thatcher and Kinnaird ...Santarossa looked like coming but pulled out late in the piece and will line up for St George Credit Union Crows this season (shearer could probably tell us how well he's travelling )and also Dockers connections have brought in some guys out of WAFL and of course Hally contacts up north have unearthed a few ...but it amazing how $$$$$$$$$$$ can interest a player !!!

We Will Win the Comp !!! Crows or North Shore for Spoon

North shore and crows for a wooden spoon, i dont think so tiger, dockers will finish outside the four at best. It will be near impoossible to take a broken club like yours and pump it full of unloyal money chasing players and expect to win the flag, it doesnt work that way and the clubs who have won flags over the last 6-8 years have proven that.
North shore
Penno
Easts
all clubs with not much cash and loyal home grown kids...

NorthShoreAngel
7th March 2007, 04:28 PM
the bombers and crows will kick butt
but the dockers need work

ash
7th March 2007, 04:57 PM
The other teams must have plenty!!

Didnt ECE just employ someone to do a voluntary position for $90k???

Hasnt North Shore always paid all their players as they have had premium sponsors such as Orange and a host of well established businessmen involved with the club???

Is it coincidence that Ive never heard of Penno player changing? Is it because of the party pies they provide after each home game (maybe as I dod ponder this benefit!)

Originally posted by Bomberland
North shore and crows for a wooden spoon, i dont think so tiger, dockers will finish outside the four at best. It will be near impoossible to take a broken club like yours and pump it full of unloyal money chasing players and expect to win the flag, it doesnt work that way and the clubs who have won flags over the last 6-8 years have proven that.
North shore
Penno
Easts
all clubs with not much cash and loyal home grown kids...

Steiger
7th March 2007, 05:37 PM
North Shore were 7th last year... They need to do just as much work as the Dockers to improve this season.

Bomberland
7th March 2007, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by ash

Hasnt North Shore always paid all their players as they have had premium sponsors such as Orange and a host of well established businessmen involved with the club???

Is it coincidence that Ive never heard of Penno player changing? Is it because of the party pies they provide after each home game (maybe as I dod ponder this benefit!)
It seems north shores professionalism has shone through looking a million dollars as i can tell you first hand, it aint the case. You should never judge a book by its cover...

Bomberland
7th March 2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Steiger
North Shore were 7th last year... They need to do just as much work as the Dockers to improve this season.
I would have to agree with that.

scribler
9th March 2007, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Bomberland
I would have to agree with that. from what i have been told about north shore is that they had players that committed last year they were playing other sports the day before north shore due to play...

Bomberland
12th March 2007, 05:00 PM
What sort of sports, like rugby or late finishing cricket? i dont know anyone who was playing two codes...

boroboy
13th March 2007, 09:14 AM
Tigertown...pls check private messages.

The Ern
13th March 2007, 02:30 PM

You would be right Ash. In my dozen years at Penno i could only name about half a dozen players who have jumped ship (mainly to Balmain actually). Many have come and gone from the lower grades (like all clubs) but from our senior group you'll find an astounding loyalty to the club. Quite heartening really..........

rooboy
14th March 2007, 03:39 PM
Our more to the point Penno? Why would you leave when cash is King?

wake up ash!

Pekay
15th March 2007, 07:45 AM
Further to clearances, i still find it strange that Holroyd seem to be the only senior club in Sydney without a single clearance or new rego. I know(or i've been told)that 50-60 on the track at training is the norm at Gipps these days,so surely they've got paperwork to submit. Anyone shed some light? Sash or Rafters?

Sasha
15th March 2007, 10:22 AM
Further to clearances, i still find it strange that Holroyd seem to be the only senior club in Sydney without a single clearance or new rego. I know(or i've been told)that 50-60 on the track at training is the norm at Gipps these days,so surely they've got paperwork to submit. Anyone shed some light? Sash or Rafters?

Where did you hear that info? I highly doubt there's 50-60 on the track every training session. From what I've heard tho, they COULD have 50-60 players in the books. But not sure what happens with the managerial side of things (as in why no clearences have been logged into the sydafl website??)

tigers_town
18th March 2007, 06:38 PM
Good to see Balmain keeping an eye on this forum . The club has been sending me private messages trying to silence my talk on the club . for your information Dockers , I am simply a supporter not a current player simply a former and quite mediocre player at the club from past tigers days telling it like it is . I have contacts at a few clubs from work and playing days , and are firmly behind the Tigers / Dockers in 07 . Basically the club didnt like my talk of the club throwing the cheque book around , can the club explain how this is not the case then this season . I think they have made great improvements by use of the cheque book , just annoyed the administrators r in denial

The Spoiler
18th March 2007, 09:22 PM
Very interesting to note the article on Page 102 of to day's Sun Herald Tiger Town!! You people down at Balmain have managed to get a whole page of publicity for Sydney Football.Isn't someone at NSWAFL meant to be doing that? Is she being paid HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE money for that purpose? Yet NEVER any publicity! I think Orange Maggot plays with computers in there too!! Anyway well done to Balmain! What's the response from the Eagles?

ash
18th March 2007, 10:28 PM
A great article and photo.

The first time Ive seen this coverage for the league in a national paper in over 20 years.

boroboy
19th March 2007, 10:05 AM
Good to see Balmain keeping an eye on this forum . The club has been sending me private messages trying to silence my talk on the club . for your information Dockers , I am simply a supporter not a current player simply a former and quite mediocre player at the club from past tigers days telling it like it is . I have contacts at a few clubs from work and playing days , and are firmly behind the Tigers / Dockers in 07 . Basically the club didnt like my talk of the club throwing the cheque book around , can the club explain how this is not the case then this season . I think they have made great improvements by use of the cheque book , just annoyed the administrators r in denial

If you'd had the courtesy to reply to my private message (in which I gave my name and contact details) I would have fully explained what had taken place this season - to claim you were being 'silenced' is nonsense. However, you chose not to and continue to hide behind a user name on the main forum where you continue to make unsubstantiated claims. By all means continue to support the Dockers, but your views and opinions do not reflect that of the Board of the Club.

Gambler
19th March 2007, 04:12 PM
"Shame they couldn't get their facts straight though - they referred to ECE as Premeirs"

Woodsy, It refers to WEST Coast Eagles being the reigning premiers. It is a good article, hopefully there will be more to come promoting Sydney footy throughout the year..

Mr PHD
19th March 2007, 04:35 PM
Nice picture Hally. Look a little underdone but tanned up.

DId not recognise any of the players. Anyone at dockerland shed some light on all of these new signings.

Didnt do you much good losing to Wollongong I hear.

Im sure Hally has them on track as as he did with the crows last year.

A great article and photo.

The first time Ive seen this coverage for the league in a national paper in over 20 years.

Pekay
19th March 2007, 05:44 PM
Is there a link to this article that someone can post?

Norris Lurker
20th March 2007, 12:55 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/afl/dockers-drop-anchor-on-swans-turf/2007/03/17/1174080229350.html

Pekay
20th March 2007, 12:12 PM
Good article,but dont Colless' comments about sydney Footy smacks of arrogance.we dont develop the game in Sydney.he'll one day regret saying that,Footy is cyclical,the Swans will sit at ladder bottom soon,and we dont have to develop the Swans crowds do we?

cos789
20th March 2007, 06:54 PM
Good article,but dont Colless' comments about sydney Footy smacks of arrogance.we dont develop the game in Sydney.he'll one day regret saying that,Footy is cyclical,the Swans will sit at ladder bottom soon,and we dont have to develop the Swans crowds do we?

Extremely short sighted when you're the only (AFL) team in town .
A bit different if there's more than one team in town . But if there is ever another team in town , the horse might have bolted .

Pekay
20th March 2007, 07:27 PM
Exactly,it seemed to be a 'we just won the flag,we dont have 2 do squat' attitude,and u could feel Sydney's Footy family collectively groan with disappointment. If it wasnt for all the local club people going to Swans games in the doldrum yrs, when seagulls nearly outnumbered people,the Swans wld've died a slow death long ago.its not as if we're asking for millions,just some structural support,maybe a few of the 10 dozen footys they use?after they're finished of course!we do the right thing by them dont we?