PDA

View Full Version : "After the Game"-an awesome TV show

JF_Bay22_SCG
22nd July 2003, 11:50 PM
Hi cats,
When I was recovering after my efforts in chanting on Saturday I switched on the box at my wonder BEST WESTERN hotel (PLUG PLUG) to see a foty show I had never seen before. It was like 'The Panel' but about footy, and included Rove Macmanus as ne of the satirists.

If it wasn't one of the wittiest, most funny footy programmes around, I don't know what is. Heaps more intelligent than the snide idiocy of Sam Newman and Eddie. And far less grating than Rex Hunt going spastic. Taking the piss with wit-very impressive!

Sadly we only get it in Sydney when the Swans are playing on a Saturday night.

Maybe we can ask Channel 10 to put it on after the Saturday night replay. It is well worth a watch.

What are your thoughts on it?

JF

j s
22nd July 2003, 11:54 PM
I agree JF. I enjoy it too!

Charlie
22nd July 2003, 11:55 PM
I like it. Rove isn't usually a panellist though - he was filling in for Dave Hughes who was doing a stand-up gig on Saturday night. Rove is an executive producer or something.

Eloise Southby (the netballer) is also supposed to be on the show, although obviously her World Championships commitments have taken precedence, and Samantha Lane has filled her spot. Don't know whether Southby is coming back... but she was more entertaining than Sam (I have a job in journalism 'cause my dad is Tim Lane, therefore I don't need any talent) Lane.

swansrock4eva
23rd July 2003, 12:00 AM
we do actually get it up here every week, just at god-awful hours when we don't play at night. It's very funny except they keep taking the piss outta tadhg's accent when the interview him :mad: Other than that, i love it! I dunno if anyone saw the week where hughesey sent his neice a new essendon singing teddy bear, only to have her send it back cos it sang "Oh we're a happy team at hawthorn" lol! :D

Would be better on a sunday after the whole round was over though!

treespirit
23rd July 2003, 12:16 AM
We get it every week in Melbourne. I find it a bit patchy, but I usually enjoy it. They love interviewing Tadgh and he does a great job when they do.

Xie Shan
23rd July 2003, 11:59 AM
I think it's funnier to people in Sydney because we don't GET any other AFL panel shows unless you count the late Eddie show on Thursdays :frown

At least they give the Swans a fair go, even though they all seem to support Melbourne clubs.

Swansinger
23rd July 2003, 02:41 PM
My 11 y.o. son likes it - I think he's reached my level of humour , but the missus thinks it's just me going down to his level.

Anyway with Samantha Lane there , we dads can still enjoy it with the sound turned down.
:D