PDA

View Full Version : Kouta out for 10

ScottH
27th March 2007, 09:41 AM
Link
(http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21451808-11088,00.html)
CARLTON star Anthony Koutoufides will miss up to 10 weeks of football after surgery yesterday to repair a torn tendon in his right ring finger.

reigning premier
27th March 2007, 10:33 AM
Do the maths on that......

He was on lets say... $400k.. And that's conservative....

400/22 = $18k a game....

400/12 = $33k a game....

How many did he play last year?

I wonder why these guys are in financial trouble?

swansrock4eva
27th March 2007, 12:01 PM
But they're not going to decrease his salary because of his injury - technically that's against that law. And aside from that, he'll still be training etc. The injury is part of football and finger injuries can happen to any player amd actually MUST be treated quickly in most cases or damage can be permanent, so how does Kouta getting one exemplify their finiancial woes?

tara
27th March 2007, 12:03 PM
Salary is nowhere in 400K.

reigning premier
27th March 2007, 12:15 PM
But they're not going to decrease his salary because of his injury - technically that's against that law. And aside from that, he'll still be training etc. The injury is part of football and finger injuries can happen to any player amd actually MUST be treated quickly in most cases or damage can be permanent, so how does Kouta getting one exemplify their finiancial woes?

No @@@@ Sherlock!!

The point of the post was to @@@@ take that their "star" player will now be sitting on the bench for nearly half the season...

reigning premier
27th March 2007, 12:26 PM
Salary is nowhere in 400K.

Ok... How much then?

Let's look at Carlton's top players...

Fevola
Stevens
Kouta
Lappin
Whitnall
Scotland
Houlihan
Waite

That's pretty much in order... (But lets not get to worried about who should or shouldn't be there or the order)...

Fevola >$600k
Stevens >$500k
Kouta >$400k
Lappin >$250k
Whitnall >$250k
Scotland >$250k
Houlihan >$200k
Waite >$200k

The rest.... whatever....

$400k... is about right...

swansrock4eva
27th March 2007, 12:27 PM
But why does this particular example show why they have financial troubles? Injuries are part of footy and it doesn't matter what a player is paid - it won't protect them or make them more susceptible to injury! Now if it was a story that Bryce Gibbs had received a payrise to put him on $1million a year for the next 10, I might consider that an example of poor financial management

reigning premier
27th March 2007, 12:30 PM
But why does this particular example show why they have financial troubles? Injuries are part of footy and it doesn't matter what a player is paid - it won't protect them or make them more susceptible to injury! Now if it was a story that Bryce Gibbs had received a payrise to put him on $1million a year for the next 10, I might consider that an example of poor financial management

No @@@@ Sherlock!!

The point of the post was to @@@@ take that their "star" player will now be sitting on the bench for nearly half the season...

Note my previous comments......:rolleyes:

swansrock4eva
27th March 2007, 12:37 PM
:rolleyes: yourself!

Your initial comment was " I wonder why these guys are in financial trouble?" - Take the proverbial going along the lines of "hahah Kouta's out for half a season with a FINGER injury - how weak!" I can understand. Going "Hahah Kouta's injured no wonder they're up the creek at the bank" - clearly we're on different levels about taking the proverbial about the situation...

Sanecow
27th March 2007, 12:42 PM
The Hun reported a $200,000 contract for 2007. And while I wait for "Oh if the Hun reported it then it must be true :rolleyes:" I will just say in advance: I trust their sources more than I trust your imagination.

reigning premier
27th March 2007, 12:45 PM
The Hun reported a $200,000 contract for 2007. And while I wait for "Oh if the Hun reported it then it must be true :rolleyes:" I will just say in advance: I trust their sources more than I trust your imagination.

At least you realise the folly of your ways..... That's a start.....

reigning premier
27th March 2007, 12:46 PM
:rolleyes: yourself!

Your initial comment was " I wonder why these guys are in financial trouble?" - Take the proverbial going along the lines of "hahah Kouta's out for half a season with a FINGER injury - how weak!" I can understand. Going "Hahah Kouta's injured no wonder they're up the creek at the bank" - clearly we're on different levels about taking the proverbial about the situation...

I surrender....

giant
27th March 2007, 03:43 PM

There was a big stink last year about the cut in pay he was going to take but I think he ended up swallowing it - $200K is certainly closer to the truth than $400K & IIRC the gossip was something less than $200K, tho that may have been base only.

tara
27th March 2007, 04:55 PM
RP you figures for Kouta are way off the mark as are Whitnall. I believe fat boy is on around 350-385 p season.

I fully understand you point re $ per game but he was only ever going to start on the bench anyway this year unless we see a major reversal in his form.

ScottH
27th March 2007, 08:10 PM
Can't find a link, but Fevola has a knee problem.

Could require surgery,

goswannie14
27th March 2007, 08:48 PM
Can't find a link, but Fevola has a knee problem.

Could require surgery,I heard that on 9 news tonight.