PDA

View Full Version : Ted Richards

ROK Lobster
27th March 2007, 10:41 PM
What do you expect from him this year?

I'm going out on a limb to say that he will be in our top 5 goalkickers playing mainly from defence. Richards will be what we hoped Saddo might become. @007 is the year of the Ted.

Birdman
27th March 2007, 11:03 PM
He seems to be a bloke that plays off confidence. He couldnt never get a constant spot at the Dons, so he struggled. It took hima while to find his feet here, but once he did he looked decent. And I reckon after his G.F effort he has a lot of confidence to run off.

Will be very interesting to see how he is used. There really isn't enough room in the forward line. Maybe a back that can really offer some drive up the guts as well as be a good marking option for the second kick out of defence.

satchmopugdog
27th March 2007, 11:23 PM
[ Maybe a back that can really offer some drive up the guts as well as be a good marking option for the second kick out of defence.[/QUOTE]

I like the sound of that. I can remember Saddington being used a bit like that,as was Dunkley due to his good marking abilities.

liz
27th March 2007, 11:26 PM
What do you expect from him this year?

I'm going out on a limb to say that he will be in our top 5 goalkickers playing mainly from defence. Richards will be what we hoped Saddo might become. @007 is the year of the Ted.

Not sure about being in the top goal kickers - but I will join you in going out on a limb and predict a top 5 B&F finish for him this year.

satchmopugdog
27th March 2007, 11:28 PM
Liz and Lobster sitting in a tree.

K I S S I N G

Sorry the hsteria of surviving hockey training has got to me.

liz
27th March 2007, 11:31 PM
Liz and Lobster sitting in a tree.

K I S S I N G

:eek:

Sorry - am allergic to pink!

573v30
27th March 2007, 11:34 PM
He'll play his best footy to date, predominantly in the backline most likely CHF.

Chow-Chicker
27th March 2007, 11:41 PM
He probably feels like he "belongs" now, and will play accordingly. He may not be the most skilled, or the most talented, or the most intelligent footballer. But I sure love his attitude!

ScottH
28th March 2007, 07:27 AM
I expect him to continue on from his GF form. (before being knocked uncouncious, that is.)

Alibi Monday
28th March 2007, 07:41 AM
Not sure about being in the top goal kickers - but I will join you in going out on a limb and predict a top 5 B&F finish for him this year.

That's one heck of a long limb Liz. Never see you out that far before. Top 10 B&F would be an excellent achievement.

Industrial Fan
28th March 2007, 09:53 AM
:eek:

Sorry - am allergic to pink!Lucky! The bible denounces that anyhow.

giant
28th March 2007, 10:39 AM
He'll play his best footy to date, predominantly in the backline most likely CHF.

Hope he's worked on his fitness then.

His GF was super, what I've seen of his pre-season excellent - if he can settle into a spot (even if he's playing the occasional utility role) may well have an excellent year. Would be delighted if he did after bagging him mercilessly when he first arrived.

ugg
28th March 2007, 11:11 AM
It will depend on what his role is. A tall utility, perhaps taking on the 3rd best forward and pushing up to the wings is his best role. If he is called on to take CHB in the absence of LRT, I think he could struggle against the elite forwards of the AFL.

Jeffers1984
28th March 2007, 11:31 AM
Ted will be extremely important playing the CHB till LRT gets back so he NEEDS to be up there with the best.

originalswan
28th March 2007, 01:56 PM
Teddy now sees himself as a permanent member of the team and therefore I predict that he will step up a cog and perform more like he did in the Grand Final.

I think Teddy, Malceski & McVeigh will not only be well known to Swans fans but all footy fans by the end of this season.

reigning premier
28th March 2007, 03:05 PM
I just want him to play well enough to make Sheedy look like the goose he is....

Would love to see him have a blinder against Essendon... Like the game Davo smashed up Collingwood at Telstra Dome a few years back.....

Sahweeet.... :D

Sanecow
28th March 2007, 03:08 PM
While I'm hopeful, I have lower expectations than the rest of RWO! He copped some fair baggings last year and I'd be surprised if he makes it through the season without a good half dozen RWO whippings.

hammo
28th March 2007, 03:43 PM
While I'm hopeful, I have lower expectations than the rest of RWO! He copped some fair baggings last year and I'd be surprised if he makes it through the season without a good half dozen RWO whippings.
He'll alternate weeks with Leo Barry

goswannie14
28th March 2007, 03:54 PM
Particularly whilst LRT isn't in the team.:p

Plugger46
28th March 2007, 04:12 PM
Would love to see him have a blinder against Essendon... Like the game Davo smashed up Collingwood at Telstra Dome a few years back.....

Sahweeet.... :D

Davo didn't play a blinder, just kicked the clincher - that was sweet enough though ;)

swantastic
28th March 2007, 05:41 PM
Thread closed:D

See this thread for players to step up.....here (http:/http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19496)

Carolyn
28th March 2007, 06:16 PM
Thread closed:D

See this thread for players to step up.....here (http:/http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19496) Ted Richards deserves his own thread. :)

giant
28th March 2007, 06:25 PM
He'll alternate weeks with Leo Barry

Where does that leave Mathews?

Industrial Fan
28th March 2007, 06:37 PM
Where does that leave Mathews?244 Gardiners Rd, Rosebury. Urrh,urrhhh, urrrh!!!

Xie Shan
28th March 2007, 08:51 PM

I'm slightly more optimistic. I'm tipping no more than 3 RWO whippings for Ted this year. I'd actually like to see him up forward more when LRT gets back from injury, especially after his 5.0 at Nth Sydney.

TheHood
28th March 2007, 09:26 PM
I think Ted will be expected to run run run and walk fast...all day long.

I almost see Ted being ROK in reverse, put it this way, Ted will be the guy that spends most of his day defending but would be expected to be there on the rebound on the right wing (is Ted a dominant Right Foot?) to deliver into F50 and pinch his own goals when he can.