PDA

View Full Version : Chris Judd to Sydney!

Claret
26th April 2007, 09:54 AM
Now that I have your attention . . .

I'd be interested to know people's thoughts on what it would take, trade wise, to get Judd to Sydney next year.

I should stress that this is not a discussion as to whether or not we should make a play for him, or even if he'd be interested, but merely as to what we feel he would be worth.

Discuss.

NMWBloods
26th April 2007, 10:06 AM
Goodes.

Zlatorog
26th April 2007, 10:09 AM
Hm, talking about daydreaming. It must be really a low point in the season if people start dreaming about such thing. Don't understand me wrong, I would like to see Judd in R&W, but that IMO is even beyond any possibility. Not only Melbourne clubs would offer more money, also who would you replace him with from our current midfield and leadrship group?

hammo
26th April 2007, 10:17 AM
also who would you replace him with from our current midfield and leadrship group?
Are you serious? I'd let go Mathews, J.Bolton, Ablett, McVeigh all in a flash if we had the chance to secure Judd. Of course, it wouldn't happen.

Old Royboy
26th April 2007, 10:20 AM
Only way it could happen is if the Swan's season went absoutely down the drain and we ended up with the spoon. With the threat of the PSD over their heads WC would then be forced to negotiate. I think this is the only way Judd can get out of Perth to any club, without that bargaining chip the asking price would be too high. So if he does decide to jump, look for it to be to a struggling Melbourne club with a big financial backer. Daa da da da da.

Zlatorog
26th April 2007, 10:27 AM
100% agree.

Claret
26th April 2007, 10:28 AM
Hm, talking about daydreaming. It must be really a low point in the season if people start dreaming about such thing. Don't understand me wrong, I would like to see Judd in R&W, but that IMO is even beyond any possibility.

Did you even read the first post?

who would you replace him with from our current midfield and leadrship (sp) group?

As hammo said, are you serious?

Zlatorog
26th April 2007, 10:31 AM
Yes and yes.
And I still think it's not even worth dreaming about.

Claret
26th April 2007, 10:38 AM
And I still think it's not even worth dreaming about.

I never said I was dreaming about it and, realistically, I don't think anybody else is either. He won't be coming here.

It's just interesting to find out what people would give up (or think he's worth) to get him here.

Back to the topic at hand . . . . I agree with Bloods that it would take Goodes' name to even get the Eagles to the table. I think in addition to him, and in order to beat off the Melbourne clubs with high draft picks, it would mean the end of Malcelski in red and white.

The Eagles', like the Hawks last year, would love his run off half back. Particularly with Wirra not getting any younger he would be an ideal succession plan.

Like I've said though, a couple of times now, it won't happen.

Damien
26th April 2007, 11:21 AM
Nice thought! but Judd will be West Coast for life - or join one of the big Melbourne clubs.

I can only see going home as being a strong enough reason for him to leave the club he is a Premiership captain of.

elroy67
26th April 2007, 11:53 AM
It's just interesting to find out what people would give up (or think he's worth) to get him here.

Back to the topic at hand . . . . I agree with Bloods that it would take Goodes' name to even get the Eagles to the table. I think in addition to him, and in order to beat off the Melbourne clubs with high draft picks, it would mean the end of Malcelski in red and white.

This is more to the crux of the matter.

Many here would have a list of players they would be happy to see go in trade for Judd, I'm just not sure if it would match up well with the list of players that the toasters would be happy to accept.

Since Judd is out of contract at the end of the year, another strategy may well be to finish last. However given the form of some clubs that idea may have already been thought of.

humphrey bear
26th April 2007, 11:58 AM
If I was West Coast I would go to Fremantle and offer Judd as a direct swap for Pavlich who is also out of contract.

Even without Judd they would still have the best midfield in the League and if you plonked Pavlich at CHF in that team they would be very close to unbeatable.

They have played in 2 Grand Finals in a row withpout a decent forward. Put Pavlich in there and they will win 3 or 4 flags in the next 5 years.

NMWBloods
26th April 2007, 12:02 PM
Any club would be happy to take Goodes - he would fit into any side. You could nearly do a straight swap between Goodes and Judd. If there was any possible need for a sweetener, you'd offer them something else they need - a forward. Someone like Vogels or Grundy would do pretty well with the West Coast midfield delivering to them (even without Judd they'd still be one of the best midfields in the comp).

NMWBloods
26th April 2007, 12:02 PM
If I was West Coast I would go to Fremantle and offer Judd as a direct swap for Pavlich who is also out of contract.

Even without Judd they would still have the best midfield in the League and if you plonked Pavlich at CHF in that team they would be very close to unbeatable.

They have played in 2 Grand Finals in a row withpout a decent forward. Put Pavlich in there and they will win 3 or 4 flags in the next 5 years.
Yep - plus Pavlich minus Judd = better for WC.

ScottH
26th April 2007, 01:18 PM
Give them Crouch. They need a choir boy to sort them out.

I agree, with Judd for Pav. They would be unstoppable. Esp, if the get Cousins back in the team. Pav would make a huge difference to any team.

Legs Akimbo
26th April 2007, 01:31 PM
Plan A: The plan would go something like this. 8 guys wearing balaclavas , weilding shotguns. They drive a van to West Coast's training facilities. As the boys exit from the change room, they do a stick up. One guy would need to wack Judd over the head with a truncheon to ensure he doesn't run off (he's quick, in case you don't know). Bundle him into the back of the van whilst holding Daniel Chick and others at bay at gunpoint, then clamber into the back of the van. Would need to drive back across the nullabor avoiding police roadblocks. Once he's safely back in Sydney, he'd need to have hundreds of hours of deprogramming to block his memories and then he'd need to undergo craniofacial reconstruction so no one recognises him. Probably best to throw someone like Ben Mathews into Sydney harbour with some concrete boots on and instruct the plastic surgeon to make Judd look like Ben Mathews so that no one would be any the wiser (well, except maybe his wife and kids). Presto - Judd in the red and white!

Plan B: Tamper with the West Coast eagles Gatorate by dumping four kilograms of a concoction containing ice, ecky-k, coke, heroin, speed, dope, HGH, GBH, Red Bull, etc etc.. Of course, Judd's Gatorade would not be spiked. When the AFL does their drug testing, the whole West Coast club except for Judd will be debarred from future competition for rampant drug addiction (or at least sent to get some sun in California). Judd, being the principled man that he is, would want to get about as far away from the debarcle as possible, which is actually Brisbane. We may need to lace a few Gatorade's in Brissie too, which would of course leave the Swans as the only possible option to move away and make a fresh start away from the lime light.

liz
26th April 2007, 02:14 PM
Any club would be happy to take Goodes - he would fit into any side. You could nearly do a straight swap between Goodes and Judd. If there was any possible need for a sweetener, you'd offer them something else they need - a forward. Someone like Vogels or Grundy would do pretty well with the West Coast midfield delivering to them (even without Judd they'd still be one of the best midfields in the comp).

I don't think West Coast would entertain a straight swap of Judd for Goodes (or even one with Grundy or Vogels thrown in as a sweetener).

Judd's best is as good as Goodes' - maybe better because he wins more contested ball through traffic.

Judd certainly produces close to his best more consistently than Goodes, who has had three super years (including his RS year) and the rest has been a mixed bag. Judd probably doesn't work within the same tight "team rule" constraints that Goodes does but even so, he almost never has a mediocre game.

Judd is three or four years younger than Goodes - and those are the mid-twenties years when you'd expect him to be at his absolute best.

Goodes value to WC wouldn't be quite as high as to Sydney because they already have other players capable of playing that tall, gut-busting running role that Goodes does at his best (eg Embley - not quite as good as Goodes but not that far off).

And WC already has a large supply of mediocre / developing talls and I don't think Grundy or Vogels has yet shown anything to say they are - or could be - definitively better than the likes of Hansen (now a bit better than mediocre) or Staker.

If Judd decides to leave the Toasters, I think WC can expect to get a top 5 pick, another top 10 pick plus a promising young player at the very least (depending on the perceived strength of the draft). If the developing player were of the quality of a Malceski, you'd probably drop one of the draft picks from the equation.

If a club like Hawthorn tried to get in on a deal, I reckon WC would want Franklin plus another first round pick. From North Melbourne it would have to be Wells and another first round pick. (And both are obvious targets given they are originally from Western Australia, even though both seem settled in Melbourne.)

Triple B
26th April 2007, 02:19 PM
Plan A: The plan would ......

Plan B: Tamper with the .....

Won't work.

Plan A: The 8 balaclava henchman you'd hire to do the job would more than likely be either West Coast players or good mates of Cousins and Gardiner.

Plan B: They're all on that concoction now, what makes you think they'll all test positive all of a sudden??

NMWBloods
26th April 2007, 02:55 PM
I don't think West Coast would entertain a straight swap of Judd for Goodes (or even one with Grundy or Vogels thrown in as a sweetener).

Judd's best is as good as Goodes' - maybe better because he wins more contested ball through traffic.True - I suggested the Goodes swap as I think we would do better out of that, but WC would not fall for that.

Legs Akimbo
26th April 2007, 03:37 PM
Won't work.

Plan A: The 8 balaclava henchman you'd hire to do the job would more than likely be either West Coast players or good mates of Cousins and Gardiner.

Plan B: They're all on that concoction now, what makes you think they'll all test positive all of a sudden??

Foiled again...

How about simple pleading.

BBBBH
26th April 2007, 06:08 PM
uhh...yeah, like we could get judd.

hes way to good for our team.

Damien
26th April 2007, 06:23 PM
Be interesting to see who finishes bottom this year....

If it is the Demons and they can afford Juddy, that could be his ticket home and to the club he supported as a kid.

swantastic
26th April 2007, 06:32 PM
Be interesting to see who finishes bottom this year....

If it is the Demons and they can afford Juddy, that could be his ticket home and to the club he supported as a kid.Some melbourne supporters are already talking about tanking the season on BF,but we all know what comes out of BF some times.

Bas
26th April 2007, 08:14 PM
I can't believe this stupid thread is still in circulation.

graystar
26th April 2007, 08:25 PM
I think the better way is to sell Sydney as place to live to Judd. He always strikes me as a quiet person who doesn't overly like the hype in pro AFL states.

He could come to Sydney, have a great life on the beach, less media crap, would start afresh away from the west coast scandals, plus his style of play would suit the swans stoppage based footy.

angusb
26th April 2007, 08:26 PM
Now that I have your attention . . .

I'd be interested to know people's thoughts on what it would take, trade wise, to get Judd to Sydney next year.

I should stress that this is not a discussion as to whether or not we should make a play for him, or even if he'd be interested, but merely as to what we feel he would be worth.

Discuss.
wat would we trade for him?? Good bloody question. Realistically i think we would have to trade someone young and starting to find some really good form. maybe goodes or O'keefe or even both. Judd is worth anything and everything!!

What about Kerr everyone would you buy him OR COUSINS?? is it worth it?? and who would you trade for them??

cheers

Triple B
26th April 2007, 09:45 PM
If Judd made it absolutely clear to the WC that he wanted out and was prepared to put himself in the PS draft if necessary, thereby WC getting nothing for him, I reckon they'd do a straight swap for Goodes in a heartbeat.

BBBBH
26th April 2007, 10:01 PM
If Judd made it absolutely clear to the WC that he wanted out and was prepared to put himself in the PS draft if necessary, thereby WC getting nothing for him, I reckon they'd do a straight swap for Goodes in a heartbeat.

the way goodes has been playing lately...it would take a lot more for them to trade judd.

i doubt he's leaving anyway. he wouldnt goto sydney if he did, most likely a victorian side. the only reason he would leave is home sickness. why else? hes playing in the best team in the AFL.