PDA

View Full Version : Sydney vs Melbourne RWO Match Preview

liz
27th April 2007, 01:21 AM
Catch up with this week's RWO match preview here (http://redandwhiteonline.com/content.php?id=947_0_3_0_C).

Please feel free to point out my typos - and if anyone can provide me with the umpires for the game, I will update accordingly.:)

ScottH
27th April 2007, 07:44 AM
Catch up with this week's RWO match preview here (http://redandwhiteonline.com/content.php?id=947_0_3_0_C).

Please feel free to point out my typos - and if anyone can provide me with the umpires for the game, I will update accordingly.:)
Done.

Good one liz, Let's hope for dryish conditions!!!

Go Swannies
27th April 2007, 09:51 AM
Good preview Liz - both informative and entertaining.

My thoughts. In every game this year, we've been well and truly flooded and haven't responded well to it (think Cats 2005 Semi - so maybe it's St Nick's time again).

I always tip the Swans but recall a game against Port at AAMI (2004?) when we'd simply run out of players - and had no ruckmen at all. Port went easy on us and we only lost by about 50. That must be the way the Dees fans feel about this game - there's no hope, even for perpetual optimists.

If we were to lose this game it would be inexcusable. With luck it should be the percentage booster that, like the Tigers last year, puts us in the Grand Final. The wet may stop that. So I'm really nervous - this is a game that should set up our season; a loss would be catastrophic.

NMWBloods
27th April 2007, 10:30 AM
"In 2007 they have not looked like winning a game thus far, and are struggling with an injury list that few clubs could overcome. "

"[O]nly the weather and the Swans themselves seem capable of preventing a reasonably comfortable victory for the home team this time around."

Yep - good work Liz. You'd really have to say this is a game we should win comfortably according to every possible angle you can consider, except for the human element on the day. I'd probably be more worried if we'd been winning more of those games while playing badly, but I think our average record and performance so far should hopefully mean that the guys won't underestimate Melbourne (but you never know - how many times have you seen a game that seems a gimme just go horribly).

BBBBH
27th April 2007, 12:35 PM
good preview...bad preview title. everyone who plays melbourne "exorcises their demons", funny that.

573v30
27th April 2007, 01:15 PM
Great preview Liz, there's nothing wrong about exorcising demons. ;)

Margie
27th April 2007, 03:43 PM
Great report Liz. I agree with the "does anyone care?" comment for the umpires - it's been hit-and-miss so far this year. Rain is supposed to clear in the afternoon - let's hope it's early and the ground drains well.

Good to see Davis and C. Bolton named in the side!

Doctor
27th April 2007, 08:49 PM
Excellent preview!

swans song
27th April 2007, 10:20 PM
Real Game Preview
Never mind about who is on who this is the what will happen!!
We will go into this game playing our normal style and slowly get a goal here and there and allow Melbourne to stay in touch instead of trying, even for one quarter, a different game plan. If we just had a blast for a quarter and see whats happens. Make some changes excite the fans.
If you could bet on possessions in a game you would be confident that we will have at least 80 or more than Melbourne. Check the paper on Sunday!

swantastic
28th April 2007, 12:42 AM
The weather for tonight and saturday....
Forecast for Friday evening
Overcast. Light rain at times. Light winds.
Precis: Light rain at times.

Forecast for Saturday
Rain, clearing in the afternoon, with sunny periods developing. Light to moderate north to northeast winds tending west to northwest in the afternoon.
Precis: Rain, clearing in the afternoon.

City: Min: 15 Max: 21 Parramatta: Min: 12 Max: 21
Terrey Hills: Min: 14 Max: 20 Penrith: Min: 13 Max: 21
Liverpool: Min: 12 Max: 21 Richmond: Min: 11 Max: 21

Carolyn
28th April 2007, 11:57 AM
Great review, Liz! Keep 'em coming!

Damien
28th April 2007, 04:18 PM
Good one Liz.

Done.

Good one liz, Let's hope for dryish conditions!!!

Rain is continuing here in Sydney, so looking at the 17 point win!

swantastic
28th April 2007, 04:49 PM
Have a look at the rain fall here (http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR032.loop.shtml)
Weather update...
Issued at 11:25 am EST on Saturday 28 April 2007

Forecast for Saturday
Showers, clearing in the afternoon. Light to moderate west to northwest winds.
Precis: Showers, clearing in afternoon.

City: Max: 21 Parramatta: Max: 21
Terrey Hills: Max: 20 Penrith: Max: 21
Liverpool: Max: 21 Richmond: Max: 21

Chookbilly
28th April 2007, 07:46 PM
Amon out, Moore in