PDA

View Full Version : Goodsey...out of form? Yes. Big head? NO!

Matt79
30th April 2007, 07:58 PM
Whilst I will probably be hounded down into submission, I think a few of us may be making some pre emptive calls on Adam's mental state at the moment. "Big head", "Arrogant" etc. etc.

From what I have heard and indeed spoken of and to Adam over the years, he comes across as one of the most humble players running around. I find it extra hard to believe that it is his "big head" after winning the Brownlow that is causing his form loss :rolleyes:

Unfortunately yes, he is out of form and I have no doubt this has contributed to his frustration and one week suspension. This is not an excuse, however, IMO it is poor form and not a big head that has caused his drop off in play over the first 5 rounds of the 07 season.

punter257
30th April 2007, 08:29 PM
yeah i agree mate

all i hope is that he's firing at the end of the season and i reckon we're a few steps ahead of last year

dread and might
30th April 2007, 08:31 PM
Just needs to find the ball a bit. He's got a license to go where he pleases so he should be around more contests.

Lucky Knickers
30th April 2007, 08:40 PM
Agree Matt - I don't get the whole Primadonna tag/big head tag. So he moans at the umps - he's not the only one in the league. He was clearly in bad shape Sat but had to stay on and was able to tap on to Schneids which lead to a goal, he ran with Godfrey and forced an error, knocked it out to force a stoppage. Puzzled me why he wasn't benched instead of Baz who stole Ablett's ice for a bit of a bruise (joke).

ROK Lobster
30th April 2007, 08:45 PM
Agreed. As I said in the "Roos takes credit for Goodes' Brownlow", Goodes is lost atm and not sure of his role. Let him off the leash for 3 weeks, let him be completely unaccountable. Let the other coaches worry about when he is going to re-take the game by the balls.

NMWBloods
30th April 2007, 08:46 PM
I don't understand why he was on either. We had Kennelly and Ablett off, but that still leaves two more, and one if Hall came off (and surely Hall was in better shape than Goodes).

When someone like Goodes is out of form, the other players need to work harder for him. You see that in other sides - they make sure he runs past to get some easy handball receives and they set blocks for him to free him up more.

ScottH
30th April 2007, 08:55 PM
Agreed. As I said in the "Roos takes credit for Goodes' Brownlow", Goodes is lost atm and not sure of his role. Let him off the leash for 3 weeks, let him be completely unaccountable. Let the other coaches worry about when he is going to re-take the game by the balls.

I think he has been off the leash for the last too weeks. "Agro Goodes"

DST
30th April 2007, 10:34 PM
I don't understand why he was on either. We had Kennelly and Ablett off, but that still leaves two more, and one if Hall came off (and surely Hall was in better shape than Goodes).

One would assume that Roos still wanted a spot on the bench to rotate the midfield late in the third and early fourth quarter.

Don't foget midfield players these days are trained for short bursts not extended slogs so any more significant work could have had a detrimental effect on the teams structure for the last quarter and maybe into this weeks game against the Kanga's.

I also got the feeling that Roos had a look who was injured and decided that Goodes was not going to do any more damage than he had already and decided that he could not risk having both Goodes & Hall missing next week week if Hall did go down in the last 20 minutes.

Roos therefore choose to mothball Hall and see how Goodes was going to pull up.

DST
:D

Matt79
2nd May 2007, 07:16 PM
I think this interesting fact about Goodsey's squeaky clean record on the footy field (until now) should help reinforce the fact that he is struggling with form and not a big head...

But while Goodes's previously unsullied record at the tribunal has been blemished - he had never been reported before in senior or junior football

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/goodes-free-to-play-but-therell-be-no-brownlow/2007/05/01/1177788143677.html

reigning premier
3rd May 2007, 10:44 AM
One would assume that Roos still wanted a spot on the bench to rotate the midfield late in the third and early fourth quarter.

Don't foget midfield players these days are trained for short bursts not extended slogs so any more significant work could have had a detrimental effect on the teams structure for the last quarter and maybe into this weeks game against the Kanga's.

I also got the feeling that Roos had a look who was injured and decided that Goodes was not going to do any more damage than he had already and decided that he could not risk having both Goodes & Hall missing next week week if Hall did go down in the last 20 minutes.

Roos therefore choose to mothball Hall and see how Goodes was going to pull up.

DST
:D

Think Roos left him on just to see if he could get a decent stat....

Excepting a beautiful kcik for goal from and even more attractive hand off from BBBBH, he'd been out of the action and almost totally ineffective all night....