PDA

View Full Version : Aker will re-sign with lions

SXP
2nd August 2003, 09:05 AM
For all those who hoped that Aker might join the Swans next year here's the news that he won't (see the article below). I've got a strange feelling that he was using Swans only as a barganing tool and had probably no intention to come to Sydney anyway.
Here's the article:
http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,6850561%255E23211,00.html

liz
2nd August 2003, 01:24 PM
Good - none of the comments in that article, especially those about him being paid what he is worth, cause me to be disappointed that we won't be seeing him in the R&W next year.

Sid
3rd August 2003, 11:36 AM
Well, i have to say im a little more disappointed than happy. He has regained his form lately and would have been a good midfielder. Hes a big talker but performs well on the field. No one can say that he is a bad player and i think sydney would have benefitted from him.

penga
3rd August 2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Sid
Well, i have to say im a little more disappointed than happy. He has regained his form lately and would have been a good midfielder. Hes a big talker but performs well on the field. No one can say that he is a bad player and i think sydney would have benefitted from him.

i disagree, it wouldve cost us way too much at the trading table and salary wise as well...