PDA

View Full Version : This means..

Diego
3rd August 2003, 05:00 PM
..the scum of the black&white sit above us.

:frown :mad:

Dave
3rd August 2003, 05:03 PM
Now that does suck.

Charlie
3rd August 2003, 05:09 PM
And in the next four weeks they play Brisbane, Adelaide, us at Stade Oz and Essendon. They won't be in the top three for long, trust me. In fact - I reckon we'll put them well and truly behind us in round 21.

Dave
3rd August 2003, 05:10 PM
Now that doesn't suck.

Diego
3rd August 2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Charlie
And in the next four weeks they play Brisbane, Adelaide, us at Stade Oz and Essendon. They won't be in the top three for long, trust me. In fact - I reckon we'll put them well and truly behind us in round 21.

i think we can really show Collingwood up in Round 21. We should knock em off and make them drop hopefully back down to 6th or even out of the 8.

dawson
3rd August 2003, 05:14 PM
Same with Adelaide - they have Showdown, Eagles in Perth, North and Pies.

Talking Footy will be interesting tomorrow night - Let's see Caro praise us through clenched teeth as Bruce will wax lyrical and rub his thighs in glee.

desredandwhite
3rd August 2003, 05:19 PM
Collingwood have had a very soft run, but we'll see what they're made of. if they can win 2/4 of their last games, then fair enough.

I reckon to take and keep a top 4 spot, we'll have to win at least 3 games from here. I reckon we can do it. Hell, even all four is not out of the question. It's not a given, but I think we're good enough to do it.

Diego
3rd August 2003, 05:19 PM
Heres the script for Talking Footy

Bruce: Sydney Vs Adelaide. Gee what a game

Camera cut to Tim:

Tim: I think it was one of the games of the year. It really did show how potent Sydney are and how badly we have under estimate the showns. You had that sense they had adelaide beaten..

Camera cut to Caro:

Caro screws her face up as if she is letting go the remains of last nights curry..

Caro: I think it was pointed out during the week that richard Colless had an issue with balh blah (insert a sniping remark about footy politics here) blah blah

Camera Cut to Bruce
Bruce: We did see two top teams, Gee it was special..Sydney are a threat.

liz
3rd August 2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by desredandwhite

I reckon to take and keep a top 4 spot, we'll have to win at least 3 games from here. I reckon we can do it. Hell, even all four is not out of the question. It's not a given, but I think we're good enough to do it.

The big question mark for me has been whether they've believed they can win games like today's, and against the Lions in Brisbane. They clearly did believe they could win today and that's put my mind to rest somewhat. They will still need to play magnificently to push the Lions but they can do it, no question.

Bron
3rd August 2003, 05:35 PM
I think that they will take this as a reminder of how much the don't like to lose and how good it is to win and power through the rest of the season. It will also show them that they can win .... there were quite a few lapses and fumbles, and still they were there right until the siren.

Bas
3rd August 2003, 05:42 PM
Did very well to only lose by 4 points in Adelaide.

The crows were pumped and Sydney should be proud. I believe that they will take alot of positive things out of todays game.

I wish Davis had been taking that final kick instead of Adam but we didn't lose the game because of that kick.

BIg big thank you to the Sainters. Who would have guessed.

ugg
3rd August 2003, 05:46 PM
Top 8 looks like:

Port
Adelaide
Collingwood
Sydney
West Coast
Brisbane
Freo
Essendon

anniswan
4th August 2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Diego
Heres the script for Talking Footy

Bruce: Sydney Vs Adelaide. Gee what a game

Camera cut to Tim:

Tim: I think it was one of the games of the year. It really did show how potent Sydney are and how badly we have under estimate the showns. You had that sense they had adelaide beaten..

Camera cut to Caro:

Caro screws her face up as if she is letting go the remains of last nights curry..

Caro: I think it was pointed out during the week that richard Colless had an issue with balh blah (insert a sniping remark about footy politics here) blah blah

Camera Cut to Bruce
Bruce: We did see two top teams, Gee it was special..Sydney are a threat.

Well she actually gave us a complement, but you were nearly spot on

AS

Diego
5th August 2003, 01:20 AM
oooo rrrrr I almost chocked. Did she call us...brilliant?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

TheHood
5th August 2003, 08:47 AM
Come on fill us in Diego, give us the actual dialoge.

What did Medusa have to say?

Charlie
5th August 2003, 10:05 AM
You could almost hear her choking on it as she said it.

But Bruce said she had to be nice! It wasn't fair. She should be allowed to ignore Sydney. After all, they're not Richmond! Why should Caro have to talk about any team that isn't Richmond! Daddy never said that she'd have to complement other teams when he brought her a journalism career!

scurrilous
5th August 2003, 03:03 PM
Man I hope she reads this site. :D This stuff is classic :)