PDA

View Full Version : The Giesh admits what we already know - Baz is not being fairly treated

liz
4th June 2007, 02:38 AM
This article will soothe those of us who thought maybe we were imagining things. Although the quoted admission refers to the Saints game - and as Roos comments, nothing seems to have changed, this does seem to indicate we're not all going mad.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21843710-5012432,00.html

DeadlyAkkuret
4th June 2007, 03:49 AM
Look at the two images in this article and tell me we weren't robbed.

Hall cops a raw deal (http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21844062-5006065,00.html)

You can even see the umpire in the background!!!!

swantastic
4th June 2007, 06:46 AM
Gieschen was forced to admit that several umpires were "counselled and coached" after failing to give the Swans' spearhead obvious free kicks.

Maybe some further re-education is required
Well it hasnt effin sunk in to their thick heads, and how can you teach a deaf,blind mute any thing?:(

ScottH
4th June 2007, 07:49 AM
Well it hasnt effin sunk in to their thick heads, and how can you teach a deaf,blind mute any thing?:(baseball bat.

Legs Akimbo
4th June 2007, 08:08 AM
There is nothing in this article that soothes me. I am staggered that the head of umpiring admits to umpire bias against a specific player and then doesn't do anything about it. Makes a mockery of the AFL.

Gieschen = turd.

Glenn
4th June 2007, 08:30 AM
So he has finally admitted what we have known for a few seasons. :eek:
Great to get the acknowledgment, now what is going to be done about. :rolleyes:

anne
4th June 2007, 08:48 AM
Nothing!

Glenn
4th June 2007, 09:37 AM
Anne, can't help feel your on the money.
More hot air coming from the Oxygen thief Gieschen.

BLT
4th June 2007, 10:24 AM
Look at the two images in this article and tell me we weren't robbed.

Hall cops a raw deal (http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21844062-5006065,00.html)

You can even see the umpire in the background!!!!

i love the quote in this article about the umpire missing Fletcher's attempted decapitation of Magic!

annew
4th June 2007, 10:33 AM
And I wish all those idiots out there would realise it is because of this biased umpiring that the fans booed on Saturday night and not because Llyod was making his speech. The umpiring is ridiculous and I agree you can't teach these egotistical idiots anything when they have it in for certain players and have a list of others provided to them by the AFL to protect. What a joke!! I just hope that last Saturday's game fires the Swans up the same way Andy D's comments did in 2005. I will be in Melbourne to cheer them on.

royboy42
4th June 2007, 10:50 AM
Spot on annew! When an SCG crowd boos the umpires for three quarters and then from the final siren until they are home in bed, and lazy journos assume it is directed at Essendon,Lloyd and Hird, it leaves me wondering if anything thye write is worth looking at!

goswannie14
4th June 2007, 10:55 AM
Spot on annew! When an SCG crowd boos the umpires for three quarters and then from the final siren until they are home in bed, and lazy journos assume it is directed at Essendon,Lloyd and Hird, it leaves me wondering if anything thye write is worth looking at!
Anyone with half a brain could tell that was the case, but then we are talking about journos, and most of them wouldn't have half a brain between them.:rolleyes:

satchmopugdog
4th June 2007, 11:46 AM
Anyone with half a brain could tell that was the case, but then we are talking about journos, and most of them wouldn't have half a brain between them.:rolleyes:

My eldest is a part-time canteen lady at the Herald Sun and said they aren't as interesting as she hoped they would be. I thought that was a nice polite way to put it.

WASwansFanatic
4th June 2007, 11:54 AM
FFS 3 points from those photos:

1) What was the boundary umpire doing. He would have had a clear view that BOTH Adam McPhee's feet were out of bounds.
2) Adam McPhee is a cheat.
3) This rule is made for people like Mal Michael. He has milked two free kicks in two weeks by simply backing into people. If someone is coming back onto you your natural reaction is to push them away. Once again, this rule is a disgrace.

undy
4th June 2007, 12:04 PM

But one who does have a bit of a brain and who copped the booing (Adam Spencer) was pretty clear about why he was being booed during the presentation - it coincided with the flight of the umpires.

NMWBloods
4th June 2007, 12:12 PM
2) Adam McPhee is a cheat. This is really a bit silly!

WASwansFanatic
4th June 2007, 12:16 PM
This is really a bit silly!

Perhaps but he still is an absolute tosser (if the rumours are correct!)

Jeffers1984
4th June 2007, 12:18 PM
This is really a bit silly!

Yeah. There is no bloody way Mcphee would of conceeded that he was out of bounds. Doubt any other player in the league would.

liz
4th June 2007, 12:21 PM
Yeah. There is no bloody way Mcphee would of conceeded that he was out of bounds. Doubt any other player in the league would.

McPhee would almost certainly not even realised he was out since he'd have been concentrating on what he was doing.

NMWBloods
4th June 2007, 12:21 PM
Perhaps but he still is an absolute tosser (if the rumours are correct!)
Yes, he does look like a tosser, but not a cheat.

j s
4th June 2007, 12:25 PM
"McPhee is hiding the ball in front of him and so the boundary umpire is told, as with all umpires, if you can't see something clearly, you don't guess. So he doesn't blow the whistle and they keep playing," Keane said. "Judging on what he can see, no (it is not a mistake). Judging on the video evidence, yes it is."

What a load of b******t! When McPhee's boot was making contact with the ball it would have been clearly visible and the position relative to the boundary line would have also been apparent because McPhee's right foot was on the ground outside the line meaning that his left had to be even further outside.

I've no idea who Patrick Keane is but he obviously has not actually watched that moment from the game - just spouting propaganda from the AFL.

Eala ?ireann
4th June 2007, 12:26 PM
I'm only getting my voice back today after screaming my head off all night at the SCG. That was lamentable!

Swans were poor at the start and killed the game themselves most likely, but the umps...give me strength!!!

I said to my missus (who unfortunately is a Bombers supporter) after the game, that I can't help feeling that if big Baz wasn't shy in taking a dive, we would be hard to beat!

Now that's a shocking indictment of the way the game is being refereed if true. Players are being penalised for being competitive.

I have no idea how Baz keeps his composure. I'd have clocked someone (probably in yellow!).

Diabolical!

goswannie14
4th June 2007, 12:31 PM
Yes, he does look like a tosser, but not a cheat.You can tell if he's a cheat just by looking at him?:eek:

NMWBloods
4th June 2007, 12:32 PM
You can tell if he's a cheat just by looking at him?:eek:
No - you can't tell if he's a cheat by just looking!

NMWBloods
4th June 2007, 12:33 PM
"[A]s with all umpires, if you can't see something clearly, you don't guess"

What crap - umpires guess all the time, particularly in marking contests when they're out of position.

Does anyone else think that the AFL is resembling the Iraqi Propaganda Minister's office more and more every week!

Industrial Fan
4th June 2007, 12:41 PM
You can tell if he's a cheat just by looking at him?:eek:He was in red and black.

Guilty as charged (or uncharged as it were).

WASwansFanatic
4th June 2007, 12:41 PM
Hang on a second. Is it not the bloody umpires job to be in the best position to make a decision.

Now for a boundary umpire surely this can not be that bloody hard. If there were exceptional circumstances, like he fell over or a player came crashing over the boundary line and took him out, then I could understand.

But that was just an ordinary bit of play and it was not like it was a line ball decision. BOTH bloody feet were out.

FFS the AFL is killing this game.

Whats the bet the boundary umpire will be umpiring again this week

goswannie14
4th June 2007, 12:43 PM
"[A]s with all umpires, if you can't see something clearly, you don't guess"

What crap - umpires guess all the time, particularly in marking contests when they're out of position.

Does anyone else think that the AFL is resembling the Iraqi Propaganda Minister's office more and more every week!
ROFLMAO:D :D :D

"There are no umpiring mstakes in any game of AFL on any weekend anywhere."

robamiee
4th June 2007, 12:54 PM
You know what gets me, is that a couple of weeks ago "The Geish" comes out and say we protect players who go in and get the ball....fine i dont have a problem with that, except when Swans do it..Malceski gets ball and just as he grabs it 2 bombers are all over him, no way in hell can he get the ball out..."whistle blows" holding the ball.
Amon Buchannan 3 weeks ago the oppostion basically molests him and almost takes his head off..holding the ball.

The Umpiring against the swans this year has been a joke, the only 2 games where i thought the umpiring was even and consistant was the last 2 weeks and we dominated.
It seems the swaqns are being umpired out of a premiership..(provided they play like they did against the power and dogs.)
if i was the swans board i would say to Roos and the rest of the players say what you want boys and we will pay the fines this week.

Doctor
4th June 2007, 01:08 PM
The thing is that we can say "the Swans should have won anyway" but if you give Hall those two goals, and take the last Bomber goal away, and the one from the soft free to Mark Bolton, it gives us a 4 goal win. None of those were from anything we did wrong or from anything against the rules, even with the new interpretations. Not sure I am convinced about this argument myself mind you, but it's something to mull over I guess

Swans4ever1971
4th June 2007, 01:48 PM
AFL umpires' boss Jeff Gieschen has told the Sydney Swans that he knows Barry Hall is getting stiffed by the whistle-blowers just because he's, well . . . Barry Hall.

Gieschen's stunning admission to the Swans' coaching staff came two weeks ago and it left coach Paul Roos scratching his head as to why nothing is being done about it.

"In two years time we will probably have a game that resembles Gaelic football.

Article here (http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21844062-5006065,00.html)

I think something needs to be done... one rule for them and another for us ?

BBBBH
4th June 2007, 01:52 PM
i dont think its the fact that umpires are biased in their free kick paying...hall is just unlucky to not get some frees he deserved.

nothing new, maggots are people too, who make mistakes.

goswannie14
4th June 2007, 01:55 PM
i dont think its the fact that umpires are biased in their free kick paying...hall is just unlucky to not get some frees he deserved.
Evidently that's not what Geischen said to Roos.

DeadlyAkkuret
4th June 2007, 02:39 PM
You know what gets me, is that a couple of weeks ago "The Geish" comes out and say we protect players who go in and get the ball....fine i dont have a problem with that, except when Swans do it..Malceski gets ball and just as he grabs it 2 bombers are all over him, no way in hell can he get the ball out..."whistle blows" holding the ball.
Amon Buchannan 3 weeks ago the oppostion basically molests him and almost takes his head off..holding the ball.

The Umpiring against the swans this year has been a joke, the only 2 games where i thought the umpiring was even and consistant was the last 2 weeks and we dominated.
It seems the swaqns are being umpired out of a premiership..(provided they play like they did against the power and dogs.)
if i was the swans board i would say to Roos and the rest of the players say what you want boys and we will pay the fines this week.

Did anyone else see the tackle by Hird, i'm not sure who he tackled, but he fell into his back, and it was also around the shoulders. So, do we get the free kick for a push in the back? No, Hird does, for such a perfect tackle.

:rolleyes:

timr
4th June 2007, 03:37 PM
i love the quote in this article about the umpire missing Fletcher's attempted decapitation of Magic!

In the print edition they show a third photo of Fletcher's arm making very solid contact with Magic's face, the one referred to in the text.

Triple B
4th June 2007, 03:38 PM
Did anyone else see the tackle by Hird, i'm not sure who he tackled, but he fell into his back, and it was also around the shoulders. So, do we get the free kick for a push in the back? No, Hird does, for such a perfect tackle.

:rolleyes:

Luke Ablett. Clear push in the back.

sydneyswans1989
4th June 2007, 04:07 PM
I bet he still won't be looked after. FFS his become the leading player for frees against this season so no one can say his being fairly treated.

I reckon Llyod is the leader for frees for, that @@@@ing diver! :mad:

Triple B
4th June 2007, 04:13 PM
I bet he still won't be looked after. FFS his become the leading player for frees against this season so no one can say his being fairly treated.

Trouble is, it won't get better for him while he keeps on openly showing disgust at the umpires decision. They are normal humans and are going to think, whether subconciously or not, '@@@@ you buddy, if you're gonna carry on like that you won't be getting the next one either'.

As for Lisa-Maries husband, I hate him as much as the next non-bomber fan, but in truth I don't believe he got any favours the other night, nor Lucas.

ernie koala
4th June 2007, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=robamiee;311703] a couple of weeks ago "The Geish" comes out and say we protect players who go in and get the ball....fine i dont have a problem with that, QUOTE]

I have a real problem with it. Surely the umpires should treat every contest on it's merrits ! Not go into games with preconceived ideas on who they will protect(eg Hird) and who they won't (eg BBBBH):confused: :mad:

goswannie14
4th June 2007, 04:31 PM

Tough man Lloyd had 3 frees paid against him on Saturday...all against Amon Buchanan, 2 for high contact. He can't even pick on someone his own size.

ScottH
4th June 2007, 08:13 PM
Luke Ablett. Clear push in the back.Rubbish. If it had of been the umps would've paid it. :rolleyes:

ScottH
4th June 2007, 08:14 PM
Tough man Lloyd had 3 frees paid against him on Saturday...all against Amon Buchanan, 2 for high contact. He can't even pick on someone his own size.
They were very Bevan like tackles.

Wardy
5th June 2007, 08:39 AM
The thing is the AFL, Geishagirl and the other rule makers are not going to back down. To admit they are wrong would,for them, be a huge blow to the ego - and lets face its Ego-a-go-go at AFL central (even though we would like to hope that the twits running the show would have a bit of common sense, sadly that is lacking at this time). They will maintain til the very end that what they did was right and good for the game - even if they lose a large fan base - they will not admit they were wrong. They couldnt cope with more egg on their faces seeing as they copped the full dozen in 2005 when big Andy made all the noises about the Swans and how they wouldnt win - then and as Rex Hunt said "Demetriou had a huge omelette on his face".

However, should enough pressure be applied by the fans, clubs etc - then maybe something might give. In the past rules changes have come in with little effect - but this one is the mother of all rule stuff ups and Barry hall is being treated with contempt by the umps. I reckon even if he just jumped up in the air with his arms by his side - apart from looking stupid, he would more than likely get a free paid against him. So its time for Baz to get in front and fall backwards.

AnnieH
5th June 2007, 03:15 PM
roosey should just go ahead and complain and cop the fine.
i'm sure if the board doesn't cough up the dollars, the fans wouldn't mind pitching in a gold coin at the end of the next home game. i certainly wouldn't.
"management" have to say something ... what are theo andrew and his cronies gunna do ... chuck sydney out of the competition, I think not. the worst that can happen is that we'll cop a fine.