PDA

View Full Version : Barry Hall goes back to boxing

big jack
7th June 2007, 04:52 PM
Hi guys, Big Barry can aim up. I saw him sparring at Johnny Lewis's gym once. Can really fight

SYDNEY Swans Aussie rules champion Barry Hall could follow Anthony Mundine into professional boxing. He is being encouraged to don the gloves again by world light-heavyweight contender and West Coast Aussie rules footy fan Danny Green.
http://www.sportsnut.com.au/category.php?intid=7

AnnieH
7th June 2007, 04:57 PM
danny green's an idiot.
bbbh said eons ago that once he's finished with footy he might go into professional boxing.

Frog
7th June 2007, 05:02 PM
Hi guys, Big Barry can aim up. I saw him sparring at Johnny Lewis's gym once. Can really fight

From the article: He said he does boxing training in the Swans gym, but never spars.

danny green's an idiot.
bbbh said eons ago that once he's finished with footy he might go into professional boxing.

From the article: ?I might consider it in three or four years after my football career finishes,? he said.

hammo
7th June 2007, 05:05 PM
RWO should start charging people who blatently post to promote their own websites :rolleyes:

Ruda Wakening
7th June 2007, 05:07 PM
Might aswell box. He can't wrestle.

AnnieH
7th June 2007, 05:08 PM
From the article: “I might consider it in three or four years after my football career finishes,” he said.

frog ... that's what i thought i said didn't i???:confused:

doesn't take away from the fact that danny green's still an idiot. bbbh would ko him before breakfast!!:D

Ruda Wakening
7th June 2007, 05:11 PM
danny green's an idiot.

He is being encouraged to don the gloves again by world light-heavyweight contender and West Coast Aussie rules footy fan Danny Green.

Which part of 'encouraged' did you struggle with?

Frog
7th June 2007, 05:14 PM
Yes, and that was not why I posted it - You said eons, I thought 3 or 4 years from now (!!) was more significant.

AnnieH
7th June 2007, 05:17 PM
Yes, and that was not why I posted it - You said eons, I thought 3 or 4 years from now (!!) was more significant.

ohhhhhhhhhh:D

you misunderstood my post.

i'm saying that's not the first time that bbbh's said that he'll go to boxing once he finished with footy. he's mentioned it before, maybe not eons ago, but at least two years ago. i recall some media dribble just before the 2005 granny.

ROK Lobster
7th June 2007, 05:36 PM

doesn't take away from the fact that danny green's still an idiot. bbbh would ko him before breakfast!!:DHe's expresses an opinion which I believe he is entitled to do.

AnnieH
7th June 2007, 05:58 PM
He's expresses an opinion which I believe he is entitled to do.

as you just did.
don't you just love living in a free country.

Industrial Fan
7th June 2007, 06:05 PM
He's expresses an opinion which I believe he is entitled to do.Problem is he's doesnt expresses it very well.

ROK Lobster
7th June 2007, 06:37 PM
Problem is he's doesnt expresses it very well.:o Who was the genius who put "s" next to "d"?

Ruda Wakening
7th June 2007, 06:45 PM
RWO should start charging people who blatently post to promote their own websites :rolleyes:

Hehe. Jack's gone from big to huge. (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336007)

ScottH
7th June 2007, 08:54 PM

SYDNEY Swans Aussie rules champion Barry Hall could follow Anthony Mundine into professional boxing. He is being encouraged to don the gloves again by world light-heavyweight contender and West Coast Aussie rules footy fan Danny Green.
Contact RWO for Advertising Rates.

big jack
12th June 2007, 01:47 AM
AUSTRALIA?S leading boxing manager has told Sydney Swan Barry Hall that he will make $10million if he takes up professional fighting.

This gets bigger and bigger. Don't be surprised if Barry takes up boxing sooner than later.

DeadlyAkkuret
12th June 2007, 03:18 AM
Then we can make a play for J Brown:D

hammo
12th June 2007, 10:45 AM
yawn

reigning premier
12th June 2007, 10:50 AM
No doubt he will box eventually, but that will be after his AFL career in about 3 years time.

Though the way he's getting treated ATM, that may not be that far away!

ScottH
12th June 2007, 10:59 AM
He will only do it if Geischen, and some of his clowns step in the ring with him.

I think a few of us would like to see that.

big jack
24th June 2007, 01:32 AM
Barry has been offered a fight in the off-season for $100,000 against Hoppa. I think Barry would win.

Barry Hall offered Hopoate fight

A Tasmanian boxing promoter is willing to shell out $100,000 for Aussie Rules football star Barry Hall to fight rugby league bad boy John Hopoate (pictured) in Hobart next summer.

cruiser
24th June 2007, 01:54 AM
Can they offer it to him now? I think a break from footy might do him good.

sWAns63
24th June 2007, 01:58 AM
From what we saw tonight that's where his future probably is though I wouldn't have a bet on him through the TAB

sWAns63
24th June 2007, 02:01 AM
Is she a tough opponent

goswannie14
24th June 2007, 08:39 AM
He won't do it unless it is worth it financially for him, $100,000.00 is peanuts in boxing terms.

satchmopugdog
24th June 2007, 09:38 AM
Is she a tough opponent

I'd fight him the way I feel at the moment....but I fight dirty. I'd better start going to the Ulverstone boxing clubrooms to get ready.

big jack
27th June 2007, 03:12 AM

Apparedntly the promoter is meeting with Barry this week to outline the fights he wants him to take.
He's got Hoppa first and this big monster second

Heavyweight Pat Kennedy looms as the second opponent for the professional boxing career of Sydney Swan Barry Hall.

AnnieH
27th June 2007, 11:12 AM
hasn't big bad bustling blind barry signed a $2m contract with us?
i'm pretty sure he won't be taking up boxing whilst he's signed to the swans - no matter how much money he's offered.

reigning premier
27th June 2007, 02:45 PM
Throw a football into the ring.... He'll be completley lost...

Q...
26th July 2009, 11:55 PM
Watched Superboxer last night on 10. Heavy weight title fight between Hopoate and some old fella from the central coast (no I don't know my boxing names).

Pair of fat has-beens. I can see why people talk about Barry having a place in boxing.

Given he was a boxer, they do boxing training for footy and he's not a fat has-been, I'd put all my money on Barry if his first fight was for the Australian title.

If Hoppa's the best thug that league could produce...

Primmy
27th July 2009, 08:50 AM
I put my money on BB being a lot more inteligent than people give him credit for. He will work things out in his own time and space. And he will do what HE wants to do, not what everyone else seems to think he will be doing.