PDA

View Full Version : Trivia Warmup Protest

floppinab
7th February 2003, 03:11 PM
Ahem.....

I wish to register a complaint to the Trivia Master

Question 4.

4. Where in Australia is "The Dish"?

The location of the CSIRO RadioTelescope is in fact about 25km north of Parkes on the Parkes to Dubbo Road.
I would impress on the TriviaMaster the accuracy required on this question that 25km outside of a particularly town does not qualify as belonging to the town itself. :D

TheMase
7th February 2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by floppinab
Ahem.....

Question 4.

The location of the CSIRO RadioTelescope is in fact about 25km north of Parkes on the Parkes to Dubbo Road.
I would impress on the TriviaMaster the accuracy required on this question that 25km outside of a particularly town does not qualify as belonging to the town itself. :D

25kms?

Is it that far? I drove to play footy out there last year, and I didnt think it was that far.

Perhaps I was wrong ..

snajik
7th February 2003, 04:22 PM
My complaint would be that I was on a bus when it was posted by Gemma making a high level of participation a little awkward.

My suggestion would be that the answers be emailed to Gemma's RWO email address within 24 hours of being posted. Once marked, Gemma could let us know how we all fared. That way both the early birds and the night owls can become involved.

A good range of questions however. Keep them coming.

j s
7th February 2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by floppinab
Ahem.....

Question 4.

It's also in the middle of a sheep field!

floppinab
7th February 2003, 04:51 PM
It's also in the middle of a sheep field!

Very very true,

Therefore the answer should have been.

In the middle of a sheep field, 25km north of Parkes on the Dubbo to Parkes road.

There.... I feel better now

snajik
7th February 2003, 04:53 PM
Further, isn't Madonna's full name Madonna Ciccone?

vagary
7th February 2003, 05:42 PM
i don't think madonna was ever her real name anyway.

j s
7th February 2003, 06:31 PM
Gem,

If you think we're being picky now just wait till the night when you start asking the REAL questions!!

swansrock4eva
7th February 2003, 06:54 PM
Hey they were the questions the other people gave to me! if you have issues take it up with young charlie, mr anderson and councillor potter who all submitted the questions to me!

If people would rather go with the email idea, we'll use last night's as a practice round and i will post some more tonight (probably late-ish though), which you will have until 6pm sunday to answer, and email me at my rwo address (gemma@rwo). I essentially want to get a feel for the questions and people's responses to the questions (both the answer and complaints) so this is as good a way as any, seeing as there is only a small number of people who can actually see the real questions cos i want most of you particiapting on the night! All feedback is good! :D except death threats but i haven't had any yet and would like to keep my record clean!

robbieando
7th February 2003, 09:51 PM
Haven't you people ever heard of "judge's desicion is final"

Really getting picky over a few mute points. If you don't like fly down to Melbourne and try and agrue the point with me. God help anyone who doubts my Swans history questions:D

Charlie
7th February 2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by robbieando
Haven't you people ever heard of "judge's desicion is final"

Really getting picky over a few mute points. If you don't like fly down to Melbourne and try and agrue the point with me. God help anyone who doubts my Swans history questions:D

Care to send 'em to me Rob, see what I can answer???

motorace_182
8th February 2003, 05:03 PM
Heres a thought, who cares about 25km. It is known to be in Parkes, so it is Parkes.
How many Crows are there living in the Australian Wild????