PDA

View Full Version : Swans Supporters?

WASwansFanatic
24th June 2007, 12:40 PM
So we are struggling at the moment. And everyone has vented their spleen. Can we just drop it now and support the team? I am sure all the players are more than aware that what they are delivering on the field is @@@@.

Have confidence.......we will respond.

ROK Lobster
24th June 2007, 12:42 PM
No more discussion people. No more opinions. Just love for the hacks in the red and white. We love you guys, we know you can do it.

JF_Bay22_SCG
24th June 2007, 12:43 PM
So we are struggling at the moment. And everyone has vented their spleen. Can we just drop it now and support the team? I am sure all the players are more than aware that what they are delivering on the field is @@@@.

Will we now? :rolleyes:

And how will this suddenly come about? Because it just has during the last 2 seasons? :rolleyes:

JF

WASwansFanatic
24th June 2007, 12:45 PM
No more discussion people. No more opinions. Just love for the hacks in the red and white. We love you guys, we know you can do it.

Mate they are not hacks. Perhaps at this point in time they are playing like crap. But are you forgetting they have taken the mighty Swans to a premiership and a GF in the last two seasons.

You aren't a supporter......

WASwansFanatic
24th June 2007, 12:48 PM
Will we now? :rolleyes:

And how will this suddenly come about? Because it just has during the last 2 seasons? :rolleyes:

JF

Yes we will.......

We will possibly lose next week. Although in a far better performance.

We will then smash Fremantle at home (with me there watching on WOOHOO!)

Smash Carlton

Put up a great fight against WCE......

Smash Richmond

Smash Melbourne

Smash the Saints

Then beat Brissie, Collingwood and Hawthorn.

Our season is far but over!!

NMWBloods
24th June 2007, 01:43 PM
Truly one of the more stupid threads in recent times...

goswannie14
24th June 2007, 01:48 PM
Plenty of them started since last night's match.

swansrule100
24th June 2007, 01:49 PM
Yes we will.......

We will possibly lose next week. Although in a far better performance.

We will then smash Fremantle at home (with me there watching on WOOHOO!)

Smash Carlton

Put up a great fight against WCE......

Smash Richmond

Smash Melbourne

Smash the Saints

Then beat Brissie, Collingwood and Hawthorn.

Our season is far but over!!

might not be enough.
On current form barring exceptional improvement and drops in the performances on other sides, i cant see us winning much more than freo, carlton, richmond, probably melbourne?

WASwansFanatic
24th June 2007, 02:20 PM

Well to be honest I am absolutely @@@@@@@** sick of reading crap like Drop this bloke, get rid of him. He is a vegetable. Its bloody disgusting.

As for supporting. I was at Telstra the first game of the year....and I swear we are worst than Eagles supporters. We dont clap or cheer till we score a bloody goal.

We all sound like a pack of spoilt brats.

ROK Lobster
24th June 2007, 02:31 PM
Well to be honest I am absolutely @@@@@@@** sick of reading crap like Drop this bloke, get rid of him. He is a vegetable. Its bloody disgusting.

As for supporting. I was at Telstra the first game of the year....and I swear we are worst than Eagles supporters. We dont clap or cheer till we score a bloody goal.

We all sound like a pack of spoilt brats.
Well to be honest I am absolutely @@@@@@@*** sick of being presented with the crap the side dished up last night. Its bloody disgusting.

As for opining. I was at Telstra the first game of the year....and I swear we played just as poorly then. The only thing worst than the performance is the literacy level of RWO.

They play like they pick the team themselves and only the cool gang get a guernsey.

WASwansFanatic
24th June 2007, 02:40 PM
Well to be honest I am absolutely @@@@@@@*** sick of being presented with the crap the side dished up last night. Its bloody disgusting.

As for opining. I was at Telstra the first game of the year....and I swear we played just as poorly then. The only thing worst than the performance is the literacy level of RWO.

They play like they pick the team themselves and only the cool gang get a guernsey.

Excuse my ignorance....but what is opining?

ROK Lobster
24th June 2007, 02:56 PM
Excuse my ignorance....but what is opining?There is no excuse for ignornance, and no excuse for not opening a dictionary. Let's just say for now that "opining", partcularly on RWO, means not being a real supporter.

AussieAnge
24th June 2007, 02:57 PM

It means to give an opinion:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/opine

WASwansFanatic
24th June 2007, 03:06 PM
There is no excuse for ignornance, and no excuse for not opening a dictionary. Let's just say for now that "opining", partcularly on RWO, means not being a real supporter.

By all means give an opinion. But for some people, eg you, it is always a negative one.

Do you ever say anything positive? Or is always negative sarcastic CRAP?

TheMase
24th June 2007, 03:06 PM

To hold/say/express an opinion.

TheMase
24th June 2007, 03:08 PM
By all means give an opinion. But for some people, eg you, it is always a negative one.

Honestly, I don't post a whole lot. But I can't take many positives from last nights performance. Schmidt is the only positive in the whole lot, and the serial offenders from the past let us down again.

ROK Lobster
24th June 2007, 03:17 PM

Generally I consider it to be fairly balanced, though like most I tend to have more to say when things are going poorly, hence positive opinions on how to improve the team are generally negative of what is going on - just as your opinion that we should all blindly support the team regardless of how lacklustre or incompetent the performance is a negative observation of the behaviour of the majority of RWO.

If all RWO was, was a place to list messages of support to players and adminstration that refuse to acknowledge that they view the site, it would be a pretty dull place. RWO is an online conversation bewteen people who share one thing in common. It is a plcae for people to throw around their ideas, about what they consider to be going right or wrong, and what they would like to see done to correct and improve it. If you do not like that then I am not sure what is to be done. In the middle of a season like this, most emphasis will be on what is wrong and what (in each individual's opinion) needs to be done.

Maybe, rather than starting negative threads like this one you could get a bit positive and start a thread about what was encouraging in last night's game and what you consider would be the best thing the players and football staff could do to build on that? Or is it easier just to mouth off at others who can express an opinion without having to engage in any sort of dialogue with them?

WASwansFanatic
24th June 2007, 03:23 PM
Generally I consider it to be fairly balanced, though like most I tend to have more to say when things are going poorly, hence positive opinions on how to improve the team are generally negative of what is going on - just as your opinion that we should all blindly support the team regardless of how lacklustre or incompetent the performance is a negative observation of the behaviour of the majority of RWO.

If all RWO was, was a place to list messages of support to players and adminstration that refuse to acknowledge that they view the site, it would be a pretty dull place. RWO is an online conversation bewteen people who share one thing in common. It is a plcae for people to throw around their ideas, about what they consider to be going right or wrong, and what they would like to see done to correct and improve it. If you do not like that then I am not sure what is to be done. In the middle of a season like this, most emphasis will be on what is wrong and what (in each individual's opinion) needs to be done.

Maybe, rather than starting negative threads like this one you could get a bit positive and start a thread about what was encouraging in last night's game and what you consider would be the best thing the players and football staff could do to build on that? Or is it easier just to mouth off at others who can express an opinion without having to engage in any sort of dialogue with them?

Is this not dialogue? I believe it is.

I do however take your point re: RWO being a place to state opinions. Just seems to me that whenever we lose all of a sudden the place becomes a hive of over the top negativity.

Damien
24th June 2007, 03:32 PM
I think your best bet would be to simply not go to a supporters forum the day after a horrible loss that even our normally positive loving coach described as his worst yet and expect positive reactions.

All well and good to want to be positive but I don't think hours after a horrific loss, starting a "shut up and be positive" thread was the smartest thing to do.

Legs Akimbo
24th June 2007, 03:33 PM
Is this not dialogue? I believe it is.

I do however take your point re: RWO being a place to state opinions. Just seems to me that whenever we lose all of a sudden the place becomes a hive of over the top negativity.

Aside from general criticism, which is fair enough when you lose, I think you will find there a few key issues which people reasonably wish to discuss at the minute.

1. Why do senior players with extended poor form not get dropped
2. Why do our players persist in playing dumb footy
3. Why does Paul Roos not have a plan B on game day

These are reasonable things to discuss. Aside from these issues, people who post negative comments when we lost tend to post positive comments when we win. Or are you too busy reading the negative posts to notice?

NMWBloods
24th June 2007, 03:42 PM
Well to be honest I am absolutely @@@@@@@** sick of reading crapWhat do you suggest the forum is for if not for people to pass opinion on the team, players and game.

Of course the ratio of negative comments to positive comments will be higher in general (people often use the forum to vent their frustration) but more so when the team is playing poorly.

How are we meant to "support the team" - does making observations on poor play mean we are not supporters any more?

Swansinger
24th June 2007, 05:01 PM

Good point : I take it you will be coming to Kardinia Skilled Ford Park Stadium for Geelong game next week ?
OK , Perth is a bit far - but I will be there next Saturday and cheering my guts out for my boys.

WASwansFanatic
24th June 2007, 05:16 PM
Unfortunately I wont be...I will however be there the following week at the SCG.

Hope the mighty Swannies win and you have a great time giving it to the Cats supporters!

satchmopugdog
24th June 2007, 07:44 PM
Just seems to me that whenever we lose all of a sudden the place becomes a hive of over the top negativity.

I know that it does seem like this after a loss....but I find it better to vent my spleen here to the faceless masses and that lets me be a nicer person to my family. I am able to just shrug and say "Oh Well" and they think I have taken it well. Little do they know the angst I have poured out here.

I AM VERY, VERY FRUSTRATED,ANGRY,PEEVED and want the whole team dropped and the whole coaching staff sacked and Colless to go. Even Kenny can get lost. There that's better...ah

AussieAnge
24th June 2007, 10:13 PM
Mate they are not hacks. Perhaps at this point in time they are playing like crap. But are you forgetting they have taken the mighty Swans to a premiership and a GF in the last two seasons.

You aren't a supporter......

IMHO they played like hacks last night. 3 scoring shots up to half time.
I don't see a problem with people criticising the team's performance and don't believe that it makes them any less a supporter. Have you never had cause to comment on a friend's/family member's/colleague's/classmate's behaviour? It is possible to still care for a person and still be critical of their behaviour and comment accordingly.

WASwansFanatic
24th June 2007, 10:32 PM
Perhaps I need to clarify what I said.... I dont mind people venting their spleen and being annoyed etc... I just find it ridiculous when all of a sudden people want to drop this person, get rid of that, sack Roos etc etc

barry
24th June 2007, 10:40 PM

64,222 people still have confidence, or they would'nt have turned up to freeze their nuts off watching rubish on the field.

Might be the biggest crowd we get for a while.

matthew smith
24th June 2007, 10:44 PM
i can't believe what i have been reading, have faith in the team, stick with them, it is very hard to stay at the top forever due to the draft and the salary cap, it has a effect on a lot of clubs, from now it's time to give the young kids a chance to perform at senior level. your thoughts.

NMWBloods
24th June 2007, 10:53 PM
Did anyone say they were no longer supporting the team?

573v30
25th June 2007, 12:24 AM
Perhaps I need to clarify what I said.... I dont mind people venting their spleen and being annoyed etc... I just find it ridiculous when all of a sudden people want to drop this person, get rid of that, sack Roos etc etc There are plenty of threads/posts after every round and it's the same culprits mentioned e.g. Jude Bolton. Last night's game showed why they should be dropped to find some form.

Venting the spleen is one of the best things to do after watching a @@@@house performance.

Bazman
25th June 2007, 01:53 AM
Well im ready for Pussy stadium next week, just got back after a 14hr train trip home with a lot of soul searching along the way. But now im ready BRING IT ON.