PDA

View Full Version : Aboriginal Allstar Game on Fox Footy!

Troy G
7th February 2003, 05:56 PM
The match between the ATSIC Chairman's All-stars and Carlton, to be played at Marrara Oval in Darwin on Saturday February 8, will now receive a live national broadcast on pay television, via the Fox Footy Channel.

Fox Footy was today given permission to broadcast the match thanks to the generous agreement of ABC Television, which is producing the game for free-to-air television within the Northern Territory.

ATSIC, which provided crucial support enabling the national broadcast to go ahead, and the AFL were both delighted the game was able to be taken to fans in southern Australia.

The match, the first for Carlton under new coach Denis Pagan, commences at 7.40pm local time (9.10pm AEDT).

The AFL website, afl.com.au, will broadcast a free live audio call of the match, provided by the National Indigenous Radio Service, supported by the efforts of Telstra and the AFL, as a free service to all visitors to the website.

Reminder: Koori Radio in Sydney 93.7FM will have the game from 8.30pm.

robbieando
7th February 2003, 09:46 PM
Yahooooooooooooooooooooo

:D :D

This is great news. I wanted to see this match for 3 reasons.

1) To see how **** Carlton will be this season
2) To see how Goodes plays
3) To watch some entertaining footy

SWANSBEST
8th February 2003, 10:36 PM
At half time the All Stars lead by 10 goals. Carlton while bigger look slow and clumsy compared to the All Stars. Adam Goodes is playing a sold game in the ruck. I think Pagan would be very disappointed with his new charges.

Norris Lurker
8th February 2003, 10:50 PM
Only a week into February and Carlscum are being flogged already:D :D :D

It's only a meaningless exhibition game, but I love it.:D

Destructive
8th February 2003, 11:05 PM
I think Carlton are in for a season of misery even worse than last year.

Charlie
8th February 2003, 11:13 PM
Goodes.... solid but far from outstanding.

Charlie

SWANSBEST
8th February 2003, 11:52 PM
Full Time ALL STARS BY ABOUT 12 GOALS. Same story as first half, All STARS JUST TOO QUICK .

liz
9th February 2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Charlie

Charlie

Still very early in the season so don't necessarily expect (or want) players to be at their best. I was only listening to the radio broadcast, but from that it seemed that he was able to ruck for a large portion of the match and seemingly at least broke even in an area where the All-Stars were expected to struggle. Goode signs!

Dpw
9th February 2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by lizz
Still very early in the season so don't necessarily expect (or want) players to be at their best. I was only listening to the radio broadcast, but from that it seemed that he was able to ruck for a large portion of the match and seemingly at least broke even in an area where the All-Stars were expected to struggle. Goode signs!

I saw it lizz, and Goodes was very good not great but good bearing in mind he had to lead the ruck but ran well and his set shots on goal were far better.

Please also note ten man interchange bench with very frequent interchanges so players were taken off and rested when usually they would not this would ad to players appearing to disappear for awhile.

Cheer Cheer
9th February 2003, 11:21 AM
Goodes was 4th or 5th in the best players list so I'm satisfied with that - which basically means cause of the thumping they gave carlton that he would have been in the top 5 players on the ground - I dont think you could ask for too much more than that.
Well done adam.

jude_boltons_babe
9th February 2003, 12:49 PM
i think adam played great

TheMase
9th February 2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by jude_adams_babe

Quality stuff that.

TheHood
9th February 2003, 06:15 PM

Considering it was bloody hot and Goodesy was giving away several cms in height, therefore a more taxing leap (especially when you pile on 14 goals to 2 by half-time - teehee) is required, Goodesy did a pretty good job.

The ALL STARS were fast and the run in their legs was amazing. I know Carlton are a bunch of drunks, but The Lions would not have beaten them.

Diego
10th February 2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by jude_adams_babe

So did I..funny that eh!

floppinab
12th February 2003, 09:36 AM
I think in part because of the ABC coverage the 7.30 report did a behind the scenes story of the game a night or two back.
Did anyone see it??

They had fantastic access to the All Stars team pre and post match and I spose the emotion and passion has been well written about in the papers already but McLeod's on the ground pre-match rev up was simply amazing (even including the high level of bleeps required to keep Aunty's usual viewers from the phone!)

Looking at this there was *no way* these guys were going to lose.