PDA

View Full Version : Magpies' heritiage guernsey

Dave
11th August 2003, 02:52 PM
Why didn't they just wear their normal jumpers?

You could barely pick the difference. What a waste of time.

Mind you, I thought Port looked very fetching!;)

Eddie must have been spewing!

penga
11th August 2003, 03:15 PM
i really liked the fitzroy jumper

Diego
11th August 2003, 03:24 PM
heheh it was weird watching Freo. Very weird.

I loved the one the lions used.

GoBloods
11th August 2003, 03:25 PM
who cares what collingwood's jerseys looklike. they are scum.

hammo
11th August 2003, 07:58 PM
It made all of Eddie's pre-match controversy about adidas making up the wrong Collingwood jumper rather pointless. So they had an extra stripe, big deal. They still lost.
Although I hate port as well Eddie must have been a little uneasy seeing the black and white running around in Adelaide.
I sincerley hope for footy's sake Collingwood is forced to develop an away jumper for future clashes with Port - Collingwood doesn't have a mortgage on the colours.

GoBloods
12th August 2003, 01:32 PM
yeah hammo, i agree. collingwood don't have a mortgage on the colours. the fact that fremantle played in a very similar jumper to ours on the heritage weekend didn't bother as me as it was a once off. as soon as afl makes all teams wear a home and away jumper the better. collingwoods carry-on about port adelaide is childish and boring.

penga
12th August 2003, 05:46 PM
speaking of childish and boring, did u hear the crowd boo every time mal michael got the ball :rolleyes:

hammo
12th August 2003, 05:51 PM
Yeah you'd think they'd be over it by now, wouldn't you? Most of those fans had no front teeth so I don't think Mal would've taken much notice.

Joel
21st August 2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by penga
speaking of childish and boring, did u hear the crowd boo every time mal michael got the ball :rolleyes:

I wonder why? Actually, I know, he left Collingwood for more money.

j s
21st August 2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Joel
Or maybe to play Finals footy!! And win Premierships!! I'd say he made a good choice (as did Nick)

Ruda Wakening
21st August 2003, 11:33 PM

And Nick left for less, so big deal ...

Looks to me it doesn't matter why they left Collingwood, its just the fact that they did . Anyone could be forgiven for thinking it was a cult, not a football club .

Passion is one thing, stupidity and ignorance , are entirely different .

After Round 6, Ryan Lonie was the only person man enough, to shake hands with the " mummy's boy " . To me, that just confirmed any little doubts I might have had about what imbeciles most of the C'Wood faithful, and their players, really are .

Mick Malthouse is quick to spew out a few well known quotes when it suits him, so maybe next time he and fellow ' family man ' Eddie should keep this one in mind, before making judgements about a homesick kid ...

" Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible -- the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family. "

Joel
22nd August 2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by j s
Or maybe to play Finals footy!! And win Premierships!! I'd say he made a good choice (as did Nick)

No, he stated at the time that Collingwood didn't offer enough. At the time, he was an up and comer, but not worth $400,000 a year.

Dave
22nd August 2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by j s

Wasn't that why Buckley left the Lions? :p

Ruda Wakening
22nd August 2003, 02:11 PM
No. Mullets were more popular at C'Wood .

Joel
22nd August 2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Dave
Wasn't that why Buckley left the Lions? :p

How uninformed you are.

Buckley NEVER wanted to play for the Lions. Bux went there because the Lions (Bears) were allowed to grab him under an AFL rule which allowed Brisbane exclusive access to about 10-15 players from QLD and NT (Buckley was originally from NT before going into the SANFL).

Brisbane knew that Buckley didn't really want to stay at Brisbane, so they gave him the option when he got there, which was, if you want to stay, then so be it, but we will trade you if you don't want to.

Buckley didn't leave Brisbane, just to play finals, he left because he wanted to play for Collingwood in the first place. If you don't believe me, watch the DVD/VHS, 'Bucks'. Buckley says that Collingwood and North were interested in him before the Bears, and he let known that he wanted to play for Collingwood.

Brisbane took the risk in recruiting him.

Ruda Wakening
22nd August 2003, 02:23 PM

Brisbane knew that Buckley didn't really want to stay at Brisbane, so they gave him the option when he got there, which was, if you want to stay, then so be it, but we will trade you if you don't want to

Geez, that sounds familar . It must be ok for players to leave other clubs to go to C'Wood, just not the other way around ...

Joel
22nd August 2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Ruda Wakening
Geez, that sounds familar . It must be ok for players to leave other clubs to go to C'Wood, just not the other way around ...

The problem Collingwood supporters had was the way he kept changing his mind and that sort of thing. Nick said he wanted to stay at the club, then he changed his mind, then he said he wanted to go again. Then, after all that, Nick said that he would have stayed at Collingwood if we'd won the Grand Final. Going about it that way was sure to upset the club, players ans supporters.

There is always two sides to the story, don't think that Nick went about everything the right way, just like the club didn't either.

Look, I like Nick, I don't want to get into anothet Nick argument. The difference is, Brisbane knew exactly where they stood with Buckley, Collingwood did not, with Nick.

Ruda Wakening
22nd August 2003, 03:31 PM
Then, after all that, Nick said that he would have stayed at Collingwood if we'd won the Grand Final.

There is always two sides to the story, don't think that Nick went about everything the right way, just like the club didn't either.

Look, I like Nick, I don't want to get into anothet Nick argument. The difference is, Brisbane knew exactly where they stood with Buckley, Collingwood did not, with Nick.

Nick was a confused, homesick kid. He didn't know WHAT he was thinking himself half the time . Eddie and co, were grown men with THEIR families close by ...

He got pissed off that Eddie was trying to bully him in public, to sign a fairly long term contract . Hardly the way to go about resigning an already disgruntled guy . Then he played injured against Carlton, and had his club loyalty publicly questioned, just because he'd had an ordinary game . Once again, a great way to resign him, and keep him a happy little vegemite at C'Wood . But anyway, it seems Nicks a smart mouthed ungrateful little sod, because he stood up for himself ... Such is life .

As for Nick saying he would have stayed had they won the grand final . That could have been a spur of the moment statement , like " we only want good people at this club " ;)

But I guess at the end of the day, Nick is just like Bucks, he's playing where he ALWAYS wanted to be, too .

I'm not going to argue over it with you either, they're my recollections on what happened ...whatever .

There was a story somewhere this morning on Pebbles Rocca, where he mentioned it too . Sorry i can't remember where ...

Joel
22nd August 2003, 03:37 PM
www.realfooty.com.au

I've read it.