PDA

View Full Version : Trivia Warm Up, Round One, Revised!

swansrock4eva
8th February 2003, 12:10 AM
ok here we go again! this time, email me answers at [email protected] before 6pm Sunday and I will post a cumulative score on Monday.

ROUND ONE!
1. Who did the Swans beat in their first match in Sydney after the 1982 move north?

2. Who won the 2001 Academy Award for Best Actress?

3. What nation shares a name with a US state?

4. Who was Australia's first Prime Minister?

5. True or false: Young drivers in New South Wales must now pass 5 different tests on the path to becoming fully licensed?

swansrock4eva
9th February 2003, 09:31 PM
Ok well done to Liz who actually bothered to send me some answers! She gets 3.5 for this week!

Answers
1. Who did the Swans beat in their first match in Sydney after the 1982 move north?
Melbourne

2. Who won the 2001 Academy Award for Best Actress?
Halle Berry - people will argue this one, but the award is actually awarded the year AFTER, so Berry was awarded the 2001 award in 2002, whilst Julia Roberts won the 2000 award for her role in Erin Brockovich in 2001.

3. What nation shares a name with a US state?
Georgia

4. Who was Australia's first Prime Minister?
Edmund Barton

5. True or false: Young drivers in New South Wales must now pass 5 different tests on the path to becoming fully licensed?
False - they must pass 4 - the knowledge, driving, hazard perception and combined knowledge and hazard perception tests. But i did give Liz half a point for thinking outside the square a bit and suggesting the identity and residency tests to get your learner's in the first place!

Mike_B
10th February 2003, 03:08 AM
Hey, no fair, I didn't even get to see the questions till after you posted answers!!!!!!!

swansrock4eva
10th February 2003, 11:53 AM
you'll hafta be a bit quicker next time mike! Questions will go up thursday night and everyone will have until sunday night to submit answers to me.

10th February 2003, 05:13 PM
Yeah no fair. I was away fighting fires. But I got them all right :D. Except I would have spelt Edmund as Edmond. So I guess I would have lost anyway :( :frown

nb. heh that's funny. frown and sad faces are the same :mad:

oops, sorry for posting in a thread that is kinda in the inappropriate forum

swansrock4eva
10th February 2003, 05:29 PM
MJ - trivia warmup is a RWO thing because of the trivia night - therefore it goes in RWO chat!

And we've still got quite a few weeks before trivia night so there's plenty of time to catch up!

Ajn
13th February 2003, 08:26 PM
Just give the prize to Liz!

swansrock4eva
14th February 2003, 12:43 AM
no fun in that though! i wanna see what you people know before the night!

14th February 2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by swansrock4eva
MJ - trivia warmup is a RWO thing because of the trivia night - therefore it goes in RWO chat!

Oh sorry. my bad. I thought this forum was for "Footy talk Only". As stated in the forum's main boards. Sorry:frown

sheesh, who am I to talk about relevant posting lately :D

and to keep it on topic... grats liz on the win