PDA

View Full Version : Sydney V Brisbane...Hooper out

Matt79
13th August 2007, 10:01 PM
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22237990%255E20322,00.html

Ryan Hooper has been given a 2 match suspension.

Claret
13th August 2007, 10:06 PM
Brisbane will announce tomorrow whether they will contest the charge or not.

You'd have to say that it didn't look great on tv for Rhan or the Lions.

giant
13th August 2007, 10:17 PM
Exciting small player who's been playing some great footy - kinda shame that he's out.

573v30
13th August 2007, 10:35 PM
With him most likely out for at least a week and McGrath with a broken arm, they don't have a good crumbing forward and if the likes of Brown and Brennan are shut down, it'll be a flogging.

connolly
13th August 2007, 10:38 PM
Interesting that Brown wasn't called to account for provoking a melee at half time. No doubt the style police were as pleased as punch with his reviving the Dermott Breraton run through the opposition huddle tatic. All part of their nostalgic return to the days of mullets, melees and big roosts up the guts.

voodooguru
13th August 2007, 10:47 PM
Exciting small player who's been playing some great footy - kinda shame that he's out.

Probably got suspended on purpose. Knew he'd be up against P. Bevan, WPIF.

;)

cruiser
13th August 2007, 10:52 PM
I heard that they were gonna have a look at Jonathan Brown's half time behaviour. Any news about that?

NMWBloods
13th August 2007, 11:39 PM
Anything about Brown will make no difference to the game this week.

liz
14th August 2007, 12:30 AM
Hooper's a pretty big loss for the Lions. He's added some lightning pace through the middle, has been chipping in for a few goals here and there but, most importantly, has been applying huge defensive pressure for the Lions in the forward line. He, Travis Varcoe down at the Cattery and Alwyn Davey at the Bombers have taken a huge leaf out of the book of Alwyn's big brother - or at least, the fit and in form version of a couple of years ago - and have become mini-tackling machines.

Sanecow
14th August 2007, 12:25 PM
Being contested, no big surprise at this stage of the year.

Claret
14th August 2007, 03:04 PM
And nothing has come of the half-time 'melee'.

TheHood
14th August 2007, 03:46 PM
Did anyone see the Hooper hit? Does he look like a goner?

giant
14th August 2007, 07:05 PM
Interesting that Brown wasn't called to account for provoking a melee at half time. No doubt the style police were as pleased as punch with his reviving the Dermott Breraton run through the opposition huddle tatic. All part of their nostalgic return to the days of mullets, melees and big roosts up the guts.

Didn't the Fev get at least cited for something similar earlier in the year?

Claret
14th August 2007, 07:29 PM
Did anyone see the Hooper hit? Does he look like a goner?

It was only partly captured on tv - that will probably be their defence.

The fact remains that you CAN see Hooper taking a BIG swing with his elbow and then Ladson being helped from the ground with a face that was bleeding profusely moments later.

However, with all the legal banter that takes place at the judiciary these days anything can happen.

Claret
14th August 2007, 07:34 PM
Didn't the Fev get at least cited for something similar earlier in the year?

Between them, the Blues and Pies had to fork out $32,100 for the quarter-time melee. Fev was hit with $3300 for doing something very similar to Brown.

Go Swannies
14th August 2007, 07:49 PM
BigFooty is now saying that the tribunal has given him three weeks on his appeal.

TheHood
14th August 2007, 08:07 PM
It was only partly captured on tv - that will probably be their defence.

The fact remains that you CAN see Hooper taking a BIG swing with his elbow and then Ladson being helped from the ground with a face that was bleeding profusely moments later.

However, with all the legal banter that takes place at the judiciary these days anything can happen.

Well Hoops is gone for the 3 weeks they threatened him with.

Claret
14th August 2007, 08:28 PM
Who will Bevo matchup on now?

ScottH
14th August 2007, 08:40 PM
Who will Bevo matchup on now?The empty space in front of JB.

Claret
14th August 2007, 08:41 PM
The empty space in front of JB.

Now there is a place I'd rather not be seen.

573v30
14th August 2007, 09:27 PM
Well Hoops is gone for the 3 weeks they threatened him with. They must've contested the charge and upgraded it, very unfortunate for the Lions and he might've played his last game for the season.

ScottH
14th August 2007, 09:37 PM
They must've contested the charge and upgraded it, very unfortunate for the Lions and he might've played his last game for the season.
They knew the risk before they contested.

He can accept a two-match ban, or contest the charge at the tribunal tomorrow and risk a three-match sanction

source (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22236790-2722,00.html)

DST
14th August 2007, 09:53 PM
The empty space in front of JB.

Never has there been a better calling in life for Bevan.

I seriously feel for him already as you know he is going to stand in that hole and take whatever comes and relish it.

DST
:D

boroboy
16th August 2007, 07:29 PM
Apologies if this isn't the right place to post this - but I have 2 Catagory 1 tickets for Saturday night...was going but now can't. They're Gate 4, Section 43, Row UU - cost $54 + booking fee each through Ticketek but happy to take $35 each. They're Ticketek ezytickets so I can simply email them to you if you'd likme them...pls PM me if interested and I can send you all details.

ScottH
16th August 2007, 09:57 PM
no Change to team.

BRISBANE v SYDNEY
Saturday, 7.15pm AEST, Gabba

BRISBANE LIONS
B:Joel Macdonald, Daniel Merrett, Jason Roe
HB: Jed Adcock, Joel Patfull, Colm Begley
C: Tim Notting, Nigel Lappin, Cheynee Stiller
HF: Wayde Mills, Jonathan Brown, Robert Copeland
F: Troy Selwood, Matthew Leuenberger, Jared Brennan
FOLL: Jamie Charman, Simon Black, Luke Power