PDA

View Full Version : CONFIRMED: Tadhg out/Barlow to debut

doctor swan
17th August 2007, 09:48 AM
listening to sen , not the most reliable source of info but they know more than me, just heard big billy say that tadgh injured himself at training last night and is out and maybe wont be playing again for rest of yr.
although a unconfirmed rumour its a huge loss if its true, so hoping someone in the know could put a end to this and put all of us at ease.
anyone know........
rumours rumours

17th August 2007, 09:54 AM
Ah crap.

nat
17th August 2007, 11:05 AM
I hate that station. Half the time it's rubbish what the say, the other half it's not so you never know how to feel.

AnnieH
17th August 2007, 11:15 AM
I've got Swantastic texting me in a panic. I'm looking up all sorts of places. There's no news anywhere.
Seriously, I reckon something that important would make the mainstream news bulletin in Sydney. So far it hasn't.
Typical swannies.

cruiser
17th August 2007, 11:17 AM
I bloody hope not. There's nothing on the Swans site or anywhere else that I've looked. Given that Sydney announced an unchanged side last night, it sounds doubtful.

Glenn
17th August 2007, 11:23 AM
Nothing posted on Big Footy either, hopefully just getting the wires crossed with Leo Barry or LRT.

swans song
17th August 2007, 11:24 AM
heard same rumour apparently on the money!

ugg
17th August 2007, 11:57 AM
The fact that LRT is the travelling emergency adds credence to this rumour.

swans song
17th August 2007, 12:00 PM
is Cheese travelling perhaps debut?

shaun..
17th August 2007, 12:11 PM
is Cheese travelling perhaps debut?
It has been confirmed on the swans' website (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/7106/Default.aspx?newsId=49269). And yep, Cheese to debut

reigning premier
17th August 2007, 12:16 PM
@@@@ @@@@ @@@@.....

Jeffers1984
17th August 2007, 12:17 PM
arrgh bloody crap. Hope he is not out for the year.

Good luck to Cheese, but surely Laidlaw/Dempster would the logical replacement?

BurgandiLove
17th August 2007, 12:20 PM
Yep out for the year and i think we should just rule him and get him right for next year. I would hate to think 3 knee injuries in one season has cut short or even stuffed up one of the afls best players.

Oh well there goes 2007. The pivitonians will win the flag this years anyway.

shaun..
17th August 2007, 12:23 PM
arrgh bloody crap. Hope he is not out for the year.

Good luck to Cheese, but surely Laidlaw/Dempster would the logical replacement?
Laidlaw is on the injury list "hamstring - test"
Dempster :confused:
But yep, good luck Cheese

nat
17th August 2007, 12:27 PM
Ah crap!

AnnieH
17th August 2007, 12:32 PM
Ah crap!

ditto

floppinab
17th August 2007, 12:46 PM
You would think LRT would play, v. little point in taking him up as an emergency when he needs time on the paddock.
I have a sneeky feeling we won't see Hall either. Pushing @@@@ up hill now with this game.

annew
17th August 2007, 12:47 PM
damn, damn, damn. Not looking good for finals:- Barry Hall - proppy at best, Leo Barry injured, Tadhg Kenelly injured. Looks like our good run with injury is over. Must have been luck after all.

annew
17th August 2007, 12:49 PM
How good is Ed Barlow? What sort of role does he play?

hammo
17th August 2007, 01:19 PM
I'm not sure if the pessimism is justified. Kennelly's been fairly quiet by his usual standards in the past month and nowhere can I see that he's been ruled out for the year (yet).

A good chance for a youngster to step up and make a name for himself. Other options to fill the role could be Goodes or Davis.

If we're relying on a half back flanker - admittedly a very good one - to win a flag, then we're in trouble anyway.

Jeffers1984
17th August 2007, 01:54 PM
Geez i know its asking for alot but can Nick Malceski please rise to elite status with a month of finals coming up?

ugg
17th August 2007, 01:55 PM
We've really utilised the rookie list well in the past 3 years. Good luck to the Cheese.

I also think LRT being ferried up there will see him come in for Hall.

hudsta
17th August 2007, 02:20 PM
Damm.......we will really miss him. LRT to come in

So how valuable is the number 17?

Does he really make a big difference?

Thoughts????

ScottH
17th August 2007, 02:28 PM
Damm.......we will really miss him. LRT to come in

So how valuable is the number 17?

Does he really make a big difference?

Thoughts????
Yep, he's the first barrel out of defence, and Malceski is the 2nd.
A big loss, we have only won one game with him out (Bulldogs) and he has missed 6 games so far.

Old Royboy
17th August 2007, 02:37 PM
Grundy and Vogels have both been tried, neither have had much impact. Laidlaw is unavailable. Dempster has not done that much since he was dropped, and on what we have seen does not merit a recall. For once, rather than pick on reputation, this callup has been done on form - Cheese is the next best performed player and deserves this opportunity.

He can play either forward ot back, but has looked most impressive in games where he has played CHF. He is an accurate kick for goal, and also appears to have (given time) the ability to pick the best long target and hit them. When he plays back in the twos he is the designated kick off man, and has done that job well. Would not reckon that he has quite the mobility or the marking ability of Laidlaw. As Liz has said, he is also prone to the occasional brain fade.

woo
17th August 2007, 02:44 PM
insert swear wordsssssssssssssssss

swantastic
17th August 2007, 02:52 PM
Geez i know its asking for alot but can Melcho please rise to elite status with a month of finals coming up?Is this a trick question or what?:confused: Of course he bloody can:rolleyes:

Thunder Shaker
17th August 2007, 02:56 PM
It's great to have a debutante playing as it gives the team a bit of excitement
For some reason, Roos saying "debutante" has me imagining Cheese taking to the field in a frilly white dress with "41" on the back. That would sure give the team some excitement.

AnnieH
17th August 2007, 03:40 PM
Is this a trick question or what?:confused: Of course he bloody can:rolleyes:

yes, we all think he "can" but whether or not melcho actually steps up a notch remains to be seen.

TheMase
17th August 2007, 03:52 PM
We will miss Tadhg.

However, it is great to see another youngster get a run.
This year we have given game time to:
Jack
Philips
Schmidt
Moore
Vogels
Grundy
Laidlaw
Barlow
Brennan

Barlow makes up our 3rd debut for 2007.

17th August 2007, 04:20 PM
There's no point bitching about Tadgh's absence now it's confirmed. We just gotta get on with things. If we are gonna push for a flag we need to be able to cover our losses. Yes he's a key player, yes he provides critical drive outta defense. But we need the other guys to step up. I doubt the players are going to let it get to them the way the people on these boards do. I hope LRT comes in. He may provide the X-Factor and throw the Lions plans into disarray.

annew
17th August 2007, 04:27 PM
There's no point bitching about Tadhg's absence now it's confirmed. We just gotta get on with things. If we are gonna push for a flag we need to be able to cover our losses. Yes he's a key player, yes he provides critical drive outta defense. But we need the other guys to step up. I doubt the players are going to let it get to them the way the people on these boards do. I hope LRT comes in. He may provide the X-Factor and throw the Lions plans into disarray.

And who do you want LRT to come in for as Barlow's parents are being flown to Brisbane for his debut. I don't want LRT to replace any of the others.

Captain
17th August 2007, 04:35 PM
We will miss Tadhg.

However, it is great to see another youngster get a run.
This year we have given game time to:
Jack
Philips
Schmidt
Moore
Vogels
Grundy
Laidlaw
Barlow
Brennan

Barlow makes up our 3rd debut for 2007.

I like your positive thinking, trouble is that with the exception of Schmidt, the rest are duds.

AnnieH
17th August 2007, 04:37 PM
There's no point bitching about Tadhg's absence now it's confirmed. We just gotta get on with things. If we are gonna push for a flag we need to be able to cover our losses. Yes he's a key player, yes he provides critical drive outta defense. But we need the other guys to step up. I doubt the players are going to let it get to them the way the people on these boards do. I hope LRT comes in. He may provide the X-Factor and throw the Lions plans into disarray.

You think that's bitching????
Mate, you gotta hang around these pages a bit more!!:)
The natives are being quite tame today - we're just a tad disappointed.

swantastic
17th August 2007, 04:39 PM
I like your positive thinking, trouble is that with the exception of Schmidt, the rest are duds.Thats a bit harsh captain.

Jack=Was ok
Philips=Was ok
Schmidt=very good
Moore=jury still out
Vogels=jury still out
Grundy=jury still out
Laidlaw=good
Barlow=?
Brennan=jury still out

ugg
17th August 2007, 04:41 PM
LRT will come in for Barry Hall if necessary.

cruiser
17th August 2007, 05:01 PM
I think its very unfair to call young Keiran Jack a dud.

connolly
17th August 2007, 05:15 PM
A good chance for a youngster to step up and make a name for himself.

Spot on. Cometh the hour . . .

giant
17th August 2007, 06:51 PM
Where does this leave Dempster?

stellation
17th August 2007, 07:19 PM
That is exactly what I was wondering. I would have thought that a relatively experienced youngster like Dempster would have been the obvious choice at this point in the season.

monopoly19
17th August 2007, 07:19 PM
Anyone have the stats on how many games we've won without Tadhg this year?

Good luck to Barlow!

Triple B
17th August 2007, 07:25 PM

That is exactly what I was wondering. I would have thought that a relatively experienced youngster like Dempster would have been the obvious choice at this point in the season.

The fact that they have gone Barlow and not Dempster makes me think Tadhg will be back for the finals at the very latest.

If Tadhg was going to be out for the year, I'd reckon they would have went with Dempster knowing they need to get him back in and up and running to cover Tadhg's loss.

As a stopgap 1 or 2 weeks, give the young fellow a taste.

satchmopugdog
17th August 2007, 07:43 PM
I like your positive thinking, trouble is that with the exception of Schmidt, the rest are duds.

Harsh......

Laidlaw was not a dud. He did a good job in wet conditions that got as close as anyone to a winning team at their homeground. Was not dropped due to poor play but returning players.

Brennan is holding his own nicely I reckon.

Schmidt looks as though he will take off next year.

Jack and Phillips are tiny but at least they don't run like that little fella for Richmond. He cracks me up....talk about tiny steps.

Matt79
17th August 2007, 08:11 PM
Looks like Tadhg's season is over...another dislocated kneecap. :(

http://news.realfooty.com.au/kennellys-season-could-be-over/20073917-tuu.html

Also, nice to see Leigh Matthews happy at our misfortune...

"Kennelly and Barry have been very key parts of their whole defensive structure and obviously Kennelly gives them the run so it's good news for us.

They have lost Joel Selwood and McDonald too.

Robbo
17th August 2007, 08:37 PM
I reckon Moore and Brabazon will be delisted at year's end.

ScottH
17th August 2007, 08:44 PM
Anyone have the stats on how many games we've won without Tadhg this year?

Good luck to Barlow!Yep.

Yep, he's the first barrel out of defence, and Malceski is the 2nd.
A big loss, we have only won one game with him out (Bulldogs) and he has missed 6 games so far.

swantastic
17th August 2007, 09:01 PM
Where does this leave Dempster?Up @@@@ creek,he must of rubbed some one up the wrong way.

Carolyn
17th August 2007, 09:46 PM
Poor Tadhg! He has had the worst luck this year! :(

mcs
17th August 2007, 11:12 PM
terrible luck for him. We are going to miss him and its a big dent in our aspirations. But it gives Barlow a chance and we probably might be able to cover for it. Still a massive loss though. Knowing his power of recovery though you just never know until he says its a no go himself!

lovetheswannies
17th August 2007, 11:40 PM
this day just keeps getting better and better...

cruiser
17th August 2007, 11:57 PM
Buggery bollocks!!! :(

SimonH
17th August 2007, 11:59 PM
Where does this leave Dempster?I can't freakin' believe it. No Leo Barry, no Kennelly, LRT still unable to crack a game, not to mention no Crouch... and Dempster can't get a run? What exactly has this dude done wrong?

Happy to accept ORB and others' assurances he hasn't set 'em alight in the reserves, but that doesn't change the fact that he's a capable and now reasonably-experienced defender who can play on 3rd talls as well. That is to say, exactly what we're crying out for now that we're missing 4 of our premiership back 6 (presuming you marked Crouch as a defender).

I will be gropable if Sydney trade (I dare not mention the word 'delist') him at the end of the year. If 'let go', he has all the hallmarks of being to Sydney what Craig Bolton has been to Brisbane.

Oh, and good luck Cheese. Kick a bloody bag.

Nico
18th August 2007, 12:26 PM
I hate that station. Half the time it's rubbish what the say, the other half it's not so you never know how to feel.

Any footballer follower who hates SEN is not a real fan.

swantastic
18th August 2007, 12:42 PM
Any football follower who hates SEN is not a real fan.Spot on Nico

Robbo
18th August 2007, 12:44 PM
Dempster seems ridiculously out of favour at the minute. If he can't crack a game with the injuries we have now, then he's a long long way off cracking a game.

He's officially trade bait.

giant
18th August 2007, 01:31 PM
I notice Tredrea is back with Port after only 1 or 2 weeks with the same injury that they are ascribing to Tadhg. Let's hope it's a similar scenario for our boy.

Ludwig
18th August 2007, 01:41 PM
Dempster seems ridiculously out of favour at the minute. If he can't crack a game with the injuries we have now, then he's a long long way off cracking a game.

He's officially trade bait.

I think Dempster is not being selected at the moment is because he is a known quantity. With injuries and uncertainty surrounding Kennelly, Hall, Leo, Crouch and LRT, Roos wants to try a few options, mainly Brennan and Barlow. There are list management issues concerning these players as well.

The Swans have far fewer injury concerns than do the Lions. Whether it's Dempster or Barlow coming into the team should make little difference to the result. If Barlow flops, he flops. But if he turns in a good game, that may be one more option for the Swans going into the finals.

ugg
18th August 2007, 03:52 PM
I notice Tredrea is back with Port after only 1 or 2 weeks with the same injury that they are ascribing to Tadhg. Let's hope it's a similar scenario for our boy.
3 weeks and that's considered a quick comeback.