PDA

View Full Version : Kirks Brownlow odds shorten.

ScottH
17th August 2007, 02:16 PM
Apparently (Source = HS) some money has been put on Kirk at all 3 big betting agencies for the Brownlow in an "organised plunge".

His odds have shortened dramatically.

Sporting Bet - from $126 to $81, after backed to win $50k.
Lasseters - backed to win $26k @ $141.
Sportbet - backed to win $10K @ $126.

Sanecow
17th August 2007, 02:44 PM
Umpires probably.

hammo
17th August 2007, 02:48 PM
Stranger things have happened.

#1 in the AFL for tackles, #11 in frees for.

A smokey but hard to go past Gary Ablett or Jonathan Brown for mine.

573v30
17th August 2007, 03:02 PM
He won't win it but there's a good chance he'll make the top 5 on Brownlow night.

BeeEmmAre
17th August 2007, 04:09 PM
I put $10 each way on him about four weeks ago and he's hardly got a kick since. :mad: :frown

ItsAllGoodes
17th August 2007, 04:32 PM
On a sort-of related note, I read recently something about Kirky being in some list of significant achievers worldwide, with Greg Norman the only other Australian nominated

But now I cant think where I saw the article?

Can anyone remind me where I read it?

Or will someone tell me I am making this whole thing up?

Pommie Swannie
17th August 2007, 04:40 PM
On a sort-of related note, I read recently something about Kirky being in some list of significant achievers worldwide, with Greg Norman the only other Australian nominated

But now I cant think where I saw the article?

Can anyone remind me where I read it?

Or will someone tell me I am making this whole thing up?

It was in the most recent Swans magazine.

ItsAllGoodes
17th August 2007, 05:31 PM
Thanks Pommie...i could have sworn I read it online
I wanted to forward it to somebody. Will have to use the photocopy/scan approach

Thanks again

hammo
17th August 2007, 05:42 PM

It was in the most recent Swans magazine.
One of the more imaginative efforts from the Swans' media department :rolleyes:

giant
17th August 2007, 06:41 PM
He has a Brownlow 4th to his name does he not? Something about being the last to get up from the pack & tossing the ball back to the ump.

ScottH
17th August 2007, 08:36 PM
He has a Brownlow 4th to his name does he not? Something about being the last to get up from the pack & tossing the ball back to the ump.Yes, with 20 points in 2004. 20 would've tied for 1st the following year.

RogueSwan
17th August 2007, 08:38 PM
I put $10 each way on him about four weeks ago and he's hardly got a kick since. :mad: :frown
Well, quickly go out and put some money on J Brown, pass on your kiss of death. :)

ugg
17th August 2007, 09:02 PM
He probably won't win it, but those odds are ridiculously off IMO.

SimonH
18th August 2007, 12:56 AM
He probably won't win it, but those odds are ridiculously off IMO.Totally agree. Has had a very solid year, and IMO an excellent last 5-6 weeks, in a team where traditional vote-winners JBolt and BBBH have been well off the boil. And has a good record of polling well. You would be insane not to back him to win a motza at those odds, if you had the money to burn.