PDA

View Full Version : Why we are going to win this weekend

bloodboy
15th August 2003, 09:05 PM
With so many negative threads out there saying how bad we are now and how we won't win another game and how we will finish eighth and won't win a final - I thought I would make a nice positive one!

We will win this week because we will play better footy than the lions! The Lions are not as good as they used to be and with a bunch of young guys out there on the park who will be keen for a win after two disappointing losses and no expectations to win the game on the day, I reckon that they will come out firing and win the game this weekend.

My Tip: Bloodboys by 32 points
Best: M'Oloughlin (7 goals), A Goodes, J Bolton and D Cresswell

GO BOYS!

daniel f
15th August 2003, 09:18 PM
finally about hte first positive post about this weeks game that ive seen,iagree fully that we will win,with one particular reason though,if u remember the last couple of times we were beaten by the lions[last year]we actually out played them in the 1st halves only to have the orange roughie[justin leppitsch move from down back and go forward to both times rip the swans backline apart.well arent we glad theres no leppa this week.also i think bazza might be due for a visit to the goalsquare and may snag a few goals this week himself go the mighty bloods

BAM_BAM
16th August 2003, 09:26 AM
Heath James!

He's got to inspire the boys to get up. Truly awesome he's back.

SXP
16th August 2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by BAM_BAM
Heath James!

He's got to inspire the boys to get up. Truly awesome he's back.

That, and Willo's 250th game should also help. I'm quite certain our boys will lift this time.

Swansinger
16th August 2003, 10:04 AM
Yep , Roos tells 'em we need a good start and we kick 6 goals to 2 in the first quarter.
Then we edge the second to lead by five goals at half-time.
Then the Lions hit us hard in the third but we hold on and take a 10 point lead into the final term.

It's a hard grind but Micky and Schneider finally kick us home.

There's a brief scare when Lynch gets two goals from free kicks.
First the eagle-eyed umpire sees Schauble stand too near Lynch -you just can't do that , Andrew.

Then it's a 50 metre penalty as Schauble breathes on Lynch.
Roos furious with the lack of discipline - surely the defender knows that the Lions' FF still labours under his much-publicised
Chronic Freekick Syndrome ?
But never mind , the boys hold on for a famous win.

The other scenario is - we get flogged by ten goals.

sharpie
16th August 2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Swansinger
The other scenario is - we get flogged by ten goals.

I dont want to read that script. The other did just fine.

Angelic Upstart
17th August 2003, 12:09 AM
Swans by 2 points.
Sydney 12.0 (72)
Brisbane 7.28 (70)
(just to annoy Leigh Matthews, still going on this week that the Swans won last time because they kicked more accurately)

penga
17th August 2003, 12:42 PM
First the eagle-eyed umpire sees Schauble stand too near Lynch -you just can't do that , Andrew.

LOL! :D

daniel f
17th August 2003, 01:21 PM
Yep , Roos tells 'em we need a good start and we kick 6 goals to 2 in the first quarter.
Then we edge the second to lead by five goals at half-time.
Then the Lions hit us hard in the third but we hold on and take a 10 point lead into the final term.

It's a hard grind but Micky and Schneider finally kick us home.

Roos furious with the lack of discipline - surely the defender knows that the Lions' FF still labours under his much-publicised
Chronic Freekick Syndrome ?
But never mind , the boys hold on for a famous win.

The other scenario is - we get flogged by ten goals. pissed myself laughing mate very funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bloodboy
19th August 2003, 01:01 AM
Just thought I would bring this thread back to the top, say I told you so and hope that it works again this weekend.

Go Bloods, kick some Magpie ass!