PDA

View Full Version : Dopey Walls and the draft

Bas
28th August 2007, 12:03 AM
I have heard Walls say on a number of occasions now that teams having 5 wins or less getting 2 picks in the first ten draft picks.

Last year they received them after the first round. This means that if all goes as it appears it will, the SWans will finish 8th and receive pick 9 in the draft.

Is this correct or has it been changed back again.?

shaun..
28th August 2007, 12:08 AM
I thought Carlton was the exception with their poor record over a number of seasons?

goswannie14
28th August 2007, 09:43 AM
The priority picks, I thought, are now after the first round. Although, the continued bad form of the Blues over the last three years may make a difference.

Cheese
28th August 2007, 09:48 AM
ok guys the rules are-

teams that have not won more than eight games in two years get a priority pick before the initial draft.

eg Carlton don't win another game they get the first pick. then the draft starts from scratch.

the second priority pick rewards teams that have had one off poor seasons eg Dees and Tigers with an extra pick at the start of the second round. usually 19,20.

so in our case we would be cheering on the blues to win on sunday night as if moves our pick position up one spot.

first time since 2002 we have had a top ten pick i believe. and we all know who that waste was used on.

Damien
28th August 2007, 10:49 AM
first time since 2002 we have had a top ten pick i believe. and we all know who that waste was used on.

Let's wait and see how what position we end up after the finals before we say how high or low our first pick is!!!

BeeEmmAre
28th August 2007, 05:48 PM
Let's wait and see how what position we end up after the finals before we say how high or low our first pick is!!!

I want pick 17.