PDA

View Full Version : Club / Pub to watch Swans in Sydney Area

ozherb
8th September 2007, 04:12 PM
G'day everyone,

Is there a specific or prefered place that Swans supporters go to, to watch away games. Want to experience a good atmosphere when watching the finals!!!!

Thanks.

reigning premier
8th September 2007, 04:13 PM
Alexandria hotel in... wait for it.... Alexandria.

All Swans pub... Even overrides the Rugby!

AussieAnge
8th September 2007, 04:37 PM
There's a small group of us going to the Fox & Lion at Fox Studios.

hudsta
8th September 2007, 04:43 PM
Alexandria hotel in... wait for it.... Alexandria.

All Swans pub... Even overrides the Rugby!

I'll be going there tonight for the first time.I normally watch the away games at home with some mates. Does it get packed? Should i get there early???

hammo
8th September 2007, 06:10 PM
I am watching at home. Most Sydney pubs will have the league on unfortunately.

timthefish
8th September 2007, 06:23 PM
couthouse hotel on australia street on the camperdown side of newtown is a swans pub. they still have a chalk mural of leo's mark on the outside.

reigning premier
8th September 2007, 06:26 PM
I'll be going there tonight for the first time.I normally watch the away games at home with some mates. Does it get packed? Should i get there early???

It will have a fair crowd I'd reckon...... Get their a bit earlier if you want dinner (Food is pretty good value but nothing more than pub food), and a seat in the bar. Otherwise, there will be plenty of seating out back in the marquee they have set up.

In any case, you'll have plenty of screens to choose from.

JF_Bay22_SCG
28th September 2007, 09:45 PM
Read this thread on the Sydney FC forum.
http://www.sfcu.com.au/smf/index.php?topic=4363.90

If what some of the people from some of the NSW Supporters Clubs were told & they were told to shut up to not upset the trendies & yuppies then that is a disgrace & the Alexandria should be boycotted by all & sundry. :mad:

JF :frown

rwgirl
29th September 2007, 07:42 PM
I've been a regular at the swans away games at the Alexandria, and I've never seen anyone told to shut up, or quieten down.

The pub did have objections raised by the local residents about the big screen in the beer garden, but they have now put up a marquee over most of the beer garden and the big screen is back.

I don't know how you could have more atmosphere there, the staff, the food and the venue is great.

top40
29th September 2007, 09:52 PM
One thing I have felt about the Alexandria is that notwithstanding its reputation as a Swans pub, there are always plenty of fans from the opposition who turn up. It would be great to get a venue where 100% of the patrons support the Swans. The closest probably would be the official club at Kings Cross, (which was closed this year for renovations).

Layby
29th September 2007, 10:40 PM
One thing I have felt about the Alexandria is that notwithstanding its reputation as a Swans pub, there are always plenty of fans from the opposition who turn up. It would be great to get a venue where 100% of the patrons support the Swans. The closest probably would be the official club at Kings Cross, (which was closed this year for renovations).

Are u serious ?

The best part is some oppo supporters to muck around with

siriusly

top40
30th September 2007, 07:15 AM
Are u serious ?

The best part is some oppo supporters to muck around with

siriusly

Each to their own, Layby

reigning premier
2nd October 2007, 12:02 PM
Read this thread on the Sydney FC forum.
http://www.sfcu.com.au/smf/index.php?topic=4363.90

If what some of the people from some of the NSW Supporters Clubs were told & they were told to shut up to not upset the trendies & yuppies then that is a disgrace & the Alexandria should be boycotted by all & sundry. :mad:

JF :frown

What a load of bollocks.....

AFAIK, the only time time someone has ever been told to quieten down was when they were swearing at the top of their voice in the garden with kids around. Fair enough too. In the garden, lounge and bar they are creating an atmosphere for raucous fans and families alike. I usually get a spot in the bar with the loud ones!! :D The garden area is usually a bit more of a family affair.

And as far as trying to turn it into a restaurant... pfft.... They promote the pub as a sporting hotel. A pub where you can see almost every game of every code, live on a big screen with only the Swans taking priority.... Probably one of the only pubs in Sydney that does cater for the sportsfan.

Layby
2nd October 2007, 12:03 PM
Agree totally

Good pub, choice of family or bogan atmospheres.

reigning premier
2nd October 2007, 12:07 PM
Agree totally

Good pub, choice of family or bogan atmospheres.

What he said..... (In about ten words as opposed to my 200!) :D

Very succinctly put.