PDA

View Full Version : Captain Announced Tuesday

Troy G
10th February 2003, 01:58 PM
The Swans Captain and a Sponsor will be announced before lunch tomorrow!

floppinab
10th February 2003, 02:14 PM
And Fairfax reckon Maxfield is firming as the favourite based on Roos comments yesterday, which back away a little from previous more favourable comments regarding the liklihood of a younger candidate.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/articles/2003/02/08/1044579984975.html

I reckon their right.

Cheer Cheer
10th February 2003, 02:40 PM
Hope you ready for the outburst Des, its going to be a big one!

Diego
10th February 2003, 03:20 PM
Who ever gets appointed I will be happy with. I think Roos and Co will make the right choice.

As long as Jude Bolton doesnt get it.. :D

robbieando
10th February 2003, 03:47 PM
I brought this up before but I think Des should open a official Captaincy thread and thats the only one you post in on the issue any new thread are then closed. This means we don't have 47437 thread on the new captain (of which 47430 are started by JAB)

10th February 2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by robbieando
I brought this up before but I think Des should open a official Captaincy thread and thats the only one you post in on the issue any new thread are then closed. This means we don't have 47437 thread on the new captain (of which 47430 are started by JAB)
Christ! can't anyone in this world today take responsibility for their actions? if you read a title of a thread and don't like the title, then don't read it. If once read and u don't like what was in it then say to yourself... "hmm I knew I shouldn't have read that" and cop it on the chin for your own stupidity. :p

robbieando
10th February 2003, 04:46 PM
Look I not talking about the quality of the post but the fact that there will be 453462 simular threads when 1 would be enough.

10th February 2003, 05:06 PM
Look I not talking about the quality of the post but the fact that there will be 453462 simular threads when 1 would be enough.
LOL there's that "Look" again. I must be in trouble. Robbie only brings that "Look" out at the begining of his post if he feels perturbed.

And to keep the thread on topic...

I can't wait for the announcement of the new captain on Tuesday :D

CureTheSane
10th February 2003, 05:50 PM
There's really not all that much happening in the forums, I can't see too many captaincy threads being a problem.

It's hard enough haveing the threads started in the right forum without instructing people to keep vaious posting the the right thread.

robbieando
10th February 2003, 06:12 PM
Mr J,

Look:D , don't worry I not pissed off or anything just puting my point across in a very strong manner:D

treespirit
10th February 2003, 06:12 PM
I reckon the list would look a lot stronger if we had recruited W. Carey.

robbieando
10th February 2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by treespirit
I reckon the list would look a lot stronger if we had recruited W. Carey.

Don't even joke about that anyway that has nothing to do with this topic. The past week has shown what it couldn't of been like if we got him, thank god we didn't have to go though that

treespirit
10th February 2003, 06:21 PM
Don't even joke about that anyway that has nothing to do with this topic. The past week has shown what it couldn't of been like if we got him, thank god we didn't have to go though that

Oops, was that off topic?! Perhaps I should start a new thread - "Let's stage a mid-season coup to snare Carey as Captain". Then again, isn't that back on topic?

...or perhaps not. Well done Maxy.

floppinab
11th February 2003, 10:54 AM
Apologies for off topic but a question for Troy G.

Can any Tom, Dick or Swan roll up to the press conferences or do you have to show a journo ID or something.

Wouldn't mind popping along one of these days.

jude_boltons_babe
11th February 2003, 11:33 AM
number 1 which threads have i started robbieando
number two i knew it was going to be stuey maxfield

robbieando
11th February 2003, 11:53 AM
jab, don't worry it was only a joke. Don't take everything said on this board so seriously because you'll be offended many more times. Just relax and enjoy the board

Diego
11th February 2003, 02:15 PM
Yay!

QBE are on board for another 3 years..that's gotta be good news for the financial longevity of the club.

How loyal have they been..take them up to 18 years. Are we the only club with the longest major sponsor?

robbieando
11th February 2003, 04:24 PM
Ford with Geelong is longer but we are second. They came on at an important stage in 1988 and have been very important in this club since. If it wasn't for them in 1992 promising more money we wouldn't be here today

11th February 2003, 05:13 PM
Well done Stuey. Thoroughly deserved. Tough decision for the club to make with all the names being bandied about. But I reckon they got it right. Look forward to seeing that "C" next to your name on matchday Maxwell... errr... Maxfield :D

And to QBE... Wow, what a great effort of support from you guys. Keep up the good work!

thommoone
11th February 2003, 05:53 PM
they just had a bit on the swans on channel 10. said how maxfield was captain and showed McVeigh bros. on da beach kicking a footy with each other. Good to see the swans are back in the new. Means footy is coming real soon!!:)

Ajn
13th February 2003, 08:21 PM
was hardly a secret!

Ajn
13th February 2003, 08:36 PM
says something about ten, they wouldn't know a foot from a head