goswannie14
14th September 2007, 06:40 PM
I'm still trying to work out which option is the worst.:confused:

573v30
14th September 2007, 07:37 PM
The midfield's orders: "Kick it to Hall and hope he marks it inside 50."

Nico
14th September 2007, 11:09 PM
Very hard to judge when they dont get it, if and when they do it is a kick around the corner to nothing.

DeadlyAkkuret
15th September 2007, 03:48 AM
Sometimes the ball is delivered out of our forward 50 so often that i think our forwards are our mids.

Nico
15th September 2007, 11:25 AM
Sometimes the ball is delivered out of our forward 50 so often that i think our forwards are our mids.

It appears to me that our midfielders are instructed not to go into the F50.

When we belt teams our forward pressure of defenders is massive.

cruiser
15th September 2007, 12:44 PM
Where's the "utter crap" option?

reigning premier
15th September 2007, 12:46 PM
Have they been kicking it in to the f50 this year?

I hadn't noticed this new and revolutionary technique...

thesting
17th September 2007, 02:38 PM
Shocking at times. We have all commented on the poor year Hall has had (and rightly so), but how many time do we see the ball kicked over his head? It drives me nuts to see him having to grab at a ball that is above and behind his head when he is on the lead. Put it in front of him!!:mad:

Boodnutz
17th September 2007, 06:45 PM
Have they been kicking it in to the f50 this year?

I hadn't noticed this new and revolutionary technique...

Sydney has developed into a team that has a midfield in name only. The coaches do not want a midfield. I don't think they even recognise the area as midfield anymore. With the exception of Goodes, nearly every player in the "midfield" essentially does a tagging or negative role. J Bolton, Mathews, McVeigh, Ablett (when playing) and now even Barlow, Buchanan and Schneider are all negators first and creators second.

Allison says they want someone for that "outside midfield" role. What a joke. They'd only turn whoever it is into a tagger in 6 months anyway. The frustrating thing is that there is potentially a terrific midfield (Goodes, Kirk, Malceski, Kennelly, Barlow) if they chose to attack teams.

The middle third of the ground was a disaster for Sydney this year. Complete disaster. And its failure led to the pressure on the backs and forwards. And Roos says the coaches won't change next year. They wouldn't get away with it an any other club.

Nico
17th September 2007, 08:42 PM
Shocking at times. We have all commented on the poor year Hall has had (and rightly so), but how many time do we see the ball kicked over his head? It drives me nuts to see him having to grab at a ball that is above and behind his head when he is on the lead. Put it in front of him!!:mad:

Hall is the worst deliverer in to the forward line. Those crappy little toe poke stabs he does almost invariably go to an opposition player who drops into the hole he is trying to kick it to, because every other coach in the world knows he is going to do it because he has the brains of a boxer.

Why he doesn't wheel around and move it on quickly to the top of the square baffles me or handball off to someone who can deliver it.

thesting
18th September 2007, 10:36 AM
Hall is the worst deliverer in to the forward line. Those crappy little toe poke stabs he does almost invariably go to an opposition player who drops into the hole he is trying to kick it to, because every other coach in the world knows he is going to do it because he has the brains of a boxer.

Why he doesn't wheel around and move it on quickly to the top of the square baffles me or handball off to someone who can deliver it.

I don't have a problem with the way he executes that funny little short pass, but I hear your noise re doing it too often and too predictably. I heard Dermott Brereton make the comment ages ago that Hall will only pass short when outside scoring distance, he will very rarely, if ever, go to the top of the square.

Maybe it is a team instruction because our key forard will not be there to grab it if he just sets it up...