PDA

View Full Version : Freemantle Dockers...

Diego
10th February 2003, 03:24 PM
...will have a good season.

Some v good players in their list.

I think they will finish in the Top8 somewhere..dont ask me where.

:D

SWANSBEST
10th February 2003, 08:09 PM
Headland will have a sensational season if his form for the A ll Stars is any guide .He has lost about 4-5 kgs in weight and will play an inside mid field role at the Dockers compared to his running outside role at Bribane. Some judges regard him as early favourite for the B/M.
I also thought the ex Swan Troy Cook looked very good . I also believe the Dockers could force their way into the 8.

desredandwhite
10th February 2003, 08:25 PM
Freo are about due, I think.

they have some decent talent, but somehow have never made it all click at the one time to force their way into the 8 - they'd also want to start thinking about winning away from Subi!!

Charlie
10th February 2003, 08:28 PM
Anything less than 8th place is in my opinion, a failure. Made a lot of ground last year.... no excuses.

Charlie

Cheer Cheer
10th February 2003, 09:24 PM
This season looks like going right down to the wire, and being one of the most even yet, freo like a dozen or so teams are hard to differentiate on paper, it all depends on injuries, form etc, but freo have a good a chance as any to scrap into the eight.

TheHood
11th February 2003, 07:51 AM
I know the guy's a loose cannon and capable of anything (and I mean anything goes), but Clive Waterhouse looked very fit in a recent article.

They have some strike power when they want to use it. Connells must be licking his chops at the running, goal kicking midfielders he's got:

Des
Bell
Farmer
Hasey

Plus I really rate their big ruckman Troy Simmonds.

Previously Freo's biggest problem was a disorganised midfield. If they can't do something with this lot then god help them.

liz
11th February 2003, 11:48 PM
Headland could certainly be a great player for Freo - but I'd make that assessment more based on his performances last year and his junior pedigree than on the performance for the All-Stars. Sure, he played well, but there were absolutely no pressure skills from the opposition - hardly typical AFL.

Where he may have to adjust, IMO, is from being regular tagged and targeted by the opposition. At Brisbane, Voss, Black, Aker and Lappin were ahead of him in the "likely to be tagged" group. At Freo Bell and Haselby are good midfielders but aren't particularly quick (thus possibly easier to tag), while Cook can get enough of the ball but uses it so badly at times that there is less of a need to tag him.

Certainly, if Headland fires and even a couple of their young KPP players really stand-up they will be a decent team this year.

gloveski
14th February 2003, 03:35 PM
should make the 8 but super amount of pressure on Headland

Grant
15th February 2003, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheHood
[B]
They have some strike power when they want to use it. Connells must be licking his chops at the running, goal kicking midfielders he's got:

Des
Bell
Farmer
Hasey

[QUOTE]

Gee Des,is there anything you can't do?

Dpw
27th February 2003, 10:21 AM
Dockers are in the mix for the eight, however injurys will be the major factor and with only 36 on the list it will be a long season at the top have real qaulity its the second tier again that will asked to stand up and in the past this has been there real weakness. Injurys and suspsions already to Croad and Longmuir.

All here in the West pray but dare to talk about there chances. Will be one of our opponents for that last spot in the eight.

p.s don't expect to see to much of Clive he's along way back in the pecking order these days, but again a injury and hes in.

Sydneyfan
8th March 2003, 02:11 PM
The Dockers will go nowhere this season, I'm adamant about this, purely because over the past 4 seasons I've predicted them for the finals yet not once have they even got close!

Boo Dockers Boo! ;)

Realistically though, they do have an exciting list and on paper there's no reason why they can't get into the 8 this season.