PDA

View Full Version : Brownlow Medal

dawson
19th August 2003, 05:37 PM
Thought I would start a Brownlow medal thread.

There are six votes still up for grabs or has it already been decided.

People think Voss, Wanganeen, Harvey or will someone sneak under the radar?

The count should be a great one and will be interesting to see how Channel 9 do it.

Plugger46
19th August 2003, 06:13 PM
Harvey, Crawford, Goodes, Wanganeen, Voss, Buckley, Riccuito, Bell, Hird, Cousins, Hayes, Gardiner, Coughlan.
They all have chances.

If I had to pick a winner, I would say Robert Harvey to win his 3rd Brownlow.

Glenn
19th August 2003, 07:37 PM
Obviously love to see Goodes get the Brownlow but my money would be on Wanganeen

scurrilous
19th August 2003, 10:11 PM
Voss sealed it last weekend against us.

Plugger46
20th August 2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by scurrilous
Voss sealed it last weekend against us.

His influence on the game, wasn't anywhere near that of Hall's and Goodes'. He'll get 1 vote at best on the weekend.

ugg
20th August 2003, 12:18 PM
For me, Buckley from Bell and Ricciuto at the moment.

scurrilous
20th August 2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Plugger46
His influence on the game, wasn't anywhere near that of Hall's and Goodes'. He'll get 1 vote at best on the weekend. which, as I said, will seal it for him :D

Plugger46
20th August 2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by scurrilous
which, as I said, will seal it for him :D

Fair enough.

gossipcom
27th August 2003, 12:40 AM
M. Voss sealed the HS Player of the Year competition last week when Kirk contained Buckley so he didn't get any votes.

I'd have to say even though Vossy has missed a few games he'll most likely be the person to beat this year.

Of course if any of them get suspended in Round 22 it'd make life very interesting ;)

Jimmy C
28th August 2003, 01:09 AM
Wowoedin ;) :D

brit411
1st September 2003, 10:39 AM
Leo Barry

jude_boltons_babe
3rd September 2003, 12:37 AM
id love goodsey to win it hes been playing really good this year if he doesnt id like shane crawford or shane wowy

TheHood
4th September 2003, 09:32 AM
This year is so tight, I would really favour the player that DOES NOT play in a star studded team.

I think as good as Wanganeen has been, he is surrounded by terrific vote getters such as Tredrea to name one obvious one.

Vossy is a bit of a favourite because they have had a bit of a down year by their standards and Vossy has stood out for mine.

Buckley has been very good but it only takes one other consistent performer to take votes off him, someone like Rocca for instance or Burnsy.

Goodsey is a chance if the Umps like him but he has given away his fair share of free kicks this year. That is what struck Luke Darcy out last year and will again this year, he leads the comp for frees-against.

I don't think the Umps really remember frees-for quite as much.

sharpie
4th September 2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by TheHood
This year is so tight, I would really favour the player that DOES NOT play in a star studded team.

That didnt affect Akermanis and Black from winning it.

TheHood
4th September 2003, 05:01 PM
They were stand outs in that team of that particular year. I mean, as good as Lappin or Voss were, they did not exceed the impact of these players in that year IMO.

Goal kicking midfielders have taken the honours every year from 1994.

hardluck_harry
4th September 2003, 06:10 PM
1 Wanganeen, 2 Voss 3 Riccuito and Crawford.

Smokey: Lenny Hayes.
Longshot: Jude Bolton