PDA

View Full Version : The wait is over - Ten ruins story Maxfield WILL be named captain

robbieando
10th February 2003, 06:04 PM
Just on Ch 10 news,

Maxfield WILL be named captain tomorrow.
Well I suspose its no real shock but couldn't Ch 10 of waited until he was named.

Anyway Conrats to Stu - Well done, you have a fine tradition to uphold

Grant
10th February 2003, 06:11 PM
yeah i just saw that too,bit disappointing they couldn't wait.But it's no BIG deal,congrats Stu and hope you go well.

Now let the threads begin,:D

swansrock4eva
10th February 2003, 07:31 PM
hehe and imagine if the club announces some1 different (not that i'm expecting them to!) - wouldn't 10 look like a pack of morons!

NMWBloods
10th February 2003, 08:06 PM
Maxfield WILL be named captain tomorrow.
Well I suspose its no real shock but couldn't Ch 10 of waited until he was named

That would sort of go against all 'codes' of journalism...

Anyway, good to see Stu is the new captain.

Charlie
10th February 2003, 08:12 PM
what was the confirmation???

Diego
10th February 2003, 09:12 PM
No big suprise there..well done stuey I think it was a good choice indeed!

Let's hope he can an injury free season like he has for 3/4 of his career.

desredandwhite
10th February 2003, 09:15 PM
Well, I have no complaints with this selection at all. Stuie will make a great captain - The captain is retired, long live the captain!

I'm pretty sure in 2 years time we'll have the next young gun captain ready to tear it up :)

Cheer Cheer
10th February 2003, 09:34 PM
I'll wait till tomorow I think, just to be sure, Ch10 are a joke, wouldnt surprise me if it was a stuff up.

blinddog
10th February 2003, 09:36 PM
The players were told this arvo on the decision

Cheer Cheer
10th February 2003, 09:52 PM
If this premature announcement is true however, it sits nicely with me

Destructive
10th February 2003, 10:13 PM
Stuie is one of my favorite players, he also has the same birthday as me, ( April 9, He's a year older) I am very happy he's captain.

A swans fan
10th February 2003, 11:16 PM
:)

Well, I am more than happy with the decision. Stuart Maxfield is one of my favourite players. It's my opinion that he will be a fine captain for the Swans.

Congrats to Stuey!

And onward to victory!

:cool:

robbieando
11th February 2003, 07:00 AM
i think stu will have a great season i hope he does well i like him so much:D :D

TheHood
11th February 2003, 07:25 AM
Everybody is coming up with Stuey's name but nobody is telling me what they think he will bring to the Captaincy role?

What more will Maxey offer now he is skipper compared to when he was just VC?

I think maybe he is the right man for the job, but I am not sure why. We didn't a hell of a lot of games when he was skipper when The Champ was injured.

Is there any word on whether he is fully fit for Sunday's clash?

CureTheSane
11th February 2003, 10:13 AM
He brings heart and attitude, and a bigger vocal presence if you ask me.
Also, there is a bit of mongrel in him I think, something I feel we need more within the team, hopefully if the captain has some it will rub off on the other players.

snajik
11th February 2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Cheer Cheer
I'll wait till tomorow I think, just to be sure, Ch10 are a joke, wouldnt surprise me if it was a stuff up.

Me too. Journalists are well known for being bereft of ethics and have an aversion to research. If it is Maxfield then congratulations. However I'd prefer to wait for the official announcement.

Remember what happened in the US election? Bush was announced president by the media in an election too close to call because certain news networks panicked. They didn't want to be last with the 'news'. It was later proven that Gore had actually won the election. By that time it was too late.

Donners
11th February 2003, 10:32 AM
Bit disappointing if it is true. I was hoping they would take a more long-term approach under Roos, but Maxfield's appointment seems to go against this.

jude_boltons_babe
11th February 2003, 11:17 AM
i think he will have a really good year being captain

robbieando
11th February 2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by jude_adams_babe
i think he will have a really good year being captain

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

11th February 2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by robbieando
i think stu will have a great season i hope he does well i like him so much:D :D
ROFL

TheMase
11th February 2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by robbieando
maxfield is a great player he has been loyal to the club and will play great for us much like one of my favourite players goodes i really hope he gets vice captain because he deserves it he is going to have a great season

Grant
11th February 2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by TheMase
maxfield is a great player he has been loyal to the club and will play great for us much like one of my favourite players goodes i really hope he gets vice captain because he deserves it he is going to have a great season

Oh you guys are Craazy,but funny,lol:D :D

robbieando
11th February 2003, 04:50 PM
i'm sorry but i really like him i'm at his place now he is really good

Dpw
11th February 2003, 05:12 PM
Will make a fair captain. Although iam worried about robbie