PDA

View Full Version : who is sick of pavlich?

penga
21st August 2003, 01:52 PM
http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=114110

Sheedy pumps up Pavlich
5:09:25 PM Wed 20 August, 2003
Jordan Chong
afl.com.au
Related Content:

One of Kevin Sheedy?s most important decisions about Saturday?s match against Fremantle at Telstra Dome is who to play on Matthew Pavlich.

The difficulty in finding a suitable match up becomes clear when you consider Pavlich is a 100-kilogram midfielder who can run all day as well as hold down a key-position post thanks to his 192-centimetre frame.

In addition to his immense physical presence, Pavlich is in a rich vein of form, backing up from a match-winning final term against the Kangaroos at the MCG with three goals in Fremantle?s victory over the Western Bulldogs at Subiaco.

Sheedy has Mark Bolton or Adam McPhee as defensive options, but didn?t rule out skipper James Hird to line up on the red-hot Pavlich.

?I?ve got no doubt he could be the best player in the AFL by the end of this year and heading into the next two years,? Sheedy said at Windy Hill on Wednesday.

?He?s just a superstar.?

The Bombers coach went on to describe Pavlich as a ?young Hird?, joking to reporters the crowd size at Telstra Dome on Saturday afternoon would be the determining factor in his decision.

?If I can see 50,000 people up there on the screen on Saturday afternoon then I?ll probably do it (play Hird on Pavlich),? Sheedy suggested.

?Pavlich is probably playing the best that Hird used to play at his absolute best.

?It?ll all be done by basically team balance and who locks onto who so if it ends up that way great, if it doesn?t don?t worry about it.?

Using horse-racing parlance, Sheedy thought Hird v Pavlich was like: ?Lonhro trying to beat Northerly wouldn?t it. I think Northerly got up, didn?t he??

On selection news, Sheedy indicated Jason Johnson (ankle) will return to the side, with Sean Wellman (hamstring) rated at an 80 per cent chance to play. Both were late withdrawals against Richmond at the MCG last Sunday.

Wellman was absent from training, with Johnson restricted to running work.

Youngster Jobe Watson, who has been suffering from osteitis pubis, could return to the club?s VFL side Bendigo Bombers this weekend.

Meanwhile, Sheedy denied the club has been speaking with soon to be out-of-contract Western Bulldog Nathan Brown.

?I don?t think we?ll be getting any player anywhere near a cost of a Nathan Brown at our club.?

?I wouldn?t be saying that this club should be going and taking other club?s players. We?ve never done that unless the other club genuinely wants to let them go.?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think he is a tool... the WA people are SO in love with him its ridiculous!!!

Ruda Wakening
21st August 2003, 02:44 PM
I prefer Pav to Trent Croad .

Mike_B
21st August 2003, 02:46 PM
Ditto for me....Croad is just a greaseball hack of a footballer (can he actually even be called a footballer?)

Destructive
22nd August 2003, 12:15 AM
He is an overrated tool.

Dpw
22nd August 2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Destructive
He is an overrated tool.

If you mean Pavlich you are way of mark sit down and watch the kid play.