14th November 2007, 09:23 AM
My money is on BAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22756500-5006065,00.html

goswannie14
14th November 2007, 09:36 AM
My money is on it not happening.

cruiser
14th November 2007, 09:45 AM
Is this fight being touted? I'd be furious if the Swans were to allow it to happen. It was bad enough that Hall played crap for most of this year. Why allow him to risk injury in a pointless boxing match? If he wants to box he should retire from football and free up room in our salary cap.

ScottH
14th November 2007, 10:06 AM
I think he will wait till he retires cruiser,

Hall, who is contracted to the Swans until the end of the 2009 season, subsequently downplayed the prospect of him boxing while he was still contracted to the Swans.

AnnieH
14th November 2007, 10:25 AM
There was a little paragraph on this in Sunday's Sun Herald in Sydney ... Willy said there was no way he'd box Blind Barry ... he's scared that BB would belt the living @@@@ out of him.

573v30
14th November 2007, 10:33 AM
Mason doesn't stand a chance against Hall.

Rod_
14th November 2007, 10:49 AM
Barry would kill him!

Ever fought a boxer?

They hit you that hard and that often, you would think your surrounded! :D (By the way, they learn how to duck and weave and how to hit really hard)

A lucky punch might get some claret running, but why would you want to do that? All that would do would get him angry! I don't know why any sane person would want to do that intentionally?

This is not street fighting or a king hit with a few mates backing you up.....

Tip - Mason, Be afraid, very afraid. (Or get a few years of boxing training prior)

Rod_

Robbo
14th November 2007, 07:07 PM
I actually think Mason would trounce Barry.

Cheer Squad mbr
14th November 2007, 07:24 PM
At least it would give Barry a sparring partner in the ring! :p

Big Bad Barry unquestionably has the ability, experience and intelligence.
The only advantage Willie Mason has is an extra few kilos. That and I think pain travels a bit slower to his brain (but don't get me wrong, I like Mason).

Barry should still win and he could also take on Anthony "The Man" Mundine (although I think he might be of a different weight class).

But at the end of the day, it's highly unlikely any of these boxing match-ups will occur in the near future if ever at all.

Latest Daily Telegraph polling results found here. (http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/poll/display/1,22053,5031690-5001023-1,00.html)

stellation
14th November 2007, 07:30 PM
My dad's tougher than both of them.

Okay, he isn't.

ScottH
14th November 2007, 07:40 PM
Barry Hall will not be stepping into the boxing ring while he is a Swan.

More... (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=7106&newsId=53247)

(This post was automatically generated from news items on www.sydneyswans.com.au )

ScottH
14th November 2007, 07:40 PM
Sydney Swans co-captain Barry Hall has no intention of entering the boxing ring in the near future

More... (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=7106&newsId=53243)

(This post was automatically generated from news items on www.sydneyswans.com.au )

573v30
14th November 2007, 07:53 PM
Oh well.... Hall would still beat him nonetheless.

Mr_Juicy
14th November 2007, 07:59 PM
good to hear it won't happen whilst Hall is a Swan. Besides, violence never solves problems. Perhaps they need to have a debate instead?

Cheer Squad mbr
14th November 2007, 08:10 PM
good to hear it won't happen whilst Hall is a Swan. Besides, violence never solves problems. Perhaps they need to have a debate instead?

Now Barry would definitely win that one! :D

Jewels
14th November 2007, 09:37 PM
Now Barry would definitely win that one! :D

Cyggie would win that one!

swantastic
14th November 2007, 10:16 PM
good to hear it won't happen whilst Hall is a Swan. Besides, violence never solves problems. Perhaps they need to have a debate instead?Oh yes it does.

Cheer Squad mbr
14th November 2007, 10:39 PM
Cyggie would win that one!

lol, so true! ;)

Pekay
14th November 2007, 11:00 PM
These stories always get a run when its off season-hurry up Footy. But would be good spectacle,the old AFL v NRL debate in the squared circle,part 2 after the previous fight night for depression a few yrs back-where our great game had its clacka handed to us by the Boof's.Hall would be far too technical for Mason,but 12 extra kg's,it only takes a knock on the button to put the lights out,but having said that,Hall can take a punch,he used to tear up the Army boys at his local in his young days.

Pekay
14th November 2007, 11:03 PM
Here's another bout for the undercard- Buzzing Benny Cousins v Jumping Joey Johns,both fighting for an empty prescription book and a pill press?

AnnieH
14th November 2007, 11:25 PM
Big Bad Barry unquestionably has the ability, experience and intelligence.

Blind Barry ... intelligent?
Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Bless ... I met him in 2004 - he let me poke him in the chest with my finger without punching me out flat. I was warning him against being naughty in 2005 and please don't do anything that would make him appear in front of the tribunal. I'd threatened to send him hate emails. He laughed. (It was actually quite comical ... see, I'm five foot one and three quarters - I was standing on tippy toes and my arm was raised way above my head, and I could just reach his chest). Sheesh, he's a big boy. I'm glad I don't have to cook his meals.

AnnieH
14th November 2007, 11:27 PM
Here's another bout for the undercard- Buzzing Benny Cousins v Jumping Joey Johns,both fighting for an empty prescription book and a pill press?

Winner - post of the year.
:)