PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Scorecard - #33 Jarred Moore

AnnieH
8th January 2008, 09:49 AM
Rate away ...

Robbo
8th January 2008, 11:36 AM
Was absolutely starved of chances because he isn't one of the boys.

I thought he performed OK when given game time, even though he only got 25 minutes in the game against the Kangaroos.

I look forward to hopefully seeing a lot more of him this year.

7/10

Plugger46
8th January 2008, 11:38 AM
No rating. Didn't see enough of him to form an opinion.

I'd like to see him get a decent crack in the seniors next year.

ScottH
8th January 2008, 12:32 PM
Stood up to a nice hip and shoulder against the Roos (TD) before being benched for most of the rest of the game.

Another one hard to judge for lack of game time.

8th January 2008, 04:22 PM
Agree with the others , really hard to get a read on Jarred Moore.
Under Roos selection policy , I believe he will be on the outer again unless injuries take place. Make or break year for him
2/10

RogueSwan
8th January 2008, 07:45 PM
I have enjoyed his play in previous seasons but I really can't remember anything from 2007.
1/10

liz
8th January 2008, 07:57 PM
5/10

He won the Canberra league B&F which indicates he was at least a consistent performer at that level. (And yes, I know Spriggs won it the year before so it doesn't necessarily point to AFL success.)

In most of the games I saw him play for the reserves I was a little underwhelmed. He seemed to be playing in 2nd gear for many of them. However, given that he was almost always named in the best by the coaches and won the B&F, maybe my perceptions were unfair. But I was waiting for him to grab a game by the scruff of its neck and dominate, in the way that Malceski and even McVeigh have done in their time.

I thought his last month of ACTAFL footy was pretty good. There was one game towards the end of the year where he was an absolute stand-out.

I don't think it is fair to judge him on his senior appearances. I thought he was reasonable in the first, and then for some reason was consigned to the bench for almost all of his second, despite the fact that our midfield was getting slaughtered by its opposition. Maybe he pulled out of a contest, or failed to chase - something that the coaches saw but we maybe didn't.

He's going to be up against it this year as he plays such a similar game to Bird. If you saw the two of them from afar you'd probably struggle to pick them apart. And with Schmidt also trying to establish himself in a similar kind of role to the one that Moore and Bird will be aiming for, there won't be many opportunities gifted.

I hope his does get a chance because I suspect he's the kind of player who will rise to the level of football he's being asked to play. And until the question is put to him as to whether he can play an important role in a senior AFL team, I don't think we'll have any real idea what the answer is.

BeeEmmAre
9th January 2008, 12:37 PM
Congratulations to Moore on winning the AFL Canberra best and fairest.

However, that suggests he was either unlucky or not good enough to get a regular game in the seniors, hence his ability to poll more votes from more games in the twos.

A little injury here and there when he does get a chance have hurt him, but it is time now to take that next step and cement a spot in the senior team.
Hopefully the Mulrooney Medal will give him the confidence to do just that.

3/10.

Justice
12th January 2008, 10:29 PM
2/10

Has good hand skills, has a good strong body and it would appear that he has had limited opportunities due lack of first team injuries. It should be remembered that Moore play in the seniors in his rookie year but then suffered a couple of broken thumbs which appear to have 'devalued his stocks' .

I agree with Liz that Moore will be given no favours and must command a spot in the firsts due to his performances. If Craig Bird turns out half as good as he has looked in under-aged competition then Moore's opportunity to develop into a 100 game plus AFL player may have passed him by.

Cheers

Justice

BeeEmmAre
13th January 2008, 09:45 PM
Jarred Moore Scorecard

7, 2, 1, 5, 3, 2

Total score = 20/60

Average = 3.33/10

Moore fails.