PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted for a tourist in Sydney.

goswannie14
5th March 2008, 04:08 PM
I'm going to be in Sydney next week on a course from Sunday to Friday. I have been told there is a Swans shop in the SCG precinct. Where exactly is it, and is it hard to find? I'll be travelling by train from Stanmore on my way to the airport on Friday arvo.

AnnieH
5th March 2008, 04:24 PM
I think it's near the entry to the football stadium (whatever it's called these days!!).
On Driver Avenue.

As an aside, do you have any free time Rev?
Wanna catch up for a coffee??

goswannie14
5th March 2008, 04:27 PM
I think it's near the entry to the football stadium (whatever it's called these days!!).
On Driver Avenue.

As an aside, do you have any free time Rev?
Wanna catch up for a coffee??I think I'm free each evening after dinner. Which is at 5.30.:eek: Sounds more like afternoon tea.

stellation
5th March 2008, 04:35 PM
I'm going to be in Sydney next week on a course from Sunday to Friday. I have been told there is a Swans shop in the SCG precinct. Where exactly is it, and is it hard to find? I'll be travelling by train from Stanmore on my way to the airport on Friday arvo.
So you are forewarned- it may not be worth the trip.

AnnieH
5th March 2008, 04:39 PM
I think I'm free each evening after dinner. Which is at 5.30.:eek: Sounds more like afternoon tea.

... pensioner meal times!!
Goody goody.

If you want, I can pick you up and take you shopping - depends on what time the store closes - or - we can always go to the Puma store (or whatever it is) in town.

Do you still have my mobile #? Give me a ring and we'll make arrangements.
PM me if you don't have it.

desredandwhite
5th March 2008, 05:02 PM
So you are forewarned- it may not be worth the trip.

Yep - from memory they use that shop for all events at the SCG/SFS, so the swans gear is not always front & square....

EMJ
5th March 2008, 07:15 PM
It is in Driver avenue just up the main entrance to the SFS - Sydney Football Stadium - they do tend to have the best range of Swans gear in Sydney,

Damien
6th March 2008, 07:04 PM

It's at the entrance to the Sydney Football Stadium on Driver Avenue.

During the season, they generally have the best Swans gear in Sydney. I am guessing they are stocking up at the moment, but might be worth calling them before you head up.

Mick Simmons Sports store on George Street in the city also has a great AFL range and often out prices the stadium store up at Moore Park.

goswannie14
7th March 2008, 07:07 AM
I'm actually after a particular item, the new training junper. I may wait until it is in stock in the Melbourne office, as I geta discount being a Vic based member.

But thanks to everyone for their help, when I am up later in the year I will have a look.

BTW Annie, I'll give you a call once I am in Sydney. (I hope you haven't changed your mobile number.)

AnnieH
7th March 2008, 10:36 AM
I'm actually after a particular item, the new training junper. I may wait until it is in stock in the Melbourne office, as I geta discount being a Vic based member.

But thanks to everyone for their help, when I am up later in the year I will have a look.

BTW Annie, I'll give you a call once I am in Sydney. (I hope you haven't changed your mobile number.)

Nah. Still the same.
I look forward to catching up.

JF_Bay22_SCG
7th March 2008, 11:51 AM

The Score is really a bit of a rip-off to be honest. You can buy stuff from their website Playbill Merchandising (www.playbill.com.au) to be honest.

Not bagging the club here, but still think they could be ALOT more pro-active THEMSELVES about the way they sell their merchandise. I don't want to give my money to a store where they have Swans stuff on one sheld & Waratahs on the next. I'd like real ridgy didge Swansshop back. Maybe at Club Swans or something where people could rock up all the time? :cool:

Try Rebel at the Mid City Centre as well. Lots of swans stuff there. Mick Simmons has a bit too.

JF

Lucky Knickers
7th March 2008, 12:00 PM
Mid City Rebel store is gone - it's all being redeveloped. I generally shop on-line but they are slow to stock new stuff.

Cher
7th March 2008, 05:30 PM
The Score is really a bit of a rip-off to be honest. You can buy stuff from their website Playbill Merchandising (www.playbill.com.au) to be honest.

JF

I would recommend no one ever buys online from playbill. If you order from the official sydney site it goes through to playbill but if you have problem with playbill the club won't have anything to do with you. Much better to buy from the Melb office.

rwgirl
8th March 2008, 12:37 AM
I'm not related to the business, but I've found some great buys online from a business called http://www.goodscore.com.au...they are usually pretty fast (even at Christmas !!) and have some cute and less expensive items like ear rings or mouse pads etc