PDA

View Full Version : Under the Radar ... Again

dimelb
16th March 2008, 09:45 PM
The Sunday Age footy guide arrived this morning and their stable of tipsters have us finishing in the range 5th (Jake Niall) to 13th (Caro), averaging about 9th. Robert Walls reckons there are three teams with a chance of pulling Geelong back: St Kilda, Freo and Hawthorn, with Collingwood and the Eagles as dark horses.
I'm happy for them to underestimate us (I've gone for 5th in the poll), but I think Walls, whom I normally respect, has lost the plot. St Kilda are a real chance to improve this season, but I'd put three or four teams in front of Freo and Hawthorn, including both his dark horses and Adelaide, not to mention us.
It'll be interesting to retrieve the time capsule after the season.

TheGrimReaper
16th March 2008, 09:58 PM
I lol'd at Caroline Wilson's ladder prediction. :D

RogueSwan
19th March 2008, 10:29 AM
Walls reckons Freo will finish third on the Real Footy website. Third! They would have to have a lot of things fall their way to finish that high. I don't want to begrudge them but 3rd seems unrealistic.
Then again it is Walls and was probably a waste of my time commenting on something he said. ;)

AnnieH
19th March 2008, 10:43 AM
Walls reckons Freo will finish third on the Real Footy website. Third! They would have to have a lot of things fall their way to finish that high. I don't want to begrudge them but 3rd seems unrealistic.
Then again it is Walls and was probably a waste of my time commenting on something he said. ;)

There isn't any reason why Fweo shouldn't finish third. They've had a couple of good years.
This could very well be their year.

BSA5
19th March 2008, 12:10 PM
Walls is a knob. But, Sydney are less than 50/50 to make the 8, in my opinion, so I think he and everybody else are right to tip us low. Not too low; I don't think we'll finish lower than 11th, at the very worst.

dimelb
19th March 2008, 03:41 PM
There isn't any reason why Fweo shouldn't finish third. They've had a couple of good years.
This could very well be their year.
Except that they have a habit of promising the earth and delivering the dearth.

Jewels
19th March 2008, 03:47 PM
My thinking is that things will be a bit different down Freo way with Harvey in charge. I think they will have a better year than Saints and everyone is spouting them as top 4.

AnnieH
19th March 2008, 04:00 PM
Freo have faced it ... it's make or break this year.
I'd like to see them get up. They take an awful lot of crap from the ferral budgies and their supporters.

swantastic
19th March 2008, 04:13 PM
I'd love to see Freo belt wet coke in a home final for wc it would be so much fun.:D

Then we meet Freo in the GF and we beat em.:D :D :D

AnnieH
19th March 2008, 04:25 PM
I'd love to see Freo belt wet coke in a home final for wc it would be so much fun.:D

Then we meet Freo in the GF and we beat em.:D :D :D

well ... now that you've put it that way.
At least they would have made it to the granny!;)