PDA

View Full Version : 2008 version Hall bigger and better

thejones,s
6th April 2008, 09:15 PM
2008 version Hall bigger and better (http://sydneyswans.com.au/tabid/7106/default.aspx?newsid=57447)

Post-season surgery last year for Barry Hall appears to have done wonders

reigning premier
6th April 2008, 09:27 PM
2008 version Hall bigger and better (http://sydneyswans.com.au/tabid/7106/default.aspx?newsid=57447)

That it is.......

reigning premier
6th April 2008, 09:40 PM
Certainly way better than the 2007 model, but I don't think he's back to his 2006 best yet when he was arguably one of the two or three best players in the comp.

Dunno about that... my dream team stats say otherwise...:D

shaun..
6th April 2008, 11:28 PM
He's breathing better, that always helps ;)

swansrule100
6th April 2008, 11:30 PM
his best night game in a while. If glass plays will be a big test for him this week

BSA5
7th April 2008, 12:23 AM
Certainly way better than the 2007 model, but I don't think he's back to his 2006 best yet when he was arguably one of the two or three best players in the comp.

:confused:

Nuh, sorry. He was only ever top 10 at best. Which is still good, but even I can't bring myself to rate Hall that highly.

liz
7th April 2008, 12:28 AM
:confused:

Nuh, sorry. He was only ever top 10 at best. Which is still good, but even I can't bring myself to rate Hall that highly.
Others (independent) of the Swans rated him higher than that.

He was AA three years in a row, twice in the prized CHF position, and vice-captain in 2006.

I'm not particularly sold on putting players in lists of ranks. How do you compare Dean Cox, Matthew Scarlett, Gary Ablett, Sam Mitchell, for instance?

But his consistency, durability and importance to team structure from 2004-2006 mean he has as much claim to a top 5 spot as pretty much any other player in the competition.

ShockOfHair
7th April 2008, 06:04 PM
Real Footy (hardly Swans fans) ransk Hall equal third in Footballer of the Year.

Baz himself said he wouldn't be fully fit till round 4.

THere are very few players in the comp who can dominate a backline the way Baz can.

He kicked 80 goals in 05, 78 in '07 and just 44 last year. There's no better news for the Swans than to have BBBH back in town.

CJK
8th April 2008, 10:20 AM
This is from the Lions Members mail-out 'Lethal's Lowdown'

Summary of LM's quotes since the game (how come we don't get one of these??)

"I thought Barry Hall was magnificent. The way he moved on Saturday was like watching him in his prime."

"To be that big and to move that well and cover so much ground was just magnificent. He's a real top-notcher when he's fit and well."