PDA

View Full Version : Match report

Reggi
12th February 2003, 08:13 PM
Seeing as many of us cannot attend Sunday, are there any volunteers to supply a match report, particularly on the younger guys on Sunday night?

Thanks in advance

Dpw
12th February 2003, 09:11 PM
Sounds like a great idea I would enjoy a review.

desredandwhite
12th February 2003, 09:21 PM
Unfortunately I stuffed up and won't get back to sydney on the weekend until AFTER the game. I'm sure one of the others will provide a thorough report though - we'll make sure it's up on the main site and the board :)

thommoone
12th February 2003, 09:45 PM
does anyone know if the game is on Fox footy?

swansrock4eva
12th February 2003, 10:23 PM
I'll be there so i'll give it a shot but i'll only be up at the tree end of the ground so i may miss some of the other stuff at the other end. just out of interest, which RWOers will be there on sunday?

penga
12th February 2003, 11:41 PM
i'm there

jude_boltons_babe
13th February 2003, 12:04 AM
ill be there hail or shine see you there

EMJ
13th February 2003, 09:00 AM
Our family will be at the game - O'Reilly stand - can't wait for it to come even booked our seats while in Queensland. Sunday cannot come quick enough. Sorry would love to give a match report - but not confident yet, but would like to oblige in the future.

Hope we can beat Essendon though and Swans take home a cup instead of Essendon for a change.

Foxtel Cup - but no coverage by Foxtel.

Foxtel have been showing Demons pre season over and over and damn Essendon playing basketball or something and Sheedy etc in the background talking about their players. What has happened to the Swans and their pre-season - we don't exist:confused:

Cheer Cheer
13th February 2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by janpa

Foxtel Cup - but no coverage by Foxtel.

:frown

EMJ
13th February 2003, 11:18 AM
Re Foxtel showing Essendon training/basketball game - it wasn't basketball game - it was an intra-club game with Sheedy comments on each player. Really and truly they are unbelievable. Maybe we should all contact Foxtel and let them know there are other clubs in the AFL.

What is wrong with them can't they televise the Foxtel cup - one team is Essendon - obviously one of their favourite showpieces.!!:D

Bart
14th February 2003, 08:11 PM
Hi all, just back on board

The Bombers official site will have a live score update

LondonSwan
14th February 2003, 08:15 PM
I am sure I saw Foxtel at the bustand oval today midway through the session. Anyone seen anything tonight.

Bron
14th February 2003, 09:46 PM
I'll be there, in the O'Reilly stand, but out front handing out flyers earlier. Will catch up with you Gem. Will take some photos if poss and post.

motorace_182
16th February 2003, 10:41 AM
Sorry Brett, Foxtel arent covering it this year, they only did it last year to test their system and to tempt people into fox footy. Not much on the swans at the moment, dissapointingly

thommoone
16th February 2003, 01:45 PM
:(thanks anyway

Ajn
16th February 2003, 07:57 PM
Ok.....but is anyone doing a eyewitness report? Especially about those we are yet to see!

jude_boltons_babe
17th February 2003, 04:58 PM
i had the best day ever i was behind the guys so i could speak to them poor brett kirk stuffed a ligerment in his shoulder poor guy he had to have heaps of ice on his shoulder and all the guys were vocal whil playing it was great

Cheer Cheer
17th February 2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by jude_adams_babe
i had the best day ever i was behind the guys so i could speak to them poor brett kirk stuffed a ligerment in his shoulder poor guy he had to have heaps of ice on his shoulder and all the guys were vocal whil playing it was great

Gee by the sounds of your report there j.a.b sounds like kirk is going to be out for quite sometime, yet, no injuries were reported.

:rolleyes:

jude_boltons_babe
17th February 2003, 09:22 PM
i was right behind brett and nathan gibbs was checking his shoulder and brett said it killed then after the game brett had a ice pack on his shoulder and that is when he told me what he had down and said he was in alot of pain

Norris Lurker
17th February 2003, 09:41 PM
I saw Brett Kirk after the game, and he had a big ice pack on his left shoulder, but I'm not sure how bad it was. If nothing was reported he should be OK.

Diego
17th February 2003, 09:46 PM

Great report there. I gather Des has offered you an opportunity to join the RWO team as the medical reporter..yah?

Poor Brett..must of been in real pain if he said it kills. :rolleyes:

TheMase
18th February 2003, 09:26 AM
i was right behind brett and nathan gibbs was checking his shoulder and brett said it killed then after the game brett had a ice pack on his shoulder and that is when he told me what he had down and said he was in alot of pain

An icepack on a shoulder doesn't mean much JAB.

And anyone that does even something little generally has a bit of pain. That doesn't make it a serious injury though.

jude_boltons_babe
18th February 2003, 12:31 PM
why dont you just leave me alone ok i was sitting right next to brett kirk ok and after the game he told me the whole story so why dont you shut up

swansrock4eva
18th February 2003, 12:40 PM
Guys, keep the squabbling to PM's ok? We'll know before saturday night what's happening with brett and anyone else who may have come up a bit sore.

robbieando
18th February 2003, 12:51 PM
why dont you just leave me alone ok i was sitting right next to brett kirk ok and after the game he told me the whole story so why dont you shut up

I spoke to him as well and all is fine:D :cool:

TheMase
18th February 2003, 01:08 PM
Why don't I shut up? I didn't do anything. All I said is that I doubt the injury was serious, and that pain doesn't mean serious injury.

Not a smart arse comment at all.