PDA

View Full Version : Proper AFL number for my Swans Jumper

bloodboy
17th April 2008, 04:42 PM
Hey, does anyone know anywhere in Melbourne where I can get a proper AFL number for my Swans jumper? I realise they are screen printed on these days and not those old crappy iron-on ones of years gone by...I really want to get a proper (looking) one at least...don't want to be the dero in the outer with the half-peeled off number!

Cheers!

DST
17th April 2008, 04:55 PM
Hey, does anyone know anywhere in Melbourne where I can get a proper AFL number for my Swans jumper? I realise they are screen printed on these days and not those old crappy iron-on ones of years gone by...I really want to get a proper (looking) one at least...don't want to be the dero in the outer with the half-peeled off number!

Cheers!

They are not screen printed, they are all now iron on but of a better quality.

All Rebel Sports stores have them in adult and junior sizes at $15 each number and it takes about 20 minutes to press them on and let them cool.

Rebel at Highpoint had just received a new stash about 4 weeks ago when I got mine.

DST
:D

Triple B
17th April 2008, 05:24 PM
All Rebel Sports stores have them in adult and junior sizes at $15 each number.....

I believe number 1 is on special at $7 this week. A dollar a week. :p :p

TheGrimReaper
17th April 2008, 05:32 PM
I still have the number 1 on my back.

Dilemma is, should I go to the footy this week and wear my Swans jumper to the Bulldogs/Tigers game? :D

I'll let you know what comments I get. :p

Triple B
17th April 2008, 05:41 PM

Dilemma is, should I go to the footy this week and wear my Swans jumper to the Bulldogs/Tigers game? :D

If they get too mouthy, just pivot around and give them a left hook.

Well, it worked last week. :p :p :p :p

TheGrimReaper
17th April 2008, 05:43 PM
If they get too mouthy, just pivot around and give them a left hook.

Well, it worked last week. :p :p :p :p

lol I posted a topic about my dilemma, but I keep that suggestion on mind mate. :D

bloodboy
17th April 2008, 06:51 PM
Hahaha...thanks for that DST!

Now, who's number should I get.......that is the million dollar question!

TheGrimReaper
17th April 2008, 06:58 PM

Barry Hall's number if you want a laugh? :D

goswannie14
17th April 2008, 07:09 PM
You can get numbers at the AFL shop at Knox. I think it is any number (wjether 1 or 2 digits)for $20.00. The bonus is that the owners are Swans members.

jenky28
18th April 2008, 12:16 PM
I think you should get either 9 28 7 or 32

AnnieH
18th April 2008, 12:42 PM

You should liquid paper it into a "4".

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

AnnieH
18th April 2008, 12:43 PM

It's a no-brainer .... 37.

Chookbilly
18th April 2008, 01:19 PM
You can get numbers at the AFL shop at Knox. I think it is any number (wjether 1 or 2 digits)for $20.00. The bonus is that the owners are Swans members.

Yeah that's where I got mine done.... had a good old chinwag with the guy.
Got number 9 for my love of all things 'eski'.

bloodboy
18th April 2008, 01:53 PM
Yeah, am thinkin of headin down the number 9 route...think he is gonna be a great player and around for years to come...I also spoke to him whilst out one night and he seemed like a good bloke. Bit weird though...26 year old guy gettin the number of a 22/23 year old bloke on his back! hahaha...I don't care...i'm doin it anyway!

Maybe I should get 5...O'Keefe was in my class at high school...hahaha...now that would be totally weird! I also saw him the night I saw Mal and he didn't recognise me! HOW RUDE...I recognised him! hahaha

aaron_wharton
18th April 2008, 03:14 PM
GET NUMBER 14 or 37! CARN THE BLOOODS!!!!!!!

bloodboy
18th April 2008, 04:15 PM
I am now toying with the idea of getting Paul Chambers' number on my jumper to commemorate the great man's career with the swans...what number was he again?

Triple B
18th April 2008, 04:32 PM
I am now toying with the idea of getting Paul Chambers' number on my jumper to commemorate the great man's career with the swans...what number was he again?

Columbo will be happy

ScottH
18th April 2008, 05:42 PM

Thunder Shaker
18th April 2008, 10:25 PM
23 - source (http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/P/Paul_Chambers.html)

ScottH
18th April 2008, 10:32 PM
23 - source (http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/P/Paul_Chambers.html)
:rolleyes:

Number Player Start Year End Year
23 Paul Chambers 2006 2006

source (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/cmps.php?pageid=numbers)

ROK Lobster
18th April 2008, 10:45 PM
Get 54 and tell them you were a top up player for a few years. Who the hell is going to be able to prove you wrong?