PDA

View Full Version : Roosy on Goodes...

bloodboy
19th April 2008, 11:40 PM
Did ya see Roos get stuck in to Goodesy in his post match press conference? Wasn't happy with his game and lack of goals from his chances. Reckon this will give Goodesy a kick up the backside or what? He has had his moments this year, but way too few and far between for a player of his calibre. Hopefully this is the jolt he needs...

shaun..
19th April 2008, 11:42 PM
More female problems for Goodes (http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23565648-5001023,00.html)

NMWBloods
19th April 2008, 11:50 PM
Again we'll get a 'Goodes will work it out himself' - he'd better hurry up!

Glenn
19th April 2008, 11:53 PM
Roos revealed there were massive concerns over Goodes' slump as the Swans came to terms with yesterday's loss to Geelong.

"Goodesy struggled again today and that's a massive concern,'' Roos said.

:confused:

annew
19th April 2008, 11:58 PM
I reckon Goodes looks like he is bored with the whole Swans game maybe he wants/needs to play for another team, a more attacking team.

NMWBloods
20th April 2008, 12:17 AM
:confused:
It's written for the Sunday print edition.

DeadlyAkkuret
20th April 2008, 12:31 AM
I reckon Goodes looks like he is bored with the whole Swans game maybe he wants/needs to play for another team, a more attacking team.

:confused: Ok....

Cheer Squad
20th April 2008, 12:41 AM
Goodes played selfishly today. There were several occasions inside 50m where he could have passed to another Swan for an easier shot on goal but held on to it himself and missed. It's not the first time he's played that way either.

Goal Sneak
20th April 2008, 02:10 AM
Maybe he's just disappointed he was overlooked as a captain? If so, get over it!

smasher
20th April 2008, 06:23 AM
Goodes played selfishly today. There were several occasions inside 50m where he could have passed to another Swan for an easier shot on goal but held on to it himself and missed. It's not the first time he's played that way either.

I agree totally with these comments.I have noticed all season that Adam Goodes wants to take everyone on himself and refuses to pass the ball to a player in a better position,particularily near goals.Does he think the younger players aren't good enough to be given the pill,I don't know, but if he bothers to check the goalkicking yesterday he will find that Barlow and Moore were our top goal scorers.

Zlatorog
20th April 2008, 10:17 AM
Ok, if Roosy himself admits that Adam is not a sacred cow than (hopefully) he'll get Adam's butt kicked this week.:mad:
Maybe Goodes was angry for not being invited to the 2020 summit?:D

Glenn
20th April 2008, 10:26 AM
It's written for the Sunday print edition.

Just being pedantic, but why have it online @ 5.00pm on match day. ;)

As for Goodes not sure if it is being selfish, or backing himself to do to much instead of looking for the easier option. Either way hopefully a return to some resemblence of form for Goodes.

Nico
20th April 2008, 10:42 AM

Rubbish. Look at the second Q at the hands off to Barlow for a goal. Have you ever played the game: Try getting hands off at full pace in traffic at full tilt when the goals are staring you in the face. One point was when he got dragged down and the others were just plain poor disposals when clear running into goal.

Nothing selfish about his game at all. At times he tried to do the game breaking stuff, whats selfish about that when most of the team refused to break the lines but preferred over possession. He just has bad luck with women and it puts him off his game for a while. As I have said before he should forget about them until he finishes footy.

liz
20th April 2008, 10:46 AM
Just being pedantic, but why have it online @ 5.00pm on match day. ;)

As for Goodes not sure if it is being selfish, or backing himself to do to much instead of looking for the easier option. Either way hopefully a return to some resemblence of form for Goodes.

Agree. It's a fine line to walk.

How many on here have bemoaned that O'Keefe was trying to short pass inside 50 rather than taking a shot for goal. Or Cheese.

Geelong might have trounced us in the end, but for all the commentary drooling about them being the most unselfish team in the competition, they stuffed up a few very good goal chances yesterday in the process of "being unselfish". It was only when the game was well and truly won did that "unselfishness" pay off.

And did anyone watch Stephen Milne on Friday night try to be completely unselfish for three quarters? He stuffed up time and time again. Yet come the 4th quarter he either decided or had been told to take the chances himself and scored a couple of wonderful goals.

What happens when players do take the first - often easy - option around the ground? All too often it lands up with a promising chain of passes through the middle falling in a heap because one pass to many has gone to someone with an opponent right on their hammer.

I can see that Roos was frustrated after that game, having watched Ablett tear the game to shreds while his best player had just a reasonable game. And yes, it did take time for Goodes to get into the game and Roos would have been frustrated that when Goodes is at his best he doesn't need help getting into a game. Yet despite that, he did manage to get himself involved, and had he kicked 4 goals instead of 4 points, he'd have been our BOG by some distance. (We'd still have lost the game.) And that was after being tagged by one of the best two or three taggers in the game, a player who frequently nullifies his opponent. (In contrast, Ablett's opponent was a very gallant yet inexperienced kid playing his 7th AFL game.)

And no other player on our team has been singled out in a press conference because he wasn't able to do as Ablett did. So it is not hard to understand why Goodes thinks that he needs to do the eye-catching stuff. It seems that's what his coach expects too.

ScottH
20th April 2008, 11:11 AM
3 gettable goals missed.
1 almost amazing goal missed.

He is great, but not GREAT.

Cheer Squad
20th April 2008, 11:36 AM
Rubbish. Look at the second Q at the hands off to Barlow for a goal. Have you ever played the game: Try getting hands off at full pace in traffic at full tilt when the goals are staring you in the face. One point was when he got dragged down and the others were just plain poor disposals when clear running into goal.

Nothing selfish about his game at all. At times he tried to do the game breaking stuff, whats selfish about that when most of the team refused to break the lines but preferred over possession. He just has bad luck with women and it puts him off his game for a while. As I have said before he should forget about them until he finishes footy.

Can't say I agree. There was more than one occasion yesterday when he could have easily passed to another Swan in a better position close to goal. That's what I felt when I saw him doing it.

NMWBloods
20th April 2008, 12:30 PM
Swans need a bit more selfishness to be a better side. They also need better execution of disposal.

ScottH
20th April 2008, 12:37 PM
Swans need a bit more selfishness to be a better side. They also need better execution of disposal.

I think the first part is correct. A couple of times the ball was put into the centre of the goals (to no avail) rather than having a ping.

2nd part: Most definitely.

gossipcom
20th April 2008, 12:43 PM
Again we'll get a 'Goodes will work it out himself' - he'd better hurry up!
It should be completed by the time Wolverine finishes filming. :)

I personally don't mind that he was selfish yesterday at least he was trying to create something.

And I'll single out Buchy here, when he had Magic in the square by himself calling for the ball and he dismissed him and kicked a behind (at that point in the match if I'm not mistaken we were 4 or 5 points down too). On that occasion I wanted to strangle Buchy. If it was Goodes day yesterday, when he did the soccer style kicked they would have goaled (kind of like when Bartel kicked it and it went 50 metres).

Xie Shan
20th April 2008, 01:48 PM
I tend to agree with Nico - he tried to do a few game-breaking things (some of them came off, like the hands off to Barlow), but he just wasn't having a great day. We were outclassed yesterday, but if he and ROK had kicked straight it might have made things a little more interesting. Disposal let the Swans down yesterday, no question. They did well to get back into the game, but Geelong were just far too precise with the ball when it mattered.

TheMase
20th April 2008, 01:52 PM
Goodes topped our clearances with 6

connolly
20th April 2008, 01:58 PM
I think Roosey was referring to his kicking as well. It was atrocious for a player of his caliber. And not just kicking for goal. His field kicking was poor, he fringed the packs instead of running straight and was troubled by the tag - just not goodes enough.

swansrule100
20th April 2008, 02:12 PM
the solution to goodes problem will be to drop davis and teach goodes a lesson that way

stellation
20th April 2008, 03:54 PM
the solution to goodes problem will be to drop davis and teach goodes a lesson that way
:D hehahhahahheheheheheha

Funny but true ;)

goswannie14
20th April 2008, 04:30 PM
I think Roosey was referring to his kicking as well. It was atrocious for a player of his caliber. And not just kicking for goal. His field kicking was poor, he fringed the packs instead of running straight and was troubled by the tag - just not goodes enough.Of course, if he had the calibre of Bevan, he could do all of that blindfolded and in so doing kick 100 goals a season from defensive pivot.

AnnieH
21st April 2008, 10:45 AM
Some chick dropped Goodesy ... again.

When will you learn Goodesy that I'd make the perfect girlfriend. I'd even do the whole chick thing ... cook your meals and wash and iron your uniforms. I'd even clean the bathrooms. I'm not the clingy type. The only thing you'd have to worry about would be footy. I certainly wouldn't drop you in the middle of the season for some two-bit actor, that's for sure.

Think about it Goodesy.
:)

NMWBloods
21st April 2008, 11:26 AM
Footballers generally prefer dumb swimsuit models. Do you fit that criteria...?

ScottH
21st April 2008, 11:30 AM

You obviously saw yesterdays HS. "Beauty and the Beast" or for those who didn't see it, Baz and the 22YO bikini model.

Industrial Fan
21st April 2008, 11:36 AM
On the plus side, his run of poor form has meant the papers have needed a new wordplay on his name. Not Goodes enough, et al was getting a bit tired.

We now have a headline:

"Time to get up and Adam"

hammo
21st April 2008, 11:42 AM
It just goes to show that Goodes is not captaincy material at all, so well done Roos for giving the gig to B2.

AnnieH
21st April 2008, 11:53 AM

Dumb. No.
Swimsuit model. No.

Two dumb swimsuit models have dropped him, and both times it has affected his form ON THE FIELD.

Me thinks it's time to rethink the whole dumb swimsuit model thingy and go for something with a little more substance.

Zlatorog
21st April 2008, 12:14 PM
It just goes to show that Goodes is not captaincy material at all, so well done Roos for giving the gig to B2.

Totally agree. He needs to work on his personal life interfeering with his game.:mad:
Very soon he'll become a target for jokes on the footy show.

NMWBloods
21st April 2008, 12:30 PM
Dumb. No.
Swimsuit model. No.

Two dumb swimsuit models have dropped him, and both times it has affected his form ON THE FIELD.

Me thinks it's time to rethink the whole dumb swimsuit model thingy and go for something with a little more substance.
He's a footballer. They don't know the meaning of 'substance' - that's why they go for models!

Wardy
21st April 2008, 02:01 PM
Some chick dropped Goodesy ... again.

When will you learn Goodesy that I'd make the perfect girlfriend. I'd even do the whole chick thing ... cook your meals and wash and iron your uniforms. I'd even clean the bathrooms. I'm not the clingy type. The only thing you'd have to worry about would be footy. I certainly wouldn't drop you in the middle of the season for some two-bit actor, that's for sure.

Think about it Goodesy.
:)

Goodesy - please dont entertain this idea - McVeigh is still seeking therapy after an encounter with Annie in August last year - and that was only from sitting with her for about half an hour - the poor kid was never the same!

There should be 2 off field rules - 1) no unprotected sex from 1 December to 28th Feb - that way to avoid babies being born during the finals series.
2) for the singles - if there is no significant other on the horizon as at New years day - then thats it for the season - that way the distractions of clingy wags &/or messy break-ups is eliminated. I know its harsh - but its fair!;)

ernie koala
21st April 2008, 02:55 PM
Goodesy - please dont entertain this idea - McVeigh is still seeking therapy after an encounter with Annie in August last year - and that was only from sitting with her for about half an hour - the poor kid was never the same!
;)

Given McVeigh has actually played 5 reasonable games in a row....for the first time in his career..... Annie must have the midas touch....
Goodsy, call her....now!

Eala ?ireann
21st April 2008, 04:00 PM

AMEN.