PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Footy under lights this Saturday night

Hawknik
21st April 2008, 06:44 PM
This Saturday, 26th April 2008, the Southern Sharks are visiting Macquarie University for Round 3. This is our first night match for the year and the Mac Uni Warriors have a bit of an extravaganza planned with our Annual Sponsors & Family Evening booked in. This match has been selected as it one of Mac Uni?s night matches under lights and is against last years Grand Finalists, the Southern Sharks.

You can obtain a flyer for the evening by going to www.muafc.com.au

The aim is to get a few people down to watch Sydney footy under lights in what should be a great afternoon of footy.

The YMCA have jumped on board and there will be jumping castle, face painting and kids games running with Auskick matches for half time of the Seniors game.

2008 sponsor, John Thompson Prestige Cars, will have some prestige cars on display.

With The Weekly Times supporting the Mac Uni Warriors in 2008 they will be providing local newspaper coverage of the event

A full BBQ with bar facilities will be in operation so come on down for a few quiet drinks and watch Sydney footy under lights at University Oval.

2nd Division at 12pm
U18?s at 2pm
Reserve Grade at 4pm
Seniors bounce at 6:15pm

Please feel free to contact us if you have any queries and hopefully we will see some of you there!!!

Pekay
21st April 2008, 09:19 PM
Here's hoping his cars don't get fined by the Rangers!!!

Good luck with the night though, sounds like a good idea.

BeeEmmAre
22nd April 2008, 06:43 PM
It's a great idea and hopefully it all goes well for you.

However, If you started the senior match an hour later you might have had a chance of attracting people from other clubs who play during the day.

tara
23rd April 2008, 09:48 AM
It's a great idea and hopefully it all goes well for you.

However, If you started the senior match an hour later you might have had a chance of attracting people from other clubs who play during the day.

BMR its probably a pretty good time for them given they have sponsorhip requirements etc as a club.

We played Mac Uni in 2nd under lights at Rosedale last Sat with the game kicking off at 5pm. By the time clubrooms had been cleaned etc etc some of us only made it back to the club at 8.45 for dinner and the awards. When you realise some of these people have been there all day and have families etc and their time is given freely it makes for a pretty long day for the kids and partners.

Norris Lurker
23rd April 2008, 11:06 AM
BMR, what game are you guys doing for the TV this week?

I may pop in and have a look on Saturday night, not sure yet - I'll be at Ern Holmes during the day, so it's not far to Mac Uni. Haven't been there since they put the lights in, but it's always been a good quality facility; and that's a great promotion the Warriors are running. Hopefully the weather will be kind to them.

tara
23rd April 2008, 11:15 AM
BMR, what game are you guys doing for the TV this week?

I may pop in and have a look on Saturday night, not sure yet - I'll be at Ern Holmes during the day, so it's not far to Mac Uni. Haven't been there since they put the lights in, but it's always been a good quality facility; and that's a great promotion the Warriors are running. Hopefully the weather will be kind to them.

Norris Ill be very very very surprised if you are at Ern Holmes on Sat.

Norris Lurker
23rd April 2008, 11:58 AM
Good point Tara. These late fixture changes can be confusing ? it was still listed as a Saturday game when I last checked on Monday night. Still, at least I knew in advance ? unlike one infamous occasion last year when I rocked up to Henson to find it in darkness. :eek:

But getting back to the topic, it?s a great promotion by Mac Uni. Hopefully the ground will be in decent condition ? the rain?s been a bugger this week.

tara
23rd April 2008, 12:07 PM
Good point Tara. These late fixture changes can be confusing ? it was still listed as a Saturday game when I last checked on Monday night. Still, at least I knew in advance ? unlike one infamous occasion last year when I rocked up to Henson to find it in darkness. :eek:

But getting back to the topic, it?s a great promotion by Mac Uni. Hopefully the ground will be in decent condition ? the rain?s been a bugger this week.

I had inside info mate but very happy to have the change given the amount of boys we would have had missing after ANZAC day if played on Sat.

BeeEmmAre
23rd April 2008, 06:31 PM
Norris, our match was to have been the ANZAC Day clash between Balmain and Western Suburbs on Friday.
But with that moved to Sunday, it is up in the air at the moment.
I'll let you know when I do.

BeeEmmAre
23rd April 2008, 06:32 PM
I had inside info mate but very happy to have the change given the amount of boys we would have had missing after ANZAC day if played on Sat.

Tara, you're right mate, we wanted to play our match against Camden this week on Sunday but the Cats wouldn't have a bar of it.
That's their right, and we'll see who it affects most.

radar oreilly
23rd April 2008, 08:39 PM
Why, when the draw is done before the season starts (obviously) did nor west not request a sunday game?. And why should Camden field half a first grade squad so you can have a full squad? Our players plan their weekends by the sydney afl draw, we will not disadvantage ourselves so you can field a full squad.As they say luck of the draw.

radar oreilly
23rd April 2008, 09:18 PM
I think it is a bit misleading to say Camden wouldn't have a bar of it. It was put to the players to play on the Sunday and there was too many unavailable. Then it was put to the players to play the games later on the Saturday but too many players had made plans for the weekend. We were all to willing to accomodate nor west but it just couldn't be done.

BeeEmmAre
23rd April 2008, 09:49 PM
I apologise if I caused offence radar - there was none intended.
We've got no problem when the game is played - all games are scheduled at 12 and 2.15 and that's when they are played. Simple as that.
As I said in the previous post, we put the question to Camden, it was rejected - obviously for the reasons you're describing - and that's fair enough.
We respect the decision and get on with preparing to play at the scheduled times, no worries.

Cheerz mate, we might even get to have a beer on Saturday.

Pekay
23rd April 2008, 10:57 PM
We're sweet with the decision, but as it should be raining until thursday and even friday, and friday being a public holiday, all Hawkesbury district grounds will be checked on thursday, so there is every chance that the league will reschedule the game to sunday anyway(obviously, it will need the green light from both clubs, and i think our boys will prefer to recover on saturday)
For the record Radar, the request was sent from our President to your president well before the season started,but we didnt get a response until the week of round 1.
I believe under by-laws, both clubs need to be in agreeance to the change from saturday to sunday, the league wont schedule a sunday game for one team.

tara
24th April 2008, 07:46 AM
We're sweet with the decision, but as it should be raining until thursday and even friday, and friday being a public holiday, all Hawkesbury district grounds will be checked on thursday, so there is every chance that the league will reschedule the game to sunday anyway(obviously, it will need the green light from both clubs, and i think our boys will prefer to recover on saturday)
For the record Radar, the request was sent from our President to your president well before the season started,but we didnt get a response until the week of round 1.
I believe under by-laws, both clubs need to be in agreeance to the change from saturday to sunday, the league wont schedule a sunday game for one team.

Still pissing down rain out our way Pekay when I left for work. I expect to see you at the RSL dawn service tomorrow.

BeeEmmAre
24th April 2008, 03:09 PM
Norris, our match was to have been the ANZAC Day clash between Balmain and Western Suburbs on Friday.
But with that moved to Sunday, it is up in the air at the moment.
I'll let you know when I do.

Norris, this week's match will now be East Coast v North Shore at Henson Park on Sunday.

BeeEmmAre
24th April 2008, 03:10 PM
@@@@, I hope they don't change it now.