PDA

View Full Version : Magic gone for the season?

Mike_B
30th August 2003, 05:33 PM
Looks like he did a bad hammy injury late in the game.

ARGH!!!!!! We really need him up forward because of the balance he gives our attack. Only one way to describe it - a tragedy! :(

Glenn
30th August 2003, 05:36 PM
Didn't look to good.. hopefully he can play some part in the finals if not lets hope they can lift across the field to cover for the absence of Mick

gloveski
30th August 2003, 05:37 PM
My heart sunk when I seen it he was on fire aswell what a big loss First a Ruckmen the a key defender and lat but not least a key forward once again we limp into september:(

gossipcom
30th August 2003, 05:43 PM
It didn't look good.

I wanted to throttle the commentator when he said we had lost a ruckman, a defender and now a forward, could it get any worse.

When he said that I was like don't jinx them please :(

Glenn
30th August 2003, 05:48 PM
If worse comes to worse and Mick does miss the finals campaign. It will be a big loss, but one player doesn't make a team.
A matter of having faith in the players available to get the job done.

~Onwards to the finals~

SWANSBEST
30th August 2003, 05:49 PM
The Ch 10 commentators (who IMO are hopeless) had mentioned only a minute before Mickey pulled his hammy that he should be taken off and rested . The tear looked high up near the backside and will take at least 3 weeks to heal. As someone said --- A Tragedy .

Mike_B
30th August 2003, 05:49 PM
According to Roosy's interview with Ch 10 - they definitely know its not torn right through, but will have to wait for an MRI to see exactly what the damage is.

Fingers crossed its not too bad and more cramp than anything else.

chewyonyourboot
30th August 2003, 05:55 PM
Anybody hear that crashing sound? The sound of hearts breaking all over Sydney???

Awww Poor Mickey...

Well let's hope it isn't too bad...But I feel so bad for him if he misses the finals..

I hope he is OK..for his sake more than ours..and thankfully it wasn't something more serious

Glenn
30th August 2003, 05:55 PM
Yes a glimmer of good news re Mick... as Roos said they have the ability to win games without Mick.. so in a worst case scenario all is not lost :)

gloveski
30th August 2003, 06:05 PM
The big question is who will come in ........hows nicks travelling as he looks the likely replacement or maybe James and will Sunny hold his spot.

And I think Roosy had the Poker face on when questioned about Magic but hopefully he may only miss one fingers crossed

Glenn
30th August 2003, 06:13 PM
I would bring Nicks in to replace Mick, purely because he has that finals experience

Triple B
30th August 2003, 06:22 PM
Forget Nicks. Look to the future.

Powell to come in. O'Keefe will now get a fulltime gig in the forward line with Seymour as a pinch hitter up forwrd to give them a spell.

sharpie
30th August 2003, 06:33 PM
Does Scott Stevens get 1 last chance?

daniel f
30th August 2003, 07:33 PM
just heard roosy on abc radio and he was saying it doesnt look as bad as first thought and fingers crossed it was just a very bad cramp

SWANSBEST
30th August 2003, 07:59 PM
IMO Roosy is trying to put a positive spin on the injury . The pain on Mickey"s face certainly did not give me the impression that he was suffering from a cramp. Also, his initial reaction to the injury and the words that he muttered gave me the distinct feeling that he pulled a hammy .

Triple B
30th August 2003, 08:01 PM
Just to add...

Plenty of credit to the many fans wearing Red and BLUE scarves who were applauding O'Loughlin as he was helped around the boundary line. They obviously felt for him as well, so well done.

Can't help but feel if it happened last week they would have been hanging over the fence laughing and hurling racial taunts in-between spits.

gossipcom
30th August 2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by SWANSBEST
Also, his initial reaction to the injury and the words that he muttered gave me the distinct feeling that he pulled a hammy .
Yeah I don't think he'd be muttering what he did if it was just a cramp that's for sure.

We can always look on the bright side of all of this, in the first quarter when Schneiderman clutched at his hammy they thought he was a goner then came back - so we can only hope the MRI on Monday shows no severe damage.

Nico
30th August 2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by sharpie
Does Scott Stevens get 1 last chance?

Definitely not. If he can't cut the mustard during the season how can we possibly expect him to shine in the finals.

On Mickey. By the time he got to the rooms he was walking a lot freer. If it was bad hammie he would have taken the stretcher.

Hopefully he is still in the mix for next week.

daniel f
30th August 2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Nico
Definitely not. If he can't cut the mustard during the season how can we possibly expect him to shine in the finals.

On Mickey. By the time he got to the rooms he was walking a lot freer. If it was bad hammie he would have taken the stretcher.

Hopefully he is still in the mix for next week. yeah i saw mick get on the bus after the game and he certainly wasnt in any pain and had a grin from ear to ear,so hopefully this points to him at least being a chance for next week,i believe this season when hes been on the park has easily been his best ever,i realise in 96\97 he was good but his marking and great accuracy for goal have imho moved him up another peg.

Cheer Cheer
30th August 2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by daniel f
just heard roosy on abc radio and he was saying it doesnt look as bad as first thought and fingers crossed it was just a very bad cramp

Yes he said that mick had a similair injury before and came back the next week - bad cramp that is

Sanecow
30th August 2003, 10:53 PM
I hope Magic will pull up OK but I have that feeling in the pit of my stomach. It pisses me off when the TV channel shows an injury from 50 different angles (they really love to do it with bad knee injuries) but when there's a goal they go to an ad break instead of a replay!

daniel f
30th August 2003, 10:55 PM
just had to mention i was watching replay of todays game ad the commentators about 5 mins b4 micks injury[hopeful cramp]that roosy should take mick off and wrap him in cotton wool for the finals,ah we wish

Jimmy C
30th August 2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by BBB
Just to add...

Plenty of credit to the many fans wearing Red and BLUE scarves who were applauding O'Loughlin as he was helped around the boundary line. They obviously felt for him as well, so well done.

My folks were at the game and commented on a number of Dees supporters who cheered when he went down. Bad losers.

daniel f
30th August 2003, 11:40 PM
sam lane on after the game has said the club is hopeful its not as serious as 1st though and roosy has said hes hopefull mick will play next week

Arks
31st August 2003, 02:21 AM
just had to mention i was watching replay of todays game ad the commentators about 5 mins b4 micks injury[hopeful cramp]that roosy should take mick off and wrap him in cotton wool for the finals,ah we wish

They were talking about Adam Goodes then.

Anyway from what ive heard it's not a serious tear and hes a chance to play next week, fingers crossed.

sWAns63
31st August 2003, 02:35 AM
How about Powell(I didn't see him on the injury list)I think he's a better option than Stevens who gets pushed around too much
p.s wasn't it great to see Doyle and Seymour out there

SXP
31st August 2003, 03:22 AM
What about Jude Bolton? After watching the replay I thought he might be booked by the umps for striking that Melbourne player. I'm not sure about this one, but it looked to me pretty nasty.

Triple B
31st August 2003, 03:40 AM
Don't think he will be in any trouble.

He certainly connected, but there was no intent whatsoever. He never took eyes off the ball and I doubt if he even saw the Dees player who he hit.

The way I saw it, Jude was committed as the third man in to spoil the contest. The Melbourne player who he connected with came in late from the side as the 4th man, well short of the marking contest, probably in an attempt to keep Jude away from the contest. No problem with that....good tactics.

He succeeded in stopping Jude from getting a fist to the contest, but copped the fist in the head for his trouble.

penga
31st August 2003, 11:42 AM
we all know roosy isnt a sheedy, always saying that his players will be up for next week...

its good to hear it isnt that bad...

heath james to come in IMO...

Donners
31st August 2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by SWANSBEST
IMO Roosy is trying to put a positive spin on the injury . The pain on Mickey"s face certainly did not give me the impression that he was suffering from a cramp. Also, his initial reaction to the injury and the words that he muttered gave me the distinct feeling that he pulled a hammy .

Yeah, but Micky does tend to exaggerate some of his injuries, which typically turn out to minor bumps or strains. The way he pulled up did look pretty bad, though...

daniel f
31st August 2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Arks
They were talking about Adam Goodes then.

Anyway from what ive heard it's not a serious tear and hes a chance to play next week, fingers crossed. mate just watched replay for the 3rd time and michael christians exact word are well now oloughlins got 4 maybe they should take him off,then daicos says yeah they should wrap him up in cotton wool,get it rite b4 u criticise

daniel f
31st August 2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Donners
Yeah, but Micky does tend to exaggerate some of his injuries, which typically turn out to minor bumps or strains. The way he pulled up did look pretty bad, though... nick davis on rex hunts footy show has said mickey just had a bad cramp,this exact thing has happened to him b4

SXP
31st August 2003, 12:52 PM
nick davis on rex hunts footy show has said mickey just had a bad cramp,this exact thing has happened to him b4

Yeah, but nobody on the panel believed it. We'll have to wait for offical news from the club.

daniel f
31st August 2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by SXP
Yeah, but nobody on the panel believed it. We'll have to wait for offical news from the club. mate most of the people on that panel imo are lucky they can string a few words together that make sense.this exact injury and the way he pulled up have happened b4,mick has extreme cramps

Sanecow
1st September 2003, 12:27 PM
As if the club will give reliable information about his injury, especially at this time of year! Dream on dreamers!