PDA

View Full Version : Rwo Footy Match - UPDATE (12-02-2002)

TheMase
12th February 2003, 10:12 PM
I am going to need help running this event (if I can even make it).

I need to make sure that the game is setup without me having to be there, if that ends up being the case (might have club footy, I REALLY hope not!).

These are the things I am going to need, and things that are going to be arranged.

1. I need someone to bring a Sherrin. Unfortunately I no longer have a Sherrin, so If someone could bring a decent Sherrin along, that'd be great.

2. I need more entries. If you have already nominated for the game, please feel free to nominate again. So far I believe I have around 15, Ideally it would be great to have between 25-30.

3. To make sure it is fair for all, and for those that do and dont play, NO FOOTBALL BOOTS will be permitted.

The game is going to be run in 2, 20 minute halves.
The difference in the teams will be one side will wear Swans guernseys and the other side will wear plain clothes. (NOTE: This will be decided on the day, or perhaps prior to, but in case of problems, please bring both!).

After the game, we will be walking to the trivia night.

This thread will be updated once I think of more information to put in it! :D

desredandwhite
12th February 2003, 10:18 PM
Some thoughts:

- I can bring a sherrin. Unfortunately it's not the shiny new KB Sherrin I bought in 1998 anymore. Will suffice at a pinch though.

- Good thing about the no boots rule!! :D

- I'll organise photographers and a video to be taped.

- How about umpies and runners to bring out water to the terminally unfit? :D

- with "uniforms" maybe it's easier to say.. either have a plain red shirt or a plain white shirt (dark shorts/pants etc with the red, light with the white). so you don't get fights over who gets to wear the r&w guernseys :)

TheMase
12th February 2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by desredandwhite

- with "uniforms" maybe it's easier to say.. either have a plain red shirt or a plain white shirt (dark shorts/pants etc with the red, light with the white). so you don't get fights over who gets to wear the r&w guernseys :)
This might be hard. I said R&W Guernseys and plain clothes because it is easier to manage.
Everyone wont necessarily have a plain white shirt or a plain red shirt (although I do have a couple of plain red AFL shirts).

Just food for thought.

The other one is, It would be good if someone could write a match report type of thing. Maybe a bit of comedy, and maybe a drafting report for the Swans new rookies :D

desredandwhite
12th February 2003, 10:39 PM
I'll be putting together some sort of report, for laughs.

I reckon plain t-shirts are easier to come by than getting 15 guernseys together :) probably ask everyone who signs up what they have and go from there

Norris Lurker
12th February 2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by TheMase
These are the things I am going to need, and things that are going to be arranged.

2. I need more entries. If you have already nominated for the game, please feel free to nominate again. So far I believe I have around 15, Ideally it would be great to have between 25-30. You may already have me on your list, but if not then count me in.:) I'm nowhere near match fit:eek: - used to be able to take a mark but never could kick. But it should be good fun. And I own both a red shirt and a white shirt, so I'll play for either team.

TheMase
13th February 2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Norris Lurker
You may already have me on your list, but if not then count me in.:) I'm nowhere near match fit:eek: - used to be able to take a mark but never could kick. But it should be good fun. And I own both a red shirt and a white shirt, so I'll play for either team.

Yep I already have you down mate ;)

These are the list of names I currently have. If I have missed anyone, PLEASE post on this thread.

TheMase
SwansRock4Eva (Kelly All-Rounders)
DesRedandWhite (Lack of Skilltons)
Mike_B
Destructive
TheHood
Diego
Norris Lurker ;)
Bomber Spirit (Bigfooty)
TigerCraig (Bigfooty)
Juicy Fruits (Bigfooty)
The Doctor (Bigfooty)
ScouseCat (MAYBE, Bigfooty)

The bottom line is here, we only have 8 people from RWO, and we need MORE.
It doesn't matter if you're male or female, come and have a go, you wont get hurt :)

Diego
13th February 2003, 01:08 PM
I am suffering from Osteous Pubis atm and might have to pull out of the match.

I went running after the bus and seem to have done something..:o

13th February 2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by desredandwhite

Why not go skins v no skins. I vote all girls on the skins side :D

I used to HATE going skins. WAY too many fingernail scratches for my liking :frown

the manager
13th February 2003, 04:32 PM
I'll be there

Ajn
13th February 2003, 08:41 PM
Has a date been set...that would help!

swansrock4eva
14th February 2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Ajn
Has a date been set...that would help!

Ajn, in the very first post:

After the game, we will be walking to the trivia night.