PDA

View Full Version : Get on the Bummers...

swan_song
16th May 2008, 11:22 AM
Last time I checked the Swannies were $1.10, and the bummers were $7.25...I reckon we should all get to the bookies and put a tenner, at least, on the dons...
I hope not, but the crap swans have shown signs of a re-emergence of late...this is a danger game where they might return to their most inept best...

stellation
16th May 2008, 11:32 AM
$7.25 is pretty crazy in a two horse race.

swan_song
16th May 2008, 11:52 AM
$7.25 is pretty crazy in a two horse race.

peculiar as well...the odds for the crows/dees match, the same as ours -- crows $1.10, Dees $7.25...so does this mean that the bookies rate the Bummers chances of winning as unlikely as those of the Dees beating Adelaide...
If I had $100 to spare, I know who I'd wager on out of these four...

DST
16th May 2008, 10:59 PM
Essendon refuse to play contested football and their one player who can actually win a contested posession in Jobe Watson is out injured.

If we turn up with the right frame of mind, it will be a smashing after half time.

DST
:D

cruiser
16th May 2008, 11:24 PM
If I had $100 to spare, I know who I'd wager on out of these four... Don't throw your money away to a bookie. Give it to me instead. Bombers are NO CHANCE.

Big Al
17th May 2008, 05:02 AM
Don't throw your money away to a bookie. Give it to me instead. Bombers are NO CHANCE.

Remember Cruiser...the Swans have an innate ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, so you'll forgive me if I'm not as certain.

Cheer Squad mbr
17th May 2008, 10:10 AM
Any cash I'd win after betting against the Swans would feel like blood money. :mad:
I could never do it and never will! Besides, I don't gamble anyway. :p

TheGrimReaper
17th May 2008, 10:14 AM
Jobe Watson is apparently a late withdrawal tomorrow.

Plugger46
17th May 2008, 02:36 PM
Bombers are unders. They should be about $9 really. I'd be absolutely amazed (and shattered) if we get beaten.

Cheer Squad
17th May 2008, 06:24 PM
Last time I checked the Swannies were $1.10, and the bummers were $7.25...I reckon we should all get to the bookies and put a tenner, at least, on the dons...
I hope not, but the crap swans have shown signs of a re-emergence of late...this is a danger game where they might return to their most inept best...

It looks like it's going to be cold and wet for tomorrow's game...we're not really used to that sort of weather. Could be a factor, it seems to suit the Victorian sides better.

ScottH
17th May 2008, 06:30 PM
It looks like it's going to be cold and wet for tomorrow's game...we're not really used to that sort of weather. Could be a factor, it seems to suit the Victorian sides better.

Yeah, coz the vic teams play in the wet so often these days.

18th May 2008, 07:20 PM
:D
$ 4.60 over 60 points , gotta like that.
How could anyone take the Bombers in there form, especially Swans faithful.