PDA

View Full Version : RWO Trivia Night

swansrock4eva
13th January 2003, 03:09 PM
After some discussion and decision making we've decided to move the Trivia night to Saturday March 22 2003, the Saturday between the Grand Final of the Wizard Cup and Round 1 of the season Proper. I will have firm details by the end of this week and I will be taking names and money at the Swans vs Bombers match at North Sydney (Feb 16) and the Wizard Cup match against Brisbane (Feb 22). Tables will be of 8-10 people so feel free to bring friends along because it won't be just about footy, and there will be some great prizes up for grabs!

Gemma :)

desredandwhite
13th January 2003, 03:14 PM
thanks for organising this, Gembo - Could we all please speak up if there's any interest in attending? The more confirmed numbers we can get now, the easier it is to book things.

I'll be there.

TheMase
13th January 2003, 03:20 PM
I will try and make it.
No guarentees though.
I am not sure when our footy season starts, so I will have to get back to you on that one.

Are we still going to have a Footy Match attached to this?
It'd be great if we could :D

Mike_B
13th January 2003, 04:05 PM
I'll be there!!! And will try drag some other trivia-buff friends of mine with me...

robbieando
13th January 2003, 04:46 PM
Sadly I won't be able to come as there is 1000km and a really long river in my way:D

However this doesn't mean I won't be helping out. Myself and Charlie are working on some pretty hard questions for you all. I'll even throw in my favouite football question which even Charlie won't be able to guess - so start reading up.

Gem, when do you want the questions in by?? Also I'm willing to "buy" a ticket even though I won't be able to come.

Good luck

swansrock4eva
13th January 2003, 06:17 PM
Robbie, did you and charlie get my email? i was having troubles with the RWO mail cos the server was being all crazy :mad: neway i had said this friday coming up but now we have a new date, if they could start filtering through from now even that would be great. What i am planning to do is put up a new question every couple of days because i am working on some myself as well so i'll grab a random question, throw it on here and let people go nuts with it :P Also, remember, there are other topics than footy included! :P
Also, you don't have to buy a ticket Robbie, but what I am hoping is that once costs are covered we will have enough money to make a donation to the Malcolm Sargent Fund, so if you or anyone else who can't attend would like to contribute some money to us for that, that would be great :)

robbieando
13th January 2003, 06:43 PM
Got the email Gem. We are both writting up questions and we will then between us pick the best 10 or so from each topic. The extra time is good.

silent lurker
14th January 2003, 03:17 AM
I hope to get to the trivia night. I just need to find a team which will take me.

swansrock4eva
14th January 2003, 01:07 PM
If people can't bring teams we'll put them on tables that don't have the full 10. If you can bring a friend or if you know people who you want to be on a table with that might help a little bit, but otherwise we'll just go with what we can :)

TheMase
14th January 2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by silent lurker
I hope to get to the trivia night. I just need to find a team which will take me.

Teams?

Dont worry, if I go, I think I will be by my lonesome too :(

jude_boltons_babe
14th January 2003, 01:44 PM
ill be at that trivia night for sure

swansrock4eva
14th January 2003, 02:11 PM
We all know each other at least by typing so it will just be a fun night and a good chance to meet new people or put nicknames to faces with real names :P Each table will be a team, whether the people on it know everyone or no one.

TheJay
14th January 2003, 05:32 PM
Hmm...I think I'll be coming too. Funny that, huh Gembo?

swansrock4eva
14th January 2003, 09:45 PM
very bizarre that! i never would have thought you'd be able to make it! :p

jude_boltons_babe
15th January 2003, 12:06 AM
hi gemma its melanie my freinds play for the gordon cricket club and they are really nice guys they are really good at trivia would they be aloud to come pretty please

vagary
15th January 2003, 09:13 AM
where is it going to be held at?
i would like to come but i would prefer a bit more info on it before i make up my mind.

swansrock4eva
15th January 2003, 02:26 PM
Melanie, that's fine - the more the merrier :)

Vagary, full details will be posted on Friday :)

jude_boltons_babe
15th January 2003, 03:02 PM
thanks gemma ill talk to the guys about it on saturday they willl love to come

swangirl24
16th January 2003, 09:19 AM
I would possibly be interested in coming ...although depends on location:)

bomber-princess
16th January 2003, 05:51 PM
hi Gemma, Kate Sippel here. i would love to come. sounds like it will be a great night.
thanks for the suggestion, it was a great one.

Norris Lurker
16th January 2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by desredandwhite
thanks for organising this, Gembo - Could we all please speak up if there's any interest in attending? Me me me.:D :D :D

jude_boltons_babe
17th January 2003, 10:42 AM
count me in for the trivia gemma